Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Cablevision DVR Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Cablevision DVR Question

I tried bumping a thread in other to ask this, but no one responded. I assume it will get more replies here since it is the TV forum.

I have another question about the Cablevision DVR. Is there a bookmarking feature at all? It never remembers my spot if I can't finish a show in one sitting. If I leave it paused eventually it just starts playing again while I'm out. If I stop it, it starts from the beginning later. Sometimes I have had the "play from current location option" but it doesn't always come up.

Tivo would simply remember where I left off, and if I hit play it would bring me back there. Does Cablevision have anything similar or if I record a 2.5 hour movie and need to watch it in 3 or 4 settings I have to FF each and every single damn time.
Old 05-31-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nobody knows what I'm talking about?
Old 05-31-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I know what you are talking about - and I find it fustrating as hell

I have tried everything stoping the show then hiting "last" or "exit" but nothing seems to work. Everytime I go back I have to FF to the spot I left off at.

I would call Cablevision - but It will be a 1hr phone call before we could talk to someone with a brain.
Old 05-31-07, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which version of the box do you have?

I have the latest (?) Motorola box and it picks up on every program where we left it

the only issue I sometimes, when it begins recording a program that we are not watching (dual tuner) it'll "slow down" the other options, and after it is recording for a few minutes it goes back to normal
Old 05-31-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll have to check what version I have when I get home. What version is the newest? I would hate to switch it out after having recorded so many programs. Then I have to set my "passes" again.
Old 05-31-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Please post the box and firmware version of your box swankywanky

Also how do you stop your shows and go back to live tv ?

Do you pause? then hit live TV? or hit Last?

Thanks
Old 05-31-07, 12:43 PM
Cool New Member

When I want to stop watching I just switched to another channel. If I want to continue I go to channel 1000 (the dvr channel). The program show up as paused and I can just continue where I left off. If I press the DVR button to go back and select the show from the list the show starts back at the beginning. I have the Samsung box from Cablevision.
Old 05-31-07, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So really, it can only bookmark one show at a time like that. Because if I change the channel and then want to watch another show, that last bookmark is gone. However I think Swanky may have a box that doesn't make you switch channels to save your spot.

I think that what oros mentions is how I had somehow saved my spot before though.
Old 05-31-07, 01:19 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by oros
When I want to stop watching I just switched to another channel. If I want to continue I go to channel 1000 (the dvr channel). The program show up as paused and I can just continue where I left off. If I press the DVR button to go back and select the show from the list the show starts back at the beginning. I have the Samsung box from Cablevision.
Thats what I do and it works all the time.
Old 05-31-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok
Thats what I do and it works all the time.
I'll use that for now, but I really wish there was an easier resume feature. Also, it still limits you to one bookmark at a time.