Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars *Series? Finale* -- "The Bitch Is Back" -- 05/22/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvd182
There was talk of getting a campaign going to send Mars bars to Dawn Ostroff, I'm guessing this is a reference to that.
I'm pretty sure that was started by the company selling the Mars Bars on Amazon.

The problem with pulling something like this right after the Jericho nuts fiasco is that you need to meet or exceed their effort, otherwise this comes off as a lame knock-off.
Old 06-07-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And since this doesn't seem organized, it does indeed seem to be a lame knockoff.
Old 06-12-07, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
From the series creator Rob Thomas: "Veronica Mars is now officially dead."

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...sDate=12345678
Old 06-12-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Eh, sucks. But again, I give CW alot of credit for airing the entire 3rd season after those abysmal ratings. I'll be supporting the show with a dvd purchase.
Old 06-12-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On Aint-it-Cool there's a story about how the 4th season will likely be in comic book form.
Old 06-13-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I watched the final 5 episodes of the show together with my wife. After half a year of her making fun of me for watching a show about a high schooler or only watching it because of Kristen Bell, she finally got what was so great about it. She went back and watched the first season in 3 days, the 2nd season in 4 days and finished the 3rd in about a week. She now claims it might be her favorite show of all time and I now I can give her crap for doubting my taste

I guess we'll be hoping for a feature film but I just don't see it happening. VM was great while it lasted!
Old 07-02-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm definately in the minority here, but personally I'm glad the show is gone. Don't get my wrong, I loved this show and thought it was one of the most amazing series on TV... in Season 1. But after Season 3 the show got so hit or miss, something needed to be fixed, and while I would have been very interested in VERONICA FBI... I'm glad the show was able to go out on a high note, with minimal cliffhangers...
Old 08-10-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you think Kristen Bell is glad the show was not picked up ?

She now has the fame, and does not need to work insane hours at a low paying tv gig.

Last edited by wearetheborg; 08-13-07 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-10-07, 06:20 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
She was on Craig Ferguson last night and seemed to really miss it. But she just finished A Judd Apatow movie in Hawaii which she enjoyed.
Old 08-10-07, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by g
She was on Craig Ferguson last night and seemed to really miss it. But she just finished A Judd Apatow movie in Hawaii which she enjoyed.
She has said numerous times that she misses the show but is very excited to see what lays within her future. I personally think that 'Veronica Mars' was a spring-board for her and if she plays her cards right she could really take advantage of her talents. Before VM, she was unknown, but now she's in the public eye and a semi sought-after actress. As much as i would love to see her on a regular weekly basis again, I personally think she is missing the boat by going into another series ("Lost") instead of making a few movies for the next year or so...
Old 08-12-07, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
As much as i would love to see her on a regular weekly basis again, I personally think she is missing the boat by going into another series ("Lost") instead of making a few movies for the next year or so...
She won't be in "Lost". She declined because she did not want to move to Hawaii.
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Bell/800020200
Old 03-10-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Just finished season 3 on DVD. Started with season one in Feb. Ran through all three seasons rather quick. I can't believe I missed this show. From the tone of this thread though sounds like people have issues with season 3, which I probably would have had if I were watching it weekly. While not as strong as season 1 or 2, it was still a great ride. Probably better served watching them consecutively on DVD.

VM: FBI? Just watched that on the DVD as well. That would have been awesome. Did a comic ever happen or was that just fans' pipe dreams?

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Since this show is over and we are very unlikely to get another Soundtrack, does anyone know where I might be able to get the season 3 theme?
This was never answered and I was wondering the same thing. I tried searching earlier today but came up empty. Anyone?
Old 03-10-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Just finished season 3 on DVD. Started with season one in Feb. Ran through all three seasons rather quick. I can't believe I missed this show. From the tone of this thread though sounds like people have issues with season 3, which I probably would have had if I were watching it weekly. While not as strong as season 1 or 2, it was still a great ride. Probably better served watching them consecutively on DVD.

