Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Helicopter" -- 10/01/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave this another shot last night and again found myself uninterested after the 1/2 way point. I have to agree that this show just doesn't have enough gas in the tank to fill out 60 minutes.

The blonde secret agent is smokin hot, but after last week's thread I can't stop staring at her teeth - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them - but I can't stop looking.

And every ep should have at least one gratuitous shot of the sexy nerd-herd Japanese chick.

anyway, this is probably the last ep I watch.
Old 10-02-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sarah has Bugs Bunny teeth (her front teeth are huge).
Old 10-02-07, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Sarah has Bugs Bunny teeth (her front teeth are huge).

I'd notice her teeth if I could stop staring at the rest of her.
Old 10-02-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't notice the teeth this episode, but she seemed to be lisping quite a bit in the final scene at the wiener shack. Maybe pigtails make you lisp. Also, I didn't see it in the pilot but a few times this week she reminded me of Julia Stiles quite a bit. Fortunately they were passing moments.

On the show itself, it has a lot of stuff working. The characters are good. The Sarah, Chuck and Casey interplay is working really well.The 'down time' stuff works and I particularly enjoyed the diner scene. Like the usage of the Violent Femmes this week too.

The action stuff is a mixed bag. The Sarah/Casey fight was done well, except for the breaking of the mop handle, which looked completely fake. Something about Adam Baldwin getting hurt makes me happy. On the other hand the helicopter stuff was just horrible. Not only was it unrealistic and included the cheesy "video game" solution, it was poorly shot and didn't create any tension or excitement at all. We haven't actually gotten too much into the government cloak and dagger stuff, but it's giving me a bad vibe from what's been shown so far.

A couple of minor things annoyed me too. The bad GCI of the car stereo converting to the tracker display. They could have bought an off the shelf in-dash pop out video display that would have been much more effective and probably cheaper. Also, at the end Sarah said "Now that the doctor is gone....". How is the doctor gone? Did Chuck kill him in his in his poorly shot struggle? Maybe he escaped after Sarah decided it would ruin her pissy walk off exit to go back and arrest him? Oh, and they could have at least stripped Sarah to her bra for the sweaty torture session. I thought part of the premise established in the pilot would be a gratuitous underwear shot every episode.
Old 10-03-07, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Sounded like it started to say "surface" like surface-to-air but then it got all garbled.
Maybe the NBC writers were trying to say that Oceanic 815 was shot down by the "Surface" monster Nimrod.

I enjoyed the pilot, but I was not very engaged by this second episode. I am still going to stick with the show a little longer but I see the premise wearing thin.

I think the biggest weakness if the silliness of the premise: downloaded secrets into his brain? I still don't know what that even means. I wish they would have even bothered to come up with some explanation for that (even a sci-fi one0 but the show just seems to have established that as a fact and none of the characters have even questioned it. So I find that kind of annoying.

Something that bugged me about this episode was when Chuck left dinner, Morgan was still there hanging out at the dinner table. Then the altercation outside of the apartment building and they follow the homing device to the Buy More store and there is Morgan, sitting watching a movie and eating. How did he get there so fast? Why was he still hungry?
Old 10-03-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Something that bugged me about this episode was when Chuck left dinner, Morgan was still there hanging out at the dinner table. Then the altercation outside of the apartment building and they follow the homing device to the Buy More store and there is Morgan, sitting watching a movie and eating. How did he get there so fast? Why was he still hungry?
They did show him getting up from the dinner and saying he was leaving via the Morgan door. He was probably still hungry since the dinner ended so quickly no one really ate anything.
Old 10-03-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Missed the pilot, but I heard good things so I watched this one. Probably won't watch it again. Anytime Gift-Shop Girl and her fiance/boyfriend were on screen, the show was brought to a screeching halt. She's a bad actress and he's an annoying one-dimensional character.

And what's the deal with hating on Blonde Spy's teeth? They aren't even bad.
Old 10-03-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by FatTony
And what's the deal with hating on Blonde Spy's teeth? They aren't even bad.
Her teeth aren't that bad but there was a couple of shots last week where it seemed like the camera was focused right on her front chompers and they seemed huge.
Old 10-04-07, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
If this were a 30-minute comedy about this lead character working at Buy More, I think it'd be wonderful. In the current incarnation though, the whole package comes across as mediocre.
I agree that if this was just about the Buy More with all of the same characters (with just the secret agents being...well no secret agents) this would make a great 30 comedy.

As it stands though, I really really enjoy the show. It's interesting to see people have such a mixed reaction to the show, especially since it is probably the most enjoyable I've seen this new season.

With this show, NBC's Mondays are the perfect lineup for my tastes.
Old 10-05-07, 05:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
jury is still out, no season pass yet
Old 10-05-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I listened to the TV Guide podcast today and they said the next episode was much better than the first two and they talked to the producer who said ep 3 is going to basically be what the show will be week to week, with chuck going out on missions, where as the first two were more geared towards getting things set up.
Old 10-05-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess now I'm gonna have to give it one last shot. But after Pushing Daisies, the bar is set high...
Old 10-06-07, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In the final scene of the episode, I thought it was funny how they made Sarah wear a weinerlicious outfit with a lowcut neckline to show off her boobs, and then she turns around, and she's wearing a different top that covers up her boobs. That smacks of too much pandering for a show that doesn't need it.

This appears to be low priority viewing for me at this point, but I do hope the 3rd episode picks up the pace.
Old 10-06-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
In the final scene of the episode, I thought it was funny how they made Sarah wear a weinerlicious outfit with a lowcut neckline to show off her boobs, and then she turns around, and she's wearing a different top that covers up her boobs. That smacks of too much pandering for a show that doesn't need it.
She's really pretty, but you're right in that they don't need to go down that road so far. I've found her character really likable, even when she isn't prancing around the room in her bra and panties (not that I was complaining). She and Chuck have some nice chemistry.
Old 10-06-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the blond spy chick looks like Ben Stiller's wife, Christine Taylor.
Old 10-07-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Holding out hope for the 3rd episode.