Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

How Many "BAD" Shows Are You Watching?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How Many "BAD" Shows Are You Watching?

Old 06-21-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nip/Tuck has to be the worst show I currently watch (during season anyway). Right behind that is 24.
Old 06-21-07, 08:12 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I'm not watching anything right now, so I guess the answer is zero.
Old 06-21-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Smallville. I hate this show for probably about 75% of the time, but when it's good, I love it in a comic-book geek kind of way. This is a show that would benefit ENORMOUSLY from a 13 episode season.
So true...you sit through 18 horrible episodes just to watch 4 truly incredible episodes...I guess thats what happens when you try to market a show to comic book geeks and teenage girls at the same time.

Ill vote for Studio 60 too. I know some people have said these are some of the best episodes yet, but theyve spent the past 2 episodes on people standing around andwaiting to hear what's happening to Jordan and Tom's brother...oh yeah, and flashbacks. Im only watching because I know theres only 1 (maybe 2?) episodes left...
Old 06-21-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
None, too many good things on the Tivo
Old 06-21-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I watch ALOT of TV shows during the primetime season (fall-spring) & only a few shows in the summer & here's my list:

CSI: Miami - I still don't understand why I still decide to watch this show season after season because it is beyond horrible. The acting is brutal, The stories are the samn damn thing every week (even more than the OR CSI) & most of them are boring as hell.

-There are other shows that arn't great that I watch besides all my favs but miami is the worst of the bunch.

Hell's Kitchen is not a bad show.

I am currently watching the worst show in television - Billable Hours. It's on Showcase or Bravo in Canada. I can honestly say the best thing about the show is the theme song. It's a great theme song, and there is a hot blonde in it, but other than that, the show is horrible.
I agree,
Hell's Kitchen isn't a horrible show at all. It's fun to watch Ramsay curse at incompetent people.
Being a fellow Canuck I completely agree that Billiable Hours is a horrible, god awful TV show. I don't like the Trailor Park Boys either. I think its pointless and if I wanted to see a bunch of Douch bags talk about fuck all I would just go to a real trailor park.
I love Corner Gas & think its currently & probally the best TV show that Canada has ever produced. I loved season 1 of Robson Arms but when the show finally! came back a year & 1/2 later it completely sucked the big one.
Old 06-21-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ENDContra
So true...you sit through 18 horrible episodes just to watch 4 truly incredible episodes...I guess thats what happens when you try to market a show to comic book geeks and teenage girls at the same time.

It's funny, My buddy and I (who've watched the show since it debuted) were watching the season finale a month or so ago, and they had the most intense, 4-5 minute "previously on" where they basically showed all of the best stuff from the past 6 seasons, and my buddy commented, "Wow, that show looks awesome."

-Doc
Old 06-21-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't watch any of the shows anyone has listed, but I sure am looking forward to the guilty pleasure of Big Brother.
Old 06-21-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Heroes
Prison Break
Nip/Tuck

are the ones I watch that I consider bad, but at least they're fun.
Old 06-21-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As much as I hate all these talent(less) shows, I can't help but watch America's Got Talent. I love a train wreck I guess.
Old 06-21-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
Is 24 being considered bad because of 1 season (6)?

I use to watch HEX on BBC America and somehow managed to sit through the 1st season (10 episodes) and man, that show is really bad. Once they killed off the cute lead actress, the show went down the toilet. I couldn't stomach the 2nd and final season currently airing right now.
Old 06-21-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Is 24 being considered bad because of 1 season (6)?
Not to me. It really isn't any worse than it was three years ago. The writing was just as bad then as it is now. People are just less forgiving/more aware now.
Old 06-21-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hell's Kitchen. My one and only guilty pleasure, on TV that is.
Old 06-21-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
The Closer.
Old 06-21-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
The Closer is not a bad show!! Kyra Sedgwick is awesome in it.
Old 06-21-07, 08:50 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Out of the shows that are on right now, I'm still watching Painkiller Jane. The show is still terrible, with only very minor improvements since the pilot. It's really not even a fun kind of bad. Yet I still watch it. I also have the last 3 episodes of Hex sitting on the dvr. Knowing that there's only 5 or so episodes left in the series, I'd like to finish it, but I just don't know if I can stomach it.
Old 06-24-07, 03:36 PM

The Dead Zone for me, at least I was until earlier today when I saw the series finale, I mean season opener. Christ, last season, the last two episodes really got their act together and made me want this season 6. So what do they do, season opener they have an
Spoiler:
unexpected death, a main character moves away, and they wrap up all the Armageddon mythology.

And that's just in 5 freakin minutes. And it looks like next week, they're rebooting the series and having a mystery of the week kind of thing for the rest of the season. Talk about a kick in the balls.