Reload this Page >

The Sopranos ....the Unresolved Issues

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-11-07, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Figured I'd start up a thread so everyone can list all the unresolved issues throughout the series and maybe speculate.
2 off the top of my head are the "going in pity about yourself" note that was left on Tony's hospital wall and the retired cop Tony told Christopher to kill claiming he killed his father when he apparently did not.
Old 06-11-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two obvious ones:

--The Russian
--Carm finding out about Adriana.
Old 06-11-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

carm never found out about adriana
Old 06-11-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Sil gonna live or die?
Old 06-11-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While interesting to explore - isn't this topic a little TOO broad to discuss? I mean there are TONS of things left "unresolved" if you go back to the beginning of the series (for instance - Janice's son Harpo or Finn's disappearance? ). I mean every other episode has at least one thing that isn't followed up. Like life, the events on the show were never going to wrap up in a nice, tidy fashion.
Old 06-11-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
What happened at the end of the episode.
Old 06-11-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Exactly.
Old 06-11-07, 09:09 AM
Banned

Does Paulie whack the cat?

Or does the cat whack him?

I got 2 G's riding on the cat.

Last edited by creekdipper; 06-11-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-11-07, 09:19 AM
Suspended

David Chase tricked 28 million people into bending over while he pumped away. Oh, and he got them to pay him for it, too.
Old 06-11-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Dignam
David Chase tricked 28 million people into bending over while he pumped away. Oh, and he got them to pay him for it, too.
Oh, jeez. How many times are people going to post something like this? I picked up HBO again for the Sopranos but in doing so, I've came to like Entourage. Even with this ending (although I didn't mind it too much), the other episodes this season were good and with Entourage (plus a slew of new shows), I consider it money well spent.
Old 06-11-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dignam
David Chase and George Lucas are now living in carnal sin in an underground bunker somewhere in Utah, counting the millions they've earned while gangbanging our childhoods.
Old 06-11-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
David Chase and George Lucas are now living in carnal sin in an underground bunker somewhere in Utah, counting the millions they've earned while gangbanging our childhoods.
Except in this scenario, instead of Lucas shooting his load first, it's both of them simultaneously.

If you had told me when I woke up this morning that I would compare the Greedo and Han scene to a finishing move in an underground bunker populated by Lucas and Chase, I would have said hard cheese. Bravo Dave!!
Old 06-11-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Except in this scenario, instead of Lucas shooting his load first, it's both of them simultaneously.

If you had told me when I woke up this morning that I would compare the Greedo and Han scene to a finishing move in an underground bunker populated by Lucas and Chase, I would have said hard cheese. Bravo Dave!!
Old 06-11-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
David Chase shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as George Lucas. Chase writes for adults and, as we know, Lucas can't write to save his ass.
Old 06-12-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can you guys knock it off with the "we hate the ending" threadcaps (unless it's in a thread about the ending)? Seriously, we get it, you didn't like it and we're all Chase worshippers for appreciating the artistry of it. Cripes.

Here's my contribution: the significance of the dream beacon/Vegas sunrise ("I get it!").
Old 06-12-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
carm never found out about adriana
Carmela is fully aware that Tony and Chris were responsible for Adriana's death. Or at the very least, she has a big inkling that they were behind killing her.

But the show has pointed out several times that Carmela lives in deep denial about her husband's life and the dirty work he has to do, so she can maintain the lifestyle she has grown accustomed to, and to also continue funding of her real estate prospects. She blindly accepts their "she ran away" excuse, even though anyone with half a brain could see right away that that explanation is utter bullshit.

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Here's my contribution: the significance of the dream beacon/Vegas sunrise ("I get it!").
Seriously. Enough about the ending; several weeks later and I still can't figure out what Tony meant what he said that. Same goes for the beacon.