Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CHUCK Pilot Episode

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
That's why he didn't put a date in the thread title.
Ya, exactamundo. Since it was pilot review season for a while there this summer, I thought my title was descriptive enough.
Old 09-12-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It was bad enough with the constant movie remakes...now we're getting TV shows rehashed, too.

Is there absolutely no iota of originality (or even the remotest semblence of it) left in Hollywood?

Rhetorical question, btw.
Old 09-12-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon2
It was bad enough with the constant movie remakes...now we're getting TV shows rehashed, too.

Is there absolutely no iota of originality (or even the remotest semblence of it) left in Hollywood?

Rhetorical question, btw.
Oh great a Threadcrapper....Thanks for your insight into Chuck!

Last edited by DJariya; 09-12-07 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-12-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Ya, exactamundo. Since it was pilot review season for a while there this summer, I thought my title was descriptive enough.
Yeah, because not having the air-date in the title is descriptive...

You really can't see how someone would think you were posting about a show that has already aired?

C'mon man, you don't even mention anything about it in your post. Would it have hurt to just put a 09/24/07 in the title? Or at least mention how someone can see it? But of course since this is the internet, you (or anyone else) will never admit to being in the wrong, and so it goes...
Old 09-12-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1. We're not supposed to start threads for episodes airing until the day of airing.
2. Pilot episode threads are generally previews (unless the post is on the day of airing).
3. I had no idea when Chuck would air its first episode (when the initial post was in late July).
4. Chuck is on NBC, and if you follow network TV scheduling, most of the network shows are premiering in the last week of September, or early October. Even if you didn't know Chuck was on NBC, sometimes you just have to muddle through the ignorance until you get caught up to speed.
Old 09-12-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm aware of point #1, which is why I have a problem with this thread.

Point #2 seems arbitrary and made up by yourself in order to excuse this thread.

The rest is just happenstance.

I call shenanigans!
Old 09-12-07, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
I'm aware of point #1, which is why I have a problem with this thread.
No one MADE you click on it nor post repeatedly TO it. I'm glad to have a chance to discuss these pilots before the massive onslaught of new programming in two weeks. It was nice to see what other people thought of it so I can decide if I want to continue to watch it. Which is why we post in these threads...

Point #2 seems arbitrary and made up by yourself in order to excuse this thread.
Well Patman has posted most of the pilot threads for this new season's shows in advance and abided by the forum rules. Arbitrary or not, his formula is clear and voilates no rules.

But of course since this is the internet, you (or anyone else) will never admit to being in the wrong, and so it goes...
Are you willing to admit that you yourself are wrong from another person's point of view?

(Not to mention, more so than not, derailing this thread OT?)
Old 09-12-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The purpose of all these pre-air threads is stimulate discussion, while your (slop) purpose is an unrelated agenda. If you have a problem with a topic, post or policy, contact a moderator.

Hopping from thread to thread and crapping about policy is counter productive to the intent of the forum.
Old 09-12-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Are you willing to admit that you yourself are wrong from another person's point of view?

(Not to mention, more so than not, derailing this thread OT?)
Short answer, no, with a "but".
Long answer, yes, with an "if"...
Old 09-12-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Technically, if the pilot has been made widely available legally (through Blockbuster and Amazon), there should be no problems with this discussion. I think there's a bit too much nit picking here.
Old 09-13-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Rachel Bilson will have some guest apperances on Chuck this season.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ra...news-headlines
Old 09-14-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It hasn't aired. But you can legally watch from Amazon.

Also, Comcast, the biggest cable provider in the country, has Chuck and other NBC shows in OnDemand.
I watched the Bionic Woman pilot and Chuck last night.

I liked Chuck better, but I'm not sure if it can last the entire season.
Old 09-14-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched Chuck On Demand last night; I was actually impressed. I'll give it a shot this year until I get bored with it.
Old 09-16-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched the pilot via Amazon Unbox and I thought it was pretty fun. The one problem I had with it is, if the government already knew these secrets (such as the assassination attempt) ion order to put it into their secret computer program, then why would they need Chuck for? It would seem he only knows government secrets the government already knows.
Old 09-16-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe they consider him like a portable hard drive ... Ok, I am nerd.
Old 09-17-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
I thought the pilot rated a C+...it really needs to make up its mind if it wants to be The 40-year-old Virgin or The Bourne Identity. Some of the comedy is SO over the top (Chuck's sister's boyfriend is particularly annoying) that when the show tries to be serious, you just don't buy it.
Old 09-17-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is like Alias if Marshall had been the lead character.
Old 09-17-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I just watched the pilot via Amazon Unbox and I thought it was pretty fun. The one problem I had with it is, if the government already knew these secrets (such as the assassination attempt) ion order to put it into their secret computer program, then why would they need Chuck for? It would seem he only knows government secrets the government already knows.
My impression (and I'll pay more attention when I watch it again next week) is that Chuck knows the information but actually had to make the connection to figure out what was going to happen.

Or it's something the computer did know about but the government hadn't gotten to that particular secret yet.
Old 09-22-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally got around to watching this on HD On Demand. This was one of my most anticapted new shows of the season but I was disappointed. I'm hoping it's just because it was the pilot and they needed to get the background info out there, but I felt it focused too much on his personal life/nerd work too much. I'll give it some time and hope subsequent episodes are better.
Old 09-23-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed it quite a bit, primarily because of the action/comedy mix. Plus, it seems that they'll be finding any excuse possible to get Yvonne Strablahblah in her underwear, which can only add great times.
Old 09-24-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't see this being the breakout hit that many critics are claiming.

I didn't care for the premise, or the lead character.

I'm all for suspending belief, and enjoy good sci-fi and comedy and even both mixed in together, but this show was prettty stupid.

I doubt I will watch again.