DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hell's Kitchen - 08/06/07 - **Season 3 Finale, Part 1** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/508322-hells-kitchen-08-06-07-%2A%2Aseason-3-finale-part-1%2A%2A.html)

TGM 08-07-07 05:14 AM

God dammit Bonnie is so friggin' cute... sheeeeeit.

Noonan 08-07-07 07:14 AM

Rock is an idiot for not choosing Julia with his 2nd pick. I'm now starting to have doubts that he will win based off the team he has working with him.

Superman07 08-07-07 07:27 AM

Given all of the issues between the teams this season I think Ramsay was surprised at the outcome of the choices. In fact he even said, "Interesting."

I honestly thought Bonnie would have picked somebody other than red-head as her second. I suppose the thought was not to have her left to you in the third round and try to screw you over because she wasn't picked.

nateman 08-07-07 08:03 AM

This should have been a 2 Hour episode tonight. The first Hour would have been this episode & the second episode would have been the *Season 3 Finale*. Oh, well.

A decent episode for a "Catch-Up" show. I don't really know who I want to win really. I would root for Rock because he actually has some brains in his head. I would root for Bonnie if she invited me to work at her restaurant, so I could screw up all the time & she call "Punish" me.

I didn't know that Bonnie was an actress (she must have been awful) before being a nanny & doing Hell's Kitchen. :lol: I liked the part when they where in Las Vegas & everyone was cheers for Rock & Bonnie was shhh, shing.. everyone.

Anyways I bet if anything...
Spoiler:
Bonnie is going to win because she is a conniving little one.

Looking foward to next weeks ep.

djbrown 08-07-07 08:21 AM

anyone have an animated gif of Bonnie's "Yes!" fistpump. Cracks me up everytime I see it.

Lastblade 08-07-07 08:24 AM

Rock will win. I don't like him much but Bonnie is not head chef material.

DVDFreaker 08-07-07 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lastblade
Rock will win. I don't like him much but Bonnie is not head chef material.

Rock isn't head chef material either

dan30oly 08-07-07 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Rock is an idiot for not choosing Julia with his 2nd pick. I'm now starting to have doubts that he will win based off the team he has working with him.

At least Rock didn't pick all the "losers" because he thought they would have the most to prove.

DeputyDave 08-07-07 09:02 AM

You know, I'm changing my mind about who should win this show. I've thought it should be Rock for weeks now, but I'm wondering how much of that is just his non stop PR working on me. He's a good cook and I'm sure more experienced but I think he's more bark than bite.

When they had to chew out Ramsay last week, Bonnie was the only one who was convincing, same with when they ran the line... she was the one that held up to the pressure better. Last night, when designing the restaurant and menus, she jumped right in. Rock looked like a deer in the headlights. Hasn't he ever watched the show? He had to have known it was coming and given it a little thought.

Rock may give the appearance of a better head chef, but I don’t think he could take the pressure.

Minor Threat 08-07-07 09:41 AM

Doeas anyone think that Rock is a fucking idiot for trying to create a casual dining experience for his theme? I mean seriously, jeans for the wait staff when all his tableware is classic design? Fried chicken????? To me that's just ridiculous - they're not looking for someone to re-create Applebee's and he's got a blank check.....

Superman07 08-07-07 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
You know, I'm changing my mind about who should win this show. I've thought it should be Rock for weeks now, but I'm wondering how much of that is just his non stop PR working on me. He's a good cook and I'm sure more experienced but I think he's more bark than bite.

When they had to chew out Ramsay last week, Bonnie was the only one who was convincing, same with when they ran the line... she was the one that held up to the pressure better. Last night, when designing the restaurant and menus, she jumped right in. Rock looked like a deer in the headlights. Hasn't he ever watched the show? He had to have known it was coming and given it a little thought.

Rock may give the appearance of a better head chef, but I don’t think he could take the pressure.

I agree 100%. Past couple odd weeks I felt it was Rocks, as I thought it should be Rocks. I think he hit his limit with his breakdown and has been heading downhill ever since.

