TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Love : "Kingdom Come" 7/30/07

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts
Big Love : "Kingdom Come" 7/30/07

Spoiler:
Stressed out from the Weber deal and exhausted by Margene's sexual appetite, Bill proposes that he take a night off from the wives every seventh day. The proposal is met with resistance, especially from Barb, who has already seen her nights dwindle with each new wife, but Nicki and Margene aren't sure they want to join in a unified "cold-shoulder" campaign to get Bill to reconsider. At the compound, Frank discovers Lois's valuable pea stash and holds the money hostage until Lois tells how she got the loot. At home, Bill and Barb are shocked to learn of Ben's "deviant" behavior with Brynn, but differ on the best way to treat it. With the Weber deal still in doubt, Bill continues to play both sides of the inter-compound dispute, hoping to incite Roman to take retaliatory measures that will finish off the Greenes. Armed with new information about Eddie's windfall, Frank pays Bill a visit at Home Plus in an effort to blackmail him, receiving a rude send-off in return. Bill attempts to bring Ben into the fold by conferring the priesthood on him. (TVMA) ()

Apparently "THE MOST DRAMATIC EPISODE YET!!!!" according to the promos and website. We shall see.....
Old 07-30-07, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last few minutes lived up to promos hype...wow I did not see that coming.

Margene
Old 07-31-07, 07:41 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great episode...just "good" throughout, then the last 5 minutes were fantastic. I like how they shot him in the shoulders and stomach - so he'll have a chance of living.

They (Feds) got Hollis though, right?

It was about a full hour, eh? Nice to see.
Old 07-31-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent episode, surprising ending, and some great Margene action!
Old 07-31-07, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by aktick
Great episode...just "good" throughout, then the last 5 minutes were fantastic. I like how they shot him in the shoulders and stomach - so he'll have a chance of living.

They (Feds) got Hollis though, right?

It was about a full hour, eh? Nice to see.

I don't think they got Hollis yet. I thought they said they were in Arizona but not in custody yet.
Old 07-31-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the five minute recap at the beginning, I was expecting big developments, but it was basically 55 minutes of Bill bemoaning the stress of having to satisfy three women (boo hoo!) and 5 minutes of real development.
Old 07-31-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"I'll let you come in the backdoor."

"If I want an old caboose, I'll call Union Pacific."

Nikki's reaction to what she saw Margie and Bill doing was great, especially the look when he went down on her (she's a BAD girl).

I love the entire show, but if Ginnifer/Margene keeps this up, I'll be fine if the show just devolves into an hour at Margene's house.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 07-31-07 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-31-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy

That whole scene was hilarious. Bruce Dern is certainly making up for his absence in the earlier episodes.

Anyone else find the similarity/contrast between the preview shot in the opening post and Bill getting his 'favour' from Margene funny? I guess this was the episode for Bill laying hands on heads for rather different reasons.

Nikki's reaction to what she saw Margie and Bill doing was great, especially the look when he went down on her (she's a BAD girl).

I love the entire show, but if Ginnifer/Margene keeps this up, I'll be fine if the show just devolves into an hour at Margene's house.
It's priceless when comparing her reaction to Bill/Margene to a certain scene from Brown Bunny. Who says Chloe isn't versatile?

Old 07-31-07, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was this the first time we've seen Barb scold Margene and take Nikki's side? Poor Ben, could he be any more messed up in the head? I'll miss his blonde cutie with the curly hair. So everyone else think that was body doubles for Bill and Margene? I thought someone posted an article in another thread about how Ginnifer wouldn't do any nude scenes. I felt sorry for Bill's mom. She really is screwed by all men in her life. I don't think we've seen the last of Harry Dean Stanton.
Old 07-31-07, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
Was this the first time we've seen Barb scold Margene and take Nikki's side? Poor Ben, could he be any more messed up in the head? I'll miss his blonde cutie with the curly hair. So everyone else think that was body doubles for Bill and Margene? I thought someone posted an article in another thread about how Ginnifer wouldn't do any nude scenes. I felt sorry for Bill's mom. She really is screwed by all men in her life. I don't think we've seen the last of Harry Dean Stanton.
I got the impression from her Conan interview that it may have been her in those scenes.

