Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Any One Watching "HeartLand" on TNT? Possible Spoilers!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused about something... Treat William's character sees the 'donors'... They even talk to him.
Dabney Coleman plays his mentor and he's in desperate need of a Lung Transplant... about 2 episodes ago, we see Treat sitting at the local diner chatting with Dabney.. then his ex and daughter walk in and it's obvious that Dabney wasn't there and so it seemed as if he was talking to him and he was dead. In the next episode... he was alive. Then, this past week, Dabney's condition is deteriorating and a while later, Treat sees him again and he seems to be healthy indicating again that he's dead... sure enough, he not dead.
Can someone explain this?
Old 07-29-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I have no idea. I thought he died 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-29-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He's definitely dying but not dead. They called in Hospice the last episode.
But, he keeps seeing him in places that he can't be, he's bed ridden.
It's just been bugging me the last couple of episodes.
Old 07-29-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
He's definitely dying but not dead. They called in Hospice the last episode.
But, he keeps seeing him in places that he can't be, he's bed ridden.
It's just been bugging me the last couple of episodes.

That's what I meant. When he started having visions of him I thought that meant he died.
Old 07-29-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Maybe Nathaniel is having visions of talking to a "healthier" Bart who can actually offer him sound advice etc. I think Bart's condition would limit his activity and would leave him bed-ridden.
Old 07-30-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I'm confused about something... Treat William's character sees the 'donors'... They even talk to him.
Dabney Coleman plays his mentor and he's in desperate need of a Lung Transplant... about 2 episodes ago, we see Treat sitting at the local diner chatting with Dabney.. then his ex and daughter walk in and it's obvious that Dabney wasn't there and so it seemed as if he was talking to him and he was dead. In the next episode... he was alive. Then, this past week, Dabney's condition is deteriorating and a while later, Treat sees him again and he seems to be healthy indicating again that he's dead... sure enough, he not dead.
Can someone explain this?
I left TNTHD on one night and saw the diner episode you were talking about. I had never seen the show, didn't know anything about the characters and thought Obi-Wan Dabney was a figment of his imagination. (Actually, I was more concerned that Dabney was walking around with an oxygen tank in real life - it's been a while since I saw him.) Then I saw the hospice episode with a chick that looked like Dee Wallace but much older.

To answer your question...I can't explain it.