DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Sopranos ....the Unresolved Issues (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/503158-sopranos-unresolved-issues.html)

JZ1276 06-11-07 12:51 AM

The Sopranos ....the Unresolved Issues

Figured I'd start up a thread so everyone can list all the unresolved issues throughout the series and maybe speculate.
2 off the top of my head are the "going in pity about yourself" note that was left on Tony's hospital wall and the retired cop Tony told Christopher to kill claiming he killed his father when he apparently did not.

Chew 06-11-07 06:43 AM

Two obvious ones:

--The Russian
--Carm finding out about Adriana.

raven56706 06-11-07 06:59 AM

carm never found out about adriana

Patrick G 06-11-07 08:27 AM

Is Sil gonna live or die?

rfduncan 06-11-07 08:37 AM

While interesting to explore - isn't this topic a little TOO broad to discuss? I mean there are TONS of things left "unresolved" if you go back to the beginning of the series (for instance - Janice's son Harpo or Finn's disappearance? ). I mean every other episode has at least one thing that isn't followed up. Like life, the events on the show were never going to wrap up in a nice, tidy fashion.

DVD Josh 06-11-07 08:44 AM

What happened at the end of the episode.

Fielding Mellish 06-11-07 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh

Exactly.

creekdipper 06-11-07 09:09 AM

Does Paulie whack the cat?

Or does the cat whack him?

I got 2 G's riding on the cat.

Dignam 06-11-07 09:19 AM

David Chase tricked 28 million people into bending over while he pumped away. Oh, and he got them to pay him for it, too.

TheMovieman 06-11-07 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dignam
David Chase tricked 28 million people into bending over while he pumped away. Oh, and he got them to pay him for it, too.

Oh, jeez. How many times are people going to post something like this? I picked up HBO again for the Sopranos but in doing so, I've came to like Entourage. Even with this ending (although I didn't mind it too much), the other episodes this season were good and with Entourage (plus a slew of new shows), I consider it money well spent.

DeputyDave 06-11-07 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dignam

David Chase and George Lucas are now living in carnal sin in an underground bunker somewhere in Utah, counting the millions they've earned while gangbanging our childhoods.

DVD Josh 06-11-07 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
David Chase and George Lucas are now living in carnal sin in an underground bunker somewhere in Utah, counting the millions they've earned while gangbanging our childhoods.

Except in this scenario, instead of Lucas shooting his load first, it's both of them simultaneously.

If you had told me when I woke up this morning that I would compare the Greedo and Han scene to a finishing move in an underground bunker populated by Lucas and Chase, I would have said hard cheese. Bravo Dave!!

DeputyDave 06-11-07 04:52 PM

Except in this scenario, instead of Lucas shooting his load first, it's both of them simultaneously.

If you had told me when I woke up this morning that I would compare the Greedo and Han scene to a finishing move in an underground bunker populated by Lucas and Chase, I would have said hard cheese. Bravo Dave!!

:lol: :up:

Shannon Nutt 06-11-07 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave

David Chase shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as George Lucas. Chase writes for adults and, as we know, Lucas can't write to save his ass.

Numanoid 06-12-07 05:11 PM

Can you guys knock it off with the "we hate the ending" threadcaps (unless it's in a thread about the ending)? Seriously, we get it, you didn't like it and we're all Chase worshippers for appreciating the artistry of it. Cripes.

Here's my contribution: the significance of the dream beacon/Vegas sunrise ("I get it!").

GreenVulture 06-12-07 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706
carm never found out about adriana

Carmela is fully aware that Tony and Chris were responsible for Adriana's death. Or at the very least, she has a big inkling that they were behind killing her.

But the show has pointed out several times that Carmela lives in deep denial about her husband's life and the dirty work he has to do, so she can maintain the lifestyle she has grown accustomed to, and to also continue funding of her real estate prospects. She blindly accepts their "she ran away" excuse, even though anyone with half a brain could see right away that that explanation is utter bullshit.

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Here's my contribution: the significance of the dream beacon/Vegas sunrise ("I get it!").

Seriously. Enough about the ending; several weeks later and I still can't figure out what Tony meant what he said that. Same goes for the beacon.