Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rosie vs. Elizabeth Hasselbach

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
AP is now reporting that Hasselbeck called O'Donnell after their on-screen face-off, but was only able to reach Kelli, O'Donnell's female companion. O'Donnell says she didn't speak to her and "probably won't."
Honestly, I think that tells you all you need to know about Rosie O'Donnell.
Old 05-28-07, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somewhere Donald Trump is smiling and popping corks out of champagne bottles and elsewhere Star Jones is screaming, "WHY???????"
Old 05-28-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

na na nananana, hey hey good bye!
Old 05-28-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
O'Reilly shouts down anyone who makes a good point against him (or cuts their mike)
Not true at all. Try watching the show instead of reading far left blogs about it.

He'll cut off people who are going OFF TOPIC because many people who come on the show will come on to get their political agenda across and not answer specific questions that are asked. If they stay on topic, they're totally allowed to get their point across. There's a limited amount of time during the show and he's just trying to make sure guests don't spend that limited time changing the subject.
Old 05-28-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I am concerned that there is anyone out there that for one second thinks that our government could plan and sanction the killing of 5,000 innocent Americans.
Yeah. Think of all the tax revenue that would be lost throughout the years! They probably had another 20-30 years of working and were paid high salaries. That's quite a bit of money the government lost out on by supposedly killing their own citizens. Makes no sense.
Old 05-29-07, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said noderforamonth !!
Old 05-29-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Yeah. Think of all the tax revenue that would be lost throughout the years! They probably had another 20-30 years of working and were paid high salaries. That's quite a bit of money the government lost out on by supposedly killing their own citizens. Makes no sense.
I do not believe any of the conspiracy theories, but to use that as a counterargument seems absolutely ridiculous. You think that those 5,000 people would even make a dent in the overall amount of tax revenue received?
Old 05-29-07, 01:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I am in awe of Elizabeth Hasselbeck's talent. Its off the charts.

Old 05-29-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
I am in awe of Elizabeth Hasselbeck's talent. Its off the charts.

Old 05-30-07, 12:59 AM

This show is going to fad into obscurity again if they don't do something about this casting problem.

O'Donnell -- love her or hate her -- brought the show more controversy and attention in the last year than it's probably ever had.

Roseanne Barr and Anne Coulter might be good replacements for the two open seats (they never filled Star's seat from last year yet; supposedly, Rosie took over for Meredith.) However, O'Donnell and Culter for the 11th season would have been gold.

The show needs a few good replacements. Behar and Hasselback aren't enough power to keep this show alive, imo. I happened to catch today's show and the dullness is already setting in.
Old 05-30-07, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't think of anyone that would be able to salvage the View now. We'll have to see who they actually pick, but I see a huge ratings drop in the future.
Old 05-30-07, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
Why not I see you've already enjoyed yours

LOLZZZZZ. What a weak comeback.
Old 05-30-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
However, O'Donnell and Culter for the 11th season would have been gold.
I just can't get into that man on man action, but if that's your thing....
Old 05-31-07, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
Who will replace Rosie? The View is new tomorrow isn't it?

I didn't see the show but I saw a clip of Whoopi with the group.

I can see many people take their politics personally.
Old 05-31-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thebunk
LOLZZZZZ. What a weak comeback.

Just pointing out both sides have their own flavor of Kool Aid, Fox isn't part of some right wing conspiracy but it isn't even close to "Fair and Balanced".
Old 06-05-07, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From WENN Celebrity News

TV host Rosie O'Donnell has branded the on-air feud that caused her to quit talk show The View a "publicity stunt." The star's war of words with fellow presenter Elisabeth Hasselbeck over differing political views last month led to O'Donnell leaving the show - but she now insists the dramatic row was purposely incited, according to the New York Daily News. Speaking at the launch for her new book Celebrity Detox, she told the audience her publicist "orchestrated that whole publicity thing just to get more attention for the book ... brazenly calling up the other hosts, telling them to incite me." O'Donnell had already chosen to leave the series when her year-long contract expired this month, but left The View three weeks early, on May 25.
Old 06-05-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I wonder if, in addition to her depression meds, she should be taking something for paranoia. She whips up lame conspiracy theories for just about everything these days.

(She reminds me of a guy who rents a room from me. Loud, gregarious, popular, about half as smart as he thinks, and always feuding with two or three people. Never talks about anything but gossip between his friends & enemies... who's backstabbing him, talking behind his back, etc... So much drama.)

Last edited by adamblast; 06-05-07 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-05-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ayre
From WENN Celebrity News

TV host Rosie O'Donnell has branded the on-air feud that caused her to quit talk show The View a "publicity stunt." The star's war of words with fellow presenter Elisabeth Hasselbeck over differing political views last month led to O'Donnell leaving the show - but she now insists the dramatic row was purposely incited, according to the New York Daily News. Speaking at the launch for her new book Celebrity Detox, she told the audience her publicist "orchestrated that whole publicity thing just to get more attention for the book ... brazenly calling up the other hosts, telling them to incite me." O'Donnell had already chosen to leave the series when her year-long contract expired this month, but left The View three weeks early, on May 25.

i call bullcrap.... she looked bad in the whole thing and now she wants to lie... big deal....