Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Direct TV HD install questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
FYI - the exact SAME thing happened to me about 8 years ago on a summer Friday afternoon at my urban townhouse. I called DirecTV to complain, and they sent another tech out the next Tuesday. He looked at it and said there was no problem with line of sight, and it didn't need to be installed on the roof (previous guy said it would have to go on the roof for line of sight, and he couldn't do that because drilling into the metal roof could cause leaks and they're not insured to do that). The second guy asked if the previous tech had showed up after 3 on a Friday... he had. He was like - he billed DirecTV for a full afternoon's installation and got an early start on his weekend.

The reception issue you're discribing is normal when bad weather happens. I'd call DirecTV back. Now as for the whole living in you're relatives' basement - well "Uncle" Josh, THAT is just a whole nother kettle of creepy fish!
well as I have mentioned in other threads I am going through a bad divorce that has left me penniless. I was a stay at home dad who worked nights and now am re-entering the workforce at entry level position. I am living there as a temporary situation until the divorce is finalized and the foreclosure and bankruptcy issues are done.

And "Uncle" has been my nickname since I was 17. I had a full beard in high school and some chick at a party told me l looked like somebody's uncle as I looked older than I was. Funny thing was if I shaved my beard I didn't even look old enough to be in high school.