Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen "Day 3" 6/18/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Hell's Kitchen "Day 3" 6/18/07

So I'm deciding to take the initiative and start an episode 3 thread otherwise the season premiere thread is going to get way too large and noone is going to read past comments.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The teams prepare breakfast for men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces dining in the kitchen; one contestant falls seriously ill; another chef must leave.
Old 06-18-07, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not really a major issue either way, but since I never got an answer in the other thread, I'll ask again: is there really a need to make this show a "weekly new thread" thing? It's not exactly the most popular of reality programs, and if you get down to it, there's not a lot of discussion on this show when you compare it to the Survivor or The Amazing Race threads.

Doing a search, both Season 1 and 2 of HK had a single thread per season. Like I said, not a big deal, but is there any reason to break tradition?
Old 06-18-07, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do you care? And what do you mean by "not a lot of discussion"? The first two episodes had a combined 131 posts and finished at number 20 in the ratings for the week.

I would rather a weekly Hell's Kitchen thread.
Old 06-18-07, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Doing a search, both Season 1 and 2 of HK had a single thread per season.
Yeah, but if you read the posts after this year's premiere, you'll see a LOT of new viewers joining the fray, many posting along the lines of "how have I not found this show earlier".

This show may not do the sheer numbers of Idol or Survivor or Race, but it's adding rabid viewers on a weekly basis.......

Last edited by Jobronie; 06-18-07 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-18-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
to the new thread! Can't wait to see which "chef" gets a new hole torn by Gordo.
Old 06-18-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I, too, agree that this show needs weekly threads. It helps others to avoid spoilers since there's no real way of knowing when the episode discussion moves to the next. I hope to see Aaron get the boot this week, but I doubt the producers are going to let that happen just yet.
Old 06-18-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, so I'm in the minority. It was an informal poll, to be honest. Let the weekly HK threads commence!
Old 06-18-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's such an odd show. Every episode is virtually identical, but it is still a good watch
Old 06-18-07, 08:47 PM
Banned

How do I put a spoiler button so nobody will see the results?
Old 06-18-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
[spoil er] text [/spoil er]

without the space.
Old 06-18-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
That bitch that took the pasta out of the garbage should have been shown the door. I guess that's no worse then serving bad crab though so they both deserved to go.
Old 06-18-07, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timber
That bitch that took the pasta out of the garbage should have been shown the door. I guess that's no worse then serving bad crab though so they both deserved to go.
True but I have to give major props for
Spoiler:
Jenna's
honesty so I don't think she should go, I am glad that
Spoiler:
Johanna
went, she is a bitch and I am glad that
Spoiler:
Arron
is not coming back
Old 06-18-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kind of stinks that the producers gave a spot to
Spoiler:
Aaron
when they could've given it to someone who really deserved to be there
Old 06-18-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Kind of stinks that the producers gave a spot to
Spoiler:
Aaron
when they could've given it to someone who really deserved to be there
None of these clowns deserve to be there. Funniest moment of the night has to go to one of the guys(I'm not sure which one said it). Melissa was breaking balls about the guys having to peel onions. One of the guys told her to STFU.
Old 06-19-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Regarding Jen: I guess Futurama was correct in that fine dining really is the stuff that is normally thrown out.

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Kind of stinks that the producers gave a spot to Aaron when they could've given it to someone who really deserved to be there
You don't really think Fox hires these people for their "talent," do you? The only talent they care about is fucking up on camera, taking verbal abuse and acting like a general idiot.
Old 06-19-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
None of these clowns deserve to be there. Funniest moment of the night has to go to one of the guys(I'm not sure which one said it). Melissa was breaking balls about the guys having to peel onions. One of the guys told her to STFU.
That was funny. I'm pretty sure it was Rock who told her to STFU.
Old 06-19-07, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
How does someone willing to pull food out of a trash get to stay on a show like this? I mean WTF is up with that? Not that she would do it again, but that she would think it's ok says a lot about her way of breaking under pressure. Maybe that's why they kept her. They see the potential "Dramatic breakdown" coming and that want it on camera.

It's good to see Gordon saw that the short order girl has potential. I don't think she'll make it to the end, but she has something raw in her. Hell, stick her in a proper cooking school for a few years so she can learn the essentials and who knows what she'll become.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 06-19-07 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-19-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GreenVulture

You don't really think Fox hires these people for their "talent," do you? The only talent they care about is fucking up on camera, taking verbal abuse and acting like a general idiot.

Good point
Old 06-19-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Brad your sinking the navy you fuckhead!"
Old 06-19-07, 08:54 AM

"You've just shown yourself to be completely untrustworthy, so FUCK you!" He's got the best shots, I'm tellin you..
Old 06-19-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was that the first time they showed a promo for Kitchen Nightmares?
Old 06-19-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Was that the first time they showed a promo for Kitchen Nightmares?
That's the first time that I ever saw the commercial. My guess for Aaron is that he's diabetic. I do believe that I spotted an insulin pump on his belt when he fell down. Diabetics are also prone to cramping. The stress probably got his blood sugar all out of whack. Hopefully he's doing better now that he is out of that pressure cooker.
Old 06-19-07, 09:21 AM

Jen should have been gone too.

She needed to speak up and I'm glad she did. If she would have won, and then Ramsey had reviewed those tapes, that might have not been good for her.

Even if she did win, I don't know if I could ever eat at her place knowing what she did. Yes, ignorance is bliss, and there are probably worse things that happen when I go into a restaurant, but to see it, on TV nonetheless, just made me a bit queasy.

Good riddance, Joanna.
Old 06-19-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am glad Joanna is gone. She's so friggin ghetto like. I was like WTF when the girls gang up on Julia. Why would you pick her when Ramsey complimented her a few times that day?

There's no one I like this season, but if I have to pick, I will go with Julia.
Old 06-19-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Very good episode......I was actually curious what might be Aaron's ailment after seeing him check into the hospital. I'm glad he's okay, but he should have never joined the show knowing the shit he was getting into and how the stresses could have affected his condition.

As far as I'm concerned Jen and Joanna should have been let go. Picking food out of the trash is disgusting and unacceptable as well as using rotten crab. Joanna was acting like some sort of kitchen diva and obviously she just didn't click with Ramsay...Good riddance Beotch!

There's not many people that I like right now but if I had to choose I would say Melissa and Rock are early favorites.

That was a nice little teaser for Kitchen Nightmares, I'm looking forward to seeing Gordon in the fall as well......BTW, someone here mentioned last week that BBC America was running a new season of the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares....incorrect. Every episode so far has been a re-run.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-19-07 at 12:01 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.