VM: FBI? Just watched that on the DVD as well. That would have been awesome. Did a comic ever happen or was that just fans' pipe dreams?

This was never answered and I was wondering the same thing. I tried searching earlier today but came up empty. Anyone?
Since the show was over and a soundtrack is unlikely I popped the DVD into my computer ages ago and ripped the theme from the final season. It was a bold move to change the song and it took a few times hearing it before it grew on me but I love it now.
Old 03-10-08, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone wasn't aware (and needed more Bell), here's the red band trailer for her new Judd Apatow produced flick 'forgetting sarah marshall' nsfw
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RzbuIE4LZM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RzbuIE4LZM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 03-10-08, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Since the show was over and a soundtrack is unlikely I popped the DVD into my computer ages ago and ripped the theme from the final season. It was a bold move to change the song and it took a few times hearing it before it grew on me but I love it now.
Same here. It definitely threw me for a loop but easily grew on me after a few episodes. I was kinda hoping there was a full version out there. iTunes has the original cut, but not the remix.
Old 03-10-08, 08:52 AM

Same here. I just finished season 3 this past weekend after picking up all 3 seasons on amazon. Really happy to have discovered it on DVD but wish there had been a season 4. Agree with what you said about season 3 holding up pretty well when watching on DVD, especially the rape story arc. One thing is for sure in my mind, the writers of VM handled the transition fom high school to university much better than the writers of Buffy did.
Old 03-18-08, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I think a few of us must've blind bought the series from those recent Amazon sales. I just finished up Season 3 tonight, after starting at the beginning a few weeks ago. I agree: while order of best to worst is 1>2>3, season 3 is still very worthwhile.

I think it was hard to top the season-long arcs of the first 2 seasons. Keeping the cast mostly intact was a good thing (I don't think losing Duncan was much of a loss). Parker and Piz seemed like good additions, along with more Mac. But season 3 seemed to have everyone but Veronica disappear for long stretches. I think some episodes might have been too "busy" (plot-wise), and others were a bit too message-heavy.

Then there's the "Mean Veronica" issue, which the creators do a nice response to on the DVD extras. I understand the complaint. In season 1, we understand the cynicism - Veronica went overnight from popular to outcast, along with her father's public failure, her mother walking out, her best friend getting murdered, her boyfriend inexplicably dumping her, her rape, and 99% of the students suddenly treating her like shit. Yeah, she completely earned any bitchiness. But in season 3, we see Veronica repeatedly unleash her attitude on people who don't seem to deserve it. The worst example for me was her first criminology class, where she's extremely obnoxious and condescending in doing a class assignment. It's like she went out of her way to make all the students and TA absolutely hate her. But for the whole season, it wasn't really that big a deal for me. I like that Veronica is presented as a flawed individual. She can be obnoxious, sometimes treats her friends as resources with no regard for their well-being, can be crazy-jealous, and seems opposed to her dad ever being with another woman for the rest of his life. But that's part of the package.

I can't say I liked the FBI pilot snippet. But to be fair, Rob Thomas explained that they did the whole thing in about 10 days (from concept to having the finished product in the can). You can't blame him for trying anything to keep the show going.
Old 03-19-08, 09:58 PM

i miss this show
Old 03-19-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
But season 3 seemed to have everyone but Veronica disappear for long stretches.
That was pretty much because the budget got slashed, so some of the characters had to lay low for a while.

This only gets 3 seasons, but According to Jim may be coming back for a 10th season? Cruel, cruel world we live in.
Old 03-20-08, 12:12 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
But season 3 seemed to have everyone but Veronica disappear for long stretches.
As one of the people who caught the series on DVD after it was over, that was the only big problem I had with S3; having main characters drop off the face of the earth for long stretches was odd, and kinda hurt the flow a bit.

