DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Any One Watching "HeartLand" on TNT? Possible Spoilers! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/507680-any-one-watching-heartland-tnt-possible-spoilers.html)

Septemberbaby 07-29-07 07:30 PM

Any One Watching "HeartLand" on TNT? Possible Spoilers!

I'm confused about something... Treat William's character sees the 'donors'... They even talk to him.
Dabney Coleman plays his mentor and he's in desperate need of a Lung Transplant... about 2 episodes ago, we see Treat sitting at the local diner chatting with Dabney.. then his ex and daughter walk in and it's obvious that Dabney wasn't there and so it seemed as if he was talking to him and he was dead. In the next episode... he was alive. Then, this past week, Dabney's condition is deteriorating and a while later, Treat sees him again and he seems to be healthy indicating again that he's dead... sure enough, he not dead.
Can someone explain this?

Timber 07-29-07 07:32 PM

I have no idea. I thought he died 2 weeks ago.

Septemberbaby 07-29-07 07:44 PM

He's definitely dying but not dead. They called in Hospice the last episode.
But, he keeps seeing him in places that he can't be, he's bed ridden.
It's just been bugging me the last couple of episodes.

Timber 07-29-07 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
He's definitely dying but not dead. They called in Hospice the last episode.
But, he keeps seeing him in places that he can't be, he's bed ridden.
It's just been bugging me the last couple of episodes.

That's what I meant. When he started having visions of him I thought that meant he died.

DJariya 07-29-07 08:10 PM

Maybe Nathaniel is having visions of talking to a "healthier" Bart who can actually offer him sound advice etc. I think Bart's condition would limit his activity and would leave him bed-ridden.

Rogue588 07-30-07 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I'm confused about something... Treat William's character sees the 'donors'... They even talk to him.
Dabney Coleman plays his mentor and he's in desperate need of a Lung Transplant... about 2 episodes ago, we see Treat sitting at the local diner chatting with Dabney.. then his ex and daughter walk in and it's obvious that Dabney wasn't there and so it seemed as if he was talking to him and he was dead. In the next episode... he was alive. Then, this past week, Dabney's condition is deteriorating and a while later, Treat sees him again and he seems to be healthy indicating again that he's dead... sure enough, he not dead.
Can someone explain this?

I left TNTHD on one night and saw the diner episode you were talking about. I had never seen the show, didn't know anything about the characters and thought Obi-Wan Dabney was a figment of his imagination. (Actually, I was more concerned that Dabney was walking around with an oxygen tank in real life - it's been a while since I saw him.) Then I saw the hospice episode with a chick that looked like Dee Wallace but much older.

To answer your question...I can't explain it.