This is all I could find from the interview:

- She has more sex scenes than others. It doesn't feel intense
to her since she has a contact come to her before the scene, and
describes *exactly* what she will do, she'll unbutton from the third
button, hang from the fan, make this noise .. it makes her feel
comfortable to have that exactly detailed.

- There's 'no patches', stickers so ... she covers her body in
Post-It notes with things like 'My face is up here'?
Old 07-31-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
We know Paxton isn't afraid to show his ass.
Old 07-31-07, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
We know Paxton isn't afraid to show his ass.
I know he has been showing it since Weird Science. When I see the "N" in the warnings I automatically assume it will be Paxton's ass.
Old 07-31-07, 09:15 PM

Was this the first time we've seen Barb scold Margene and take Nikki's side?
She scolded Margene for flirting with Ben earlier this season, and I'm sure she's criticized her immaturity before.
Old 07-31-07, 11:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Frank is awesome.

Another stellar episode this week -- damn this show is good!
Old 08-01-07, 12:19 AM
Banned

best episode of the series yet!
I like where they have gone with the show this season.
Very happy they renewed this for season 3.
Old 08-01-07, 12:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good episode

Frank's response to Lois trying to seduce him was great and Nikki freaking out about oral sex
Old 08-01-07, 05:02 AM

Anyone else take the quiz on hbo.com? Bastards said I was a Nikki.
Old 08-01-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Wow everyone on this show is fucking insane!
Old 08-01-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
With the five minute recap at the beginning, I was expecting big developments, but it was basically 55 minutes of Bill bemoaning the stress of having to satisfy three women (boo hoo!) and 5 minutes of real development.
Whoa, I just got a Sopranos-thread flash-back. Big Love doesn't have enough whackings!

Dude, those 55 minutes is what this show is all about - that 5 minutes of "real development" is just a catalyst to establish a different dynamic to further the exploration of the themes presented in those 55 minutes.
Old 08-01-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone else take the quiz on hbo.com? Bastards said I was a Nikki.
I was a Barb and I was so hoping to be inside Margene.
Old 08-01-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Since it was obviously a female quiz, I answered as I thought my wife would, along with what I would have liked her answers to be for a couple of questions.

Net result: I was a Margene!
Old 08-01-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus
Since it was obviously a female quiz, I answered as I thought my wife would, along with what I would have liked her answers to be for a couple of questions.

Net result: I was a Margene!
You're a dirty girl!
Old 08-01-07, 07:48 PM

You're a dirty girl!
But I'm a good girl!

P.S. I just answered as if I was a women.
Old 08-02-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I felt sorry for Bill's mom. She really is screwed by all men in her life. I don't think we've seen the last of Harry Dean Stanton.
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She could have more easily put that money in a bank than storing it in pea cans. She a much or more of a wack job than Wanda - she's just better at masking it. Roman most certainly is not gone.

Originally Posted by slop101
Dude, those 55 minutes is what this show is all about - that 5 minutes of "real development" is just a catalyst to establish a different dynamic to further the exploration of the themes presented in those 55 minutes.
Precisely. Most interesting parts to me were watching the wives' dynamics shift around to where they eventually ALL end up on each other's side, and Bill is consigned to the basement.

Originally Posted by 1998Nole
I know he has been showing it since Weird Science. When I see the "N" in the warnings I automatically assume it will be Paxton's ass.
Yeah I know - didn't see the need for him to drop trow in Twister or Titanic. Bring it on, Bill!

Last edited by rfduncan; 08-02-07 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-02-07, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by andicus

It's priceless when comparing her reaction to Bill/Margene to a certain scene from Brown Bunny. Who says Chloe isn't versatile?

Yeah, I remember so many fools back in the day, saying her career was over because of that movie. Do a search on here and you'll probably find it. I guess they were wrong.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.