Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 6" (8/8 & 8/13/07)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Note that there is no results show this week - football.

We have to wait Monday night for that but it is being taped so I expect reports on that to pop out early anyway.

Then we have the finale next wed/thurs - 2 hrs each night.

Dunno who is the music guest.
Quick recap:
Spoiler:
Guest judge - Debbie Allen

New pairs:
Lacey-Pasha: hip-hop/Smooth Waltz
Lauren-Danny: contemporary/Disco
Sabra-Neil: Jazz/Paso Doble

Everyone does a solo.

Reports claim that all the partner dancs were really good. We'll see.
Old 08-08-07, 06:01 PM

Received 919 Likes on 607 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 08-08-07, 07:18 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Fans of So u think u can dance may want to ahem acquire on the net copies of a new UK dance tv show called DanceX

It is somewhat similar in that they had the audition part then the narrowing down part but the performance part is a bit different. It's group v group and they perform an ensemble dance number, a few actually and the viewers vote on which group is best then one dancer per week from the losing group has to go.

Is pretty good actually

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dancex/
Old 08-08-07, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you make this exact same post before? Do you work for that show?
Old 08-08-07, 08:06 PM

Wow.

Tonight was really, really, really, really good.

I still say that it'll be Danny, Pascha, Lacey, and Sabra... but now that I think that it's Sabra's contest to lose... but I'm still pulling for Pascha or Lacey.
Old 08-08-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Sabra - the class of the competition with the ability to combine style and performance.
2. Lacey - her fakeness is starting to wear on me, but she is still a solid dancer.
3. Lauren - she seems to be getting better, but on her solo it was really evident she does not have the skills of the other two.

1. Danny - still picking up a bit of steam, but like I said before, too late.
2. Neil - I think he is starting to pull ever so close to Danny and seems to be the most popular male, which is all that really matters.
3. Pasha - I like the guy, but like Lauren, his solo revealed he is not in the same class as the other. He still might be the best partner however for more traditional styles.

I really loved that jazz boardroom routine.

I think it is pretty clear at this point that Lauren and Pasha are gone.

Last edited by Big Dave; 08-08-07 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-08-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lacey looked great with her hair back like that and with the leather jacket.

I couldn't decide who to vote for this week.

Sabra/Neil's partner dances were my favorites tonight but all were pretty good although I didn't really like the contemporary but I think Mia is a bit overrated.

I think Lauren and Pasha will go this week too. I'd be bummed if Neil or Sabra get cut this week.

If the show is in fact being taped tomorrow night, the reports should come in after 10 PM ET. I'll try to post them here as spoilers when they come in.
Old 08-08-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sabra is friggin awesome. I agree, it's Sabra's contest to lose.

Lacey's ass is hot so tonight
Old 08-08-07, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy
Lacey's ass is hot so tonight
Looks like it was so hot that it effected your sentence structure.
Old 08-08-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, I enjoyed every dance tonight. Thought they were all amazing!! I think Pasha will go, even though his dances were so great..Lauren brought it tonight, but her movements are so jerky and I dont think she is technically very good. She falls out of a lot of her turns, but tonight was the best she has ever danced. I could watch Danny dance forever, he mesmerizes me. Sabra is the best combo of dancer, technique and performance. She does dance with her heart. Lacey dances for herself, but that smooth waltz was a thing of beauty. Great week...it's really anybodies game.
Old 08-08-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tonight was so good. The routines were good, the pairings were shot, and everything really worked. I loved every dance but the disco. (I even enjoyed that though, because Danny really is a lot more fun since Anya left. I couldn't stand him when they were together.) My favorite was Mia's though. That really blew me away. I have watched it like 20 times since the show ended, and I am likely going to go back for more. Love, love, love that routine.

I can't believe we have to wait until Monday for the results. I was all yelling at Kat, "What did you say?" That's not good. I want the show tomorrow darn it.
Old 08-08-07, 11:03 PM

Lots of good routines tonight. Loved loved loved Danny and Lauren. Voted for them both. Rooting for our hometown girl!<Lauren. Danny though, wow, he is just beautiful to watch. I'd take him over neil any day!
Hoping the top 4 will be Danny, Lauren, Sabra, and Neil.
Old 08-08-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Somehow I can't see the judges ever critiquing Mia's routines. I thought it was just OK. My prediction is that Pasha & Lauren will be the ones to go.
Old 08-09-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sinned
Somehow I can't see the judges ever critiquing Mia's routines. I thought it was just OK. My prediction is that Pasha & Lauren will be the ones to go.
Yeah it seems like she is the most-well know so they are always very careful not to be harsh on her and lavish her with praise. Maybe it is just that the style does not do much for me, but I rarely find her routines captivating.
Old 08-09-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Big Dave
Yeah it seems like she is the most-well know so they are always very careful not to be harsh on her and lavish her with praise. Maybe it is just that the style does not do much for me, but I rarely find her routines captivating.
I think she is a dancer's choreographer. By that I mean that her movements are so difficult, even though they may not look that way. She has the body bend in such unnatural ways, always requiring full extensions and her leaps and turns are usually done in awkward ways, not natural to a body at all. So although it may look elementary, a dancer will appreciate the difficulty and beauty in those movements.

Of course that doesnt change the fact you didnt enjoy it. I'm just saying I think that is why the judges go crazy for her stuff and dancers love to dance to her because they get challenged. Very unique and difficult..

Last edited by magiccmom; 08-09-07 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-09-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I think she is a dancer's choreographer. By that I mean that her movements are so difficult, even though they may not look that way. She has the body bend in such unnatural ways, always requiring full extensions and her leaps and turns are usually done in awkward ways, not natural to a body at all. So although it may look elementary, a dancer will appreciate the difficulty and beauty in those movements.

Of course that doesnt change the fact you didnt enjoy it. I'm just saying I think that is why the judges go crazy for her stuff and dancers love to dance to her because they get challenged. Very unique and difficult..
I am sure that it has a lot to do with it. I will not deny either that I lean much more to the routines that up-tempo music which seems to be rarely a part of her dances.
Old 08-09-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think taping will be at 6 PM ET so reports should come in a little earlier.
Old 08-09-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like they kicked the whole audience out during the elimination so we really have to wait until Monday.
Old 08-09-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
Looks like they kicked the whole audience out during the elimination so we really have to wait until Monday.
I have to imagine it is Lauren and Pasha, they are the only ones that make sense.

I think the more interesting thing will be to see where the audience is leaning in the Sabra/Lacey and Danny/Neil voting by seeing which were actually kept safe.
Old 08-10-07, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How tall is Cat?? the girl dancers look like midgets or is it little people standing next to her??. That freaks me out each week

Sabra you go girl you are the complete package and not full of yourself like Lacey (although as said earlier her ass is just fine)

Last edited by shanester; 08-10-07 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-10-07, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by shanester
How tall is Cat?? the girl dancers look like midgets or is it little people standing next to her??. That freaks me out each week
According to the IMDB, she's 5' 9".
Old 08-10-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No way in hell she is 5' 9". With her wearing those heels, she's taller than Danny by 2-3" inches and Danny ain't short.
Old 08-10-07, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ranger
It was still leaked....

The two eliminated are
Spoiler:
Ivan and Natalie
Old 08-10-07, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by matta
It was still leaked....

The two eliminated are
Spoiler:
Ivan and Natalie
you twit... I almost spit my drink.
Old 08-13-07, 03:12 PM

Bump for the elimination ep tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.