Bonnie says she is a darkhorse...I'm really wondering if sh'e brilliant and been playing the system the entire time acting a lot more dumb than she really is. You'd always see her crying and saying she isn't cut out to be here infront of all the teammates back at the rooms, but then she'd tell Ramsay something else when her neck was on the line. If you look, Julia did the exact opposite and she left.

johnnysd 08-07-07 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
I agree 100%. Past couple odd weeks I felt it was Rocks, as I thought it should be Rocks. I think he hit his limit with his breakdown and has been heading downhill ever since.

Bonnie says she is a darkhorse...I'm really wondering if sh'e brilliant and been playing the system the entire time acting a lot more dumb than she really is. You'd always see her crying and saying she isn't cut out to be here infront of all the teammates back at the rooms, but then she'd tell Ramsay something else when her neck was on the line. If you look, Julia did the exact opposite and she left.

It's funny but I got the impression last night that Bonnie is much smarter than the show has let on. We know that they edit it and manipulate it to present people in "interesting" ways but she seemed on the ball last night and the last few weeks, and not just the "hot nanny" she was portrayed as early. She may well still lose, but as an "executive chef" which is completely different than "head chef" she may be the stronger of the two candidates.

C-Mart 08-07-07 03:49 PM

It seems to me that they are editing the show in such a way that shows Rock struggling, but then he'll do an amazing service and win the thing. Making him look like an idiot in the design of his menu and his restaurant will enhance the victory if he gets it. Based on last nights episode, I hope that Bonnie gets it... though I think she should have picked Julia over Mellissa any day.

rkndkn 08-07-07 03:57 PM

They showed us Rock's kids -- he will win. That was the "yes, he lost his temper badly once, but look what a sweet daddy he is" moment.

nateman 08-08-07 10:11 AM

^^^ Yeah, Can't wait to see him on Nanny 911 next season.

neiname 08-08-07 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
^^^ Yeah, Can't wait to see him on Nanny 911 next season.

or Cops

Jason1 08-08-07 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Bonnie says she is a darkhorse...I'm really wondering if sh'e brilliant and been playing the system the entire time acting a lot more dumb than she really is.

Bonnie is smarter than she is letting on. :)

The winner does not need to be the best chef. The winner is the person Chef Ramsay can train to be the best chef when his restaurant opens.

Jason1 08-08-07 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by neiname
or Cops

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet Baby James 08-08-07 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jason1
Bonnie is smarter than she is letting on. :)

The winner does not need to be the best chef. The winner is the person Chef Ramsay can train to be the best chef when his restaurant opens.

:wave: Welcome to the forum. I don't believe that Ramsay owns the restaurant at Green Valley Ranch. Gordon washes his hands of these cheftestants once the show is over.

islandclaws 08-09-07 02:03 PM

We all know everything is an obvious set up on this show. Rock was made to look stupid this episode because it's <i>obvious</i> Bonnie is an idiot, apparently. They knew people would see Rock had this in the bag, so they make him look foolish in the penultimate episode to throw people off.

Trust me, when this is over Rock is winning. They showed Julia crying during the latest promo? Think she's crying because she's happy for that attractive skinny white bitch? Hell no. She cries for Rock and Rock alone.

shoppingbear 08-09-07 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Doeas anyone think that Rock is a fucking idiot for trying to create a casual dining experience for his theme? I mean seriously, jeans for the wait staff when all his tableware is classic design? Fried chicken????? To me that's just ridiculous - they're not looking for someone to re-create Applebee's and he's got a blank check.....

rotfl Love the Applebee's comparison, and yes, I wondered the same thing. Fried chicken and jeans at a fine dining restaurant? :hscratch:

Originally Posted by DeputyDave

:thumbsup: Agreed. If anything, it's kind of sad that he has MORE experience, but seemed more lost in actually running the kitchen. I don't think he's up to the challenge.

sinned 08-13-07 11:16 AM

Tonight is the finale for Hell's Kitchen Season 3
Bonnie was on TV Guide's "Reality Chat" last night and she *might* have given away the results of the finale (read spoiler at your own risk):
Spoiler:

On the final episode: "I've effectively blocked that from my mind"
On what she's doing now: "I'm back as the nanny and personal chef with the family I was with"
When asked by the hosts if that meant she lost: "Oh... Rock is back at his old job too"

Oh well, its not as if we were expecting her to win anyway.

movieking 08-13-07 11:24 AM

I can't see Rock not winning.