Survivor: China - 10/04/07

Old 10-03-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor: China - 10/04/07

Episode 3

Title:

Spoiler:
I Lost Two Hands and Possibly a Shoulder!

Description:

Spoiler:
For a reward of comfort items, including pillows, blankets and a tarp, the two tribes are each given a boat and must defend it against attacks. For immunity, the teams use wooden Chinese coins to solve a puzzle.

Old 10-04-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bumpity Bump Bump
Old 10-04-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Worst reward challenge ever. Not because of the challenge itself, but because the women had an extra chance, if the men went first they would've won. Just dumb.

And James and JR talking about Courtney.

EDIT: Wow, Courtney dominated that challenge.

At least they got rid of one of those 2 weaklings.

Last edited by aktick; 10-04-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-04-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still don't understand why they had Courtney trying to chop the ropes.
Old 10-04-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
"Sister Christian"

And why do the women never strip off for the challenges? It's always some pasty, flabby guy who looks an extra on The Sopranos.
Old 10-04-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know why stripping to your birthday suit is allowed in full contact challenges. That's just gnarly to have to deal with in pursuit of $1 million bucks.
Old 10-04-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The poker guy is a jackass. And I'm not sure he is good in challenges. He is big, but in an oafish, uncoordinated way. Just an all around prick.
Old 10-04-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting against J-R as well, didn't like him as a poker player, and don't like him on Survivor either.
Old 10-05-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I don't know why stripping to your birthday suit is allowed in full contact challenges.
Seems like kind of a bad idea, especially in tonight's challenge. You know, where there's a lot of tugging and pulling and pushing in the water. The guy that's about to go into the water is likely to start grabbing for anything he can get a hold of... you ever read "That Yellow Bastard?"

Also, I thought they banned nudity in challenges after the Richard Hatch incident during All-Stars.
Old 10-05-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really like Todd. I think he's got a good head on his shoulders and he's making some good decisions to further himself in the game. He should make it far.
Old 10-05-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
The poker guy is a jackass. And I'm not sure he is good in challenges. He is big, but in an oafish, uncoordinated way. Just an all around prick.

He did really well in both challenges last week and pretty good in the first challenge tonight. He and Todd also seemed to do well in the puzzle portion of the IC tonight. I'd like to see them do some challenges that involve speed, balance, or endurance because like you said he is a big oaf. But the challenges so far have been tailor made for a big oaf.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they were worried she wouldnt be any help pulling the big puzzle thing at the end. Thats really all I can think of but it seems to me Jean Robert could have just put his weight into it and drug it all by himself.

Still that was the most pathetic display I've seen on Survivor yet. My 8 year old neice could have tore through those pieces of wood in a tenth the time it took Skeletor. Too bad too she's be hot if she ate a few hamburgers.

Also Jamie's plan with the HII has worked prefectly so far. She has two clues and nobody else has any.
Old 10-05-07, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Also, I thought they banned nudity in challenges after the Richard Hatch incident during All-Stars.
As we have seen this season in their ignoring their own age requirement rules for contestants, their 'bans' don't mean anything.

It's all about the ratings.
Old 10-05-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As for the stripping, yeah, WTF?!

Holy shit that one chick is all bones. I'm surprised she could even pick up that machete let alone saw with it. Stupid to have her do chopping. J-R could have pulled the puzzle himself.

Also Jamie's plan with the HII has worked prefectly so far. She has two clues and nobody else has any.
Didn't god-woman tell one of her teammates about the 1st clue?
Old 10-05-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sista Christian told Todd.
Old 10-05-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Courtney "chopping" the rope.

I'm rooting for Todd.
Old 10-05-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Worst reward challenge ever. Not because of the challenge itself, but because the women had an extra chance, if the men went first they would've won. Just dumb.

And James and JR talking about Courtney.

EDIT: Wow, Courtney dominated that challenge.

At least they got rid of one of those 2 weaklings.

Ladies first... come on now, if the men win, you probably gonna say the same thing anyway. I thought the boat thing was pretty cool, but glad that there's censoring on the naked dude...
Old 10-05-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis

They had to let her play in the immunity challenge b/c she sat out on the previous challenge.
Old 10-05-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was more grateful for the censoring of Denise's body parts during the reward challenge.
Old 10-05-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What was the reason Leslie got voted off again? Besides the Christian thing... I thought it was either J-Rrrrobert or the skinny chick.
Old 10-05-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, did any of you got annoyed by Courtney's constant pulling up of her piece of "cloth" during the immunity challenge? I mean come on, the chick got no lungs, even man breast is bigger than whatever she got...
Old 10-05-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ocelot
What was the reason Leslie got voted off again? Besides the Christian thing... I thought it was either J-Rrrrobert or the skinny chick.
She stupidly told her own tribe how well she got along with the other tribe and connected with them when she was kidnapped.
Old 10-05-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
She stupidly told her own tribe how well she got along with the other tribe and connected with them when she was kidnapped.

ah! i must have fast forwarded that part... thanks!
Old 10-05-07, 11:54 AM

Good episode last night. One lady down on my list of who should get the f*ck off the island now, list.

John is an ass. I was surprised the women didn't team up to vote him off since he's a creepy MF.....especially w/ the "$1,000,000 and a piece of ass remark".

Thank god for censors in that challenge. Didn't need to see Dave's wang...thank you very much.
Old 10-05-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ocelot
They had to let her play in the immunity challenge b/c she sat out on the previous challenge.
Yes, I know, but I would have had her do the puzzle, unless she's not any good at puzzles. If that's the case, I would have voted her off, because she's useless in challenges.
Old 10-05-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Yes, I know, but I would have had her do the puzzle, unless she's not any good at puzzles. If that's the case, I would have voted her off, because she's useless in challenges.

Honestly, who could have known that she couldn't chop through rope? That's the easier part of the 2 parts of the challenge.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.