Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Unit--Season Premiere--"Pandemonium Part 1" 9/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Unit--Season Premiere--"Pandemonium Part 1" 9/25/07

Saw some of the promos and Jonas is looking like Pedro Cerrano.

Synopsis

Spoiler:
The third season begins with Jonas being hunted by a government assassin while on the run in Panama. In Washington, D.C., Col. Ryan tries to learn who is behind the attempt to dismantle the Unit and learns the answer is closer to home than he suspected. Back on base, Tiffy visits a bitter Mack in prison in hopes of saving their crumbling marriage, and Kim packs up the kids and heads home to Texas.
Old 09-25-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
I caught the season finale last week so I'd remember what was happening this season. Looking forward to seeing how this all works out.
Old 09-25-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am interested in how the writers are going to salvage this. It seems like they had painted themselves into a corner in the season finale.
Old 09-25-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I am interested in how the writers are going to salvage this. It seems like they had painted themselves into a corner in the season finale.
Agree completely.
Old 09-25-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

What with the dismantling of The Unit? It's TV...easily salvagable.

I actually thought last season made lots of strides. More action oriented episodes and surprisingly Tiff actually for me became a much more likeable character.
Old 09-25-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
What with the dismantling of The Unit? It's TV...easily salvagable.
The problem I had with the season finale is that I can't figure out how they can ever come back from it while still maintaining any sort of credibility. After the government has totally screwed with these guys entire lives, are we supposed to believe that they would come back to reform The Unit? That they would accept the fact that they can continue to do the government's dirty work, but at any time, they can be made a criminal for it? Either way, I find it hard to respect either the characters or the show. If the characters agree to come back, I see them as stupid for putting their lives and faith in the hands of a military that totally f'd them over. If they don't come back, they aren't The Unit any more, and the guys just become the A-Team.
Old 09-25-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with the above comments. Not watching this season as it seems to hard to recover from.

Doug
Old 09-25-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They changed the intro song! Disappointing, but my assumption is because it's based on a Marine cadence and I have a feeling they will no longer be in the Military once this storyline is played out.
Old 09-25-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I think those not watching because they don't see how the show can "recover" are missing out. I thought the ep. was excellent and the fact that Colonel's wife was betraying them makes it all a bit more palpable. I guess Bob's back in and I can't wait to see where they go with this this season.
Old 09-25-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have no idea where they're going with this, but I'm on board for now. If they do something really ridiculous to resolve the matter, maybe I'll consider ditching the show. I'm not sure, though -- it has consistently been a pretty good watch.
Old 09-25-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow! What a GREAT episode. One of my favorites.

Loved every minute of it. The car bombing, shootout, dodging the cop were awesome. Hope they can keep up the pace.
Old 09-25-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I actually thought last season made lots of strides. More action oriented episodes and surprisingly Tiff actually for me became a much more likeable character.
Yeah, I enjoyed season 2 far more than the first. Tiff's character is def improving.
Old 09-25-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the episode got better as it went along. I was a little confused by some things at first.

I liked the twist with the Colonel's wife, I always thought she was a bitch. I guess we won't see Tiffy's lawyer boyfriend again since he is Don Draper over on Mad Men. (and he is amazing on that show.)

Will Bob ever get in trouble for killing that CIA agent?

You know you watch too many shows, when I wondered if those bodies they found in the sea were Dexter's victims.
Old 09-26-07, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
They changed the intro song! Disappointing, but my assumption is because it's based on a Marine cadence and I have a feeling they will no longer be in the Military once this storyline is played out.
Yeah, that felt weird, but I'm thinkin' your logic is probably right.

Good episode! This show has always been consistent in keepin' ya wondering who knows what and what side anyone is on. And they blow stuff up!
Old 09-26-07, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like where the show is heading: pretty much like Bourne but with a special ops team. I wanna see them kick some ass.
Old 09-26-07, 06:06 AM

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the Unit.
Old 09-26-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The problem I had with the season finale is that I can't figure out how they can ever come back from it while still maintaining any sort of credibility. After the government has totally screwed with these guys entire lives, are we supposed to believe that they would come back to reform The Unit? That they would accept the fact that they can continue to do the government's dirty work, but at any time, they can be made a criminal for it? Either way, I find it hard to respect either the characters or the show. If the characters agree to come back, I see them as stupid for putting their lives and faith in the hands of a military that totally f'd them over. If they don't come back, they aren't The Unit any more, and the guys just become the A-Team.
Actually I think they set up the resolution pretty nicely in this episode. A rogue CIA element is going to be held responsible for the dismantling of the unit. Said rogues will get their pee-pees whacked and the unit will go on after getting appropriate and tearful apologies from Uncle Sam.

What I don't get is why these shadowy figures would risk so much for a stupid map to a secret body-dumping area.

Also, very interesting exchange between Ryan and his wife -- the 6 families who run the country. Wonder if they'll explore that story line this season.
Old 09-26-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You know you watch too many shows, when I wondered if those bodies they found in the sea were Dexter's victims.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahah.

But I was actually suprised by how put together this episode was. Everything was actually believable, and much better paced than majority of the episodes in the second half of last season. And what is with Dennis Haysbert going back to his "Major League" look?
Old 09-26-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
And what is with Dennis Haysbert going back to his "Major League" look?
It reminded me when Sisko became a badass once he shaved his head on DS9.
Old 09-26-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Please oh please let him say "Bring that shit to me man"!
Old 09-26-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My guess for the resolution is that the CIA folks are going to get exposed and sacrificed but they'll have enough on the guys in the unit to coerce them to become an elite unit of the CIA, replacing the guys they have to give up.
Old 09-27-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought this episode was really good. I like the new direction the show is heading. Jonas' "Pedro Cerrano" look won't last long I assume. I saw Haysbert on a talk show the other day and he was back to his normal look.
Old 09-27-07, 10:27 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
....Everything was actually believable, and much better paced than majority of the episodes in the second half of last season.
My thoughts exactly. If they can keep the quality this high, it'll be must-see for me again.
Old 09-27-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Anyone else's not in HD? Watching now and it's not. Must be my local affiliate. Damn it.
Old 10-04-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't see a thread on the second episode, but is it safe to assume that "the unit" will simply get back together as if nothing happened and the show will go right back to how it was before?

I was really into the first 2 episodes of this season because it was totally new and different. I've watched The Unit from the start and at first I thought it was cool but by the end of last season it just seemed old because pretty much every episode was the same. Last year's season finale and the first 2 episodes this year seemed like a complete departure from the formula and I liked it a lot. It almost seemed like an entirely different show. Hell, I even liked what was going on with the wives. The CIA thing added a whole new element to the show.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that next week will go back to the same old formula and Ryan will just send the boys somewhere and they'll do their mission and come home...same old, same old. I was really hoping the show would turn into more of a "on the run" type show where the unit guys have to evade the CIA and use their wits and stuff. It sure seems like everything got wrapped up into a nice little package and everything will go back to "normal" next week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.