I didn't know "Mean Veronica" was even an issue until I watched the special features on S3. She didn't seem overly or inexplicably mean to me while I was watching, but I guess it was a big problem for a lot of people.

As others have said, maybe S3 works better watched consecutively on DVD; while it was probably the weakest season, I still thought it was great.
Old 04-13-08, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm about a year behind but after hearing some word of mouth about the show I decided to rent the first three seasons. I watched the entire series in about 3 weeks. I was/am hooked. Incredible show. I was into it right from the beginning.

Season one was easily the best. One of the best stand alone seasons of any TV show I've seen. Season two didn't measure up to season one but was great in its own right. Season three was missing the big season long story arc but was still enjoyable.

I have nothing specific to say about the show as a whole except that Logan was far and away the best character on the show. Veronica was great but Logan was better. Go ahead, call me crazy. He was the perfect bad ass trying to be good, but failing. I'm surprised that he and Veronica didn't end up together at the end. It seemed like the logical conclusion and if the show was given a proper finale I'm sure that it would have ended in that way. Also, because Piz was a tool.

I am a little disappointed in the direction Logan went in season 3. He was kind of a pussy for most of the season, but it was easy to relate with it so I didn't mind it so much. He showed shades of season 1 and 2 Logan when he smashed the cop car so he could go to jail and beat the rapists and when he beat the shit out of Piz and the other guy. Those three scenes are easily my favorite from season 3.

Dick had me rolling he was on screen. I used to wonder why someone named Richard would insist on calling himself Dick. After seeing the personality of the character on the show I realized why. I loved the random "dick" jokes. "Both chicks are gonna come to the party and get some DICK." Part of me wishes they fleshed out his character hating himself over what happened to Beaver. The other part of me wishes that it had never came up and that Dick would always just be the comic relief.

I haven't watched an episode of the show in about 30 minutes and I'm already excited to go back and revisit the show from season one. I'm going to take a few months off and wait for a good sale to pick up the DVD's and start all over again.
Old 03-13-13, 10:10 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: Veronica Mars *Series? Finale* -- "The Bitch Is Back" -- 05/22/07

THE BITCH IS BACK!!!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ject?ref=email

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

In the spring of next year, the Veronica Mars faithful could be watching their beloved heroine (plus her pals Wallace and Mac, bad-boy ex Logan, proud P.I. pops Keith, and more) on the big screen — as long as they kick in a few bucks right now to get things started. Today, Thomas and Bell are launching a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a low-budget Mars movie that would be shot this summer. The goal: $2 million in 30 days. If they reach it, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution has agreed to put the movie into production and pick up the tab for marketing, promotion, and distribution. (The film would be released in the first quarter of 2014 for a limited-time theatrical run, before moving to VOD, iTunes, and other digital platforms.) If they don’t reach the goal: No movie.
Thomas tells EW in an exclusive joint interview with Bell that the Kickstarter strategy represents the only way a Veronica Mars movie was ever going to get made: Warner Bros. had previously determined that a film with a bigger budget and a conventional marketing plan was too expensive and not viable for the studio. Thomas and Bell are confident that fans of the show will rally to the cause — especially since they’re offering an array of rewards packages for pledges as low as $10 (updates during production and a copy of the script on the day of release) and as high as $10,000 (a part in the movie).

Last edited by dex14; 03-13-13 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-13-13, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Interesting! I'm in for the Blu-ray.

Ok, and maybe the signed poster.
Old 03-13-13, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's been so long since I watched this show that I barely remembered the characters, besides Veronica Mars. But it was at one time my favorite show on TV, so I backed it for $100.

In the time since I saw this post and when I backed it (about 20 minutes) it went from about $50,000 to over $100,000. I was something like backer 1000 and now it's closing in on 2000. Insanity.
Old 03-13-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I have a hard time believing Wallace wasn't around to play a part in that... I think the last time I saw him was a Pop Tart commercial or something like that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.