DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hell's Kitchen - 08/06/07 - **Season 3 Finale, Part 1** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/508322-hells-kitchen-08-06-07-%2A%2Aseason-3-finale-part-1%2A%2A.html)

Superman07 08-06-07 10:25 AM

Hell's Kitchen - 08/06/07 - **Season 3 Finale, Part 1**

Tonight's the night!

My money is on Rock, but somehow I have a sneaking feeling it's not a sure thing.

Sweet Baby James 08-06-07 10:30 AM

I also think that the Rock will win the smackdown. It's a win-win situation for me because I like both finalists. Should be interesting to see if Melissa has a handlebar mustache working.

Noonan 08-06-07 10:35 AM

Unless Rock has some major screw-up I don't see how he can lose. Ramsey's been pushing him to win since day one.

GuessWho 08-06-07 10:47 AM

Per the preview last week and the schedule on fox.com...

Season finale is NEXT week, Aug 13.

movieking 08-06-07 11:15 AM

Yup, this is part one of the finale

matta 08-06-07 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Per the preview last week and the schedule on fox.com...

Season finale is NEXT week, Aug 13.

Yeah, I thought they had to play a non-elimination catch up with the double elimination two weeks ago. They've had 2 shows with double elimination, and 1 show with no elimination, so they needed one more show without an elimination.

DJariya 08-06-07 12:13 PM

Wow! Someone actually beat me to creating this thread. I'm rooting for Bonnie. She still has alot to learn, but she's so much more likeable for me than Rock.

starseed1981 08-06-07 01:16 PM

I know this show is not about culinary excellence, but rather talent running a kitchen...however...

To have an executive chef lose to a nanny would be just asinine. GO ROCK!

matta 08-06-07 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I know this show is not about culinary excellence, but rather talent running a kitchen...however...

To have an executive chef lose to a nanny would be just asinine. GO ROCK!

What if he's a bad executive chef and she's a really good nanny?

I agree that it would be pretty far fetched, but if Rock does something really stupid (like Jen in last episode) he must justifiably lose.

Basically, I don't think Bonnie can "win", but I do think she can "not lose".

Superman07 08-06-07 01:29 PM

TWO parts?! :(

bunkaroo 08-06-07 03:42 PM

Does anyone else find the parts devoted to designing the restaurant to be the most boring part of the whole season?

DJariya 08-06-07 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
TWO parts?! :(

Yup, I already knew there were 2 more episodes after last week and the promos never said that tonight was the season finale.

Superman07 08-06-07 06:54 PM

Could somebody change the title to **Season 3 Finale Part 1** ? Thanks.

As I said - I've never seen an entire season before, so I was not aware that the redesign and the old contestants coming back was going to happen.

Personally I think the redesign is rather interesting and I'm curious to see what the two do. Based on the preview Bonnie gets screwed over with wallpaper - assuming there are no rules preventing it, I'd just go with paint.

kenage 08-06-07 07:16 PM

Something always happens with the re-designs. I am sure Rock will have to deal with something going wrong with his side.

Superman07 08-06-07 09:05 PM

Best part by far was Jean-Philippe telling Rock no to the jeans idea. rotfl

Sweet Baby James 08-06-07 09:46 PM

I wonder if Gordon will revoke Julia's scholarship if she is found to have purposely sabotage Bonnie's chances. She is definitely not motivated to be on Bonnie's team. I thought that she came off quite immature at the end of the show tonight.

Giantrobo 08-06-07 11:14 PM

I can't even get into it tonight. 15 minutes in and I just changed it to watch "Girlfriends". :lol: I don't even care about Roc and Bonnie. I say this not to sound like broken record, I just don't know why but this show lost me this season. I loved it last year and this really bothers me.

dan30oly 08-07-07 12:02 AM

worst episode ever.

matta 08-07-07 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by dan30oly
worst episode ever.

Agreed, but in their defense, they only expected to have a 1 episode finale. Multiple double elimination episodes screwed things up. At least with the Melissa team switch, you didn't see it coming so it wasn't a let down until the end. This episode was a let down from the first 15 seconds because I knew there was no elimination.

DVDFreaker 08-07-07 12:31 AM

So who won?

matta 08-07-07 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
So who won?

No one. We all lost for watching it.

DVDFreaker 08-07-07 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by matta
No one. We all lost for watching it.

How did no one win? I don't get it

Matthew Chmiel 08-07-07 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
How did no one win? I don't get it

Gordon shot both Bonnie and Rock in the back of the head and then burned down the sound stage Hell's Kitchen is filmed on. It was honestly an unexpected, yet horribly unsatisfying ending.

DVDFreaker 08-07-07 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Gordon shot both Bonnie and Rock in the back of the head and then burned down the sound stage Hell's Kitchen is filmed on. It was honestly an unexpected, yet horribly unsatisfying ending.

-ohbfrank- Be serious!

mndtrp 08-07-07 02:18 AM

It's a two part finale, the second part is next week.