Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars *Series? Finale* -- "The Bitch Is Back" -- 05/22/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These were the two best episodes they've aired this season. Such a shame, but at least it went out with some episodes that rival the best of S1. We'll miss you Veronica!

Old 05-23-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by esc24
Really liked the finale a lot and won't be too disappointed if this was it since it didn't end with that many loose ends.
Except for Keith most likely being arrested for destroying evidence...
Old 05-23-07, 12:58 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"This wetsuit is like a cheap hotel, no ball room"

Good finale, though the Keith cliffhanger sucked.
Old 05-23-07, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara

You're kidding? That was the Ronnie I fell in love with back in Season 1 -- a vindictive, amoral, one-woman revenge machine. The moment she told Weevil that she'd be needing his help, I knew something good was coming. I'm only disappointed that she didn't throw the sex-tape in Jake's face.

Too bad even if we get Veronica of the FBI, we won't be getting more Keith -- I'd really like to see him and Leo as PIs.
I agree. This is the Veronica I love. Sneaky, witty and able to get revenge against better than anyone.

Enjoyable episodde. Great dialogue and a something for everyone to do which was nice.
Sad to see it end.

I really hope the Season 3 Boxset includes the FBI pilot. As much as I love VM, I think we wont be seeing her again next season :-(
A complete pilot was not filmed.
Old 05-23-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hated how the final episode ended, but what can you do.
Old 05-23-07, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Hated how the final episode ended, but what can you do.
yes the final 2 episodes were great but keith being the only one getting screwed sucked.

it wasn't too late, she could have blackmailed these connected/powerful people into dropping the charges.

or even better would have been if veronica used the blackmail to ensure keith's win over vinnie and she could justify it as payback for releasing her sex tape.
Old 05-23-07, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Am I wrong of did V vote for that other dipshit at the end.

And it was fun....you'll be missed V.
Old 05-23-07, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
For the life of me I do not understand why USA or TNT would not pick up the next season of VM. Especially since tonight had a tonal return to form of the best of VM. Season 1 will remain one of the best years of any show ever. I will miss her.
Old 05-23-07, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These were two great episodes. I would expect Keith to somehow get out of trouble.

So we will never know why the "sex" tape was made, or who, ultimately, was behind it, or are we just to assume that it was Jake Kane?
Old 05-23-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
So we will never know why the "sex" tape was made, or who, ultimately, was behind it, or are we just to assume that it was Jake Kane?
It was the connected guy from The Castle. He was monitoring Wallace and just happened to stumble upon Veronica and Piz fooling around. He distributed the video from there.
Old 05-23-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
It was the connected guy from The Castle. He was monitoring Wallace and just happened to stumble upon Veronica and Piz fooling around. He distributed the video from there.
I understood that part, I just don't get his motivation to do so?

If this was the season finale, I would've been completely OK with how it ended. With the show being almost completely dead, not so much.
Old 05-23-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

His motivation to do so? He's a jackass who felt like it was the cool thing to do.
Old 05-23-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Funniest part was Dick being apologetic to Mac, then smoothly moving in for a kiss, which she deflected. I would like to have seen more of Dick being human this season.

I didn't see Kyle Secor's name in the credits, so I was surprised when Veronica stumbled upon the painting of Lily Kane.
Old 05-23-07, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad my CW station couldn't be bothered to show either episode in HD.
Old 05-23-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, these last 2 episodes just pissed me off... That was straight up S1 style and there are no more. Oh well, 3 years is better than none.

Did anyone else have audio issues with their HD feed? Mine cut out a few times in the first episode and once in the 2nd. I did dvr it so that might have been the issue, but I thought I wasnt going to be able to finish there for a minute.
Old 05-23-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
OK, I didn't put that together. Thanks, it makes sense now.
Old 05-23-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Well, I'm happy to see the show go out of two great episodes (shades of S1 abound). But I have to say that far and away the best part was Logan beating up Pizz.
Anyhow, I'm appreciative that the CW ran this show the whole season...any other network would've pulled the plug long ago.

As for the cliffhanger, maybe Rob will do some type of comic book continuance via Firefly or Buffy. Or at least tell us what will happen.

And they need to put Logan on 24. Him and Jack Bauer would make a bad ass team.
Old 05-23-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Am I wrong of did V vote for that other dipshit at the end.
You are wrong. She unquestionably voted for Keith. No matter who was running against Vinnie, do you honestly think after what he said on the radio about her that she'd vote for him.

I thought it was a nice touch having Veronica walk down the street at the end to "It Never Rains In Southern California."

These last two episodes were so funny - Veronica and Mac standing in line with their fro-yo yapping like school girls - "Oh, my GOD! I'm a girl!" And Veronica in the 2nd episode with everyone staring at her - "What are we back in high school again?" Both were pretty classic Veronica Mars in the first season style with her coming to rescue one of the lower income kids from the spoiled rich kids ("Weevils Wobble But They Don't Go Down") and then trying to restore her reputation ("The Bitch Is Back" - indeed!). Also nice that the supercomputer comes in in the first one and is used in the second.

Jake Kane is just such an ass. Of course being part of The Castle, we now have a better idea why.

Last edited by rfduncan; 05-23-07 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
"This wetsuit is like a cheap hotel, no ball room"

"That's what she said"

Dick was comedy gold.
Old 05-23-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While the eps were good, I for one, was more than a bit pissed off. They hardly wrapped anything up for the season, and left way too many cliffhangers. As someone else said, this would have been (mostly) ok if it was just a season finale - but since they knew, in all likely hood that this was going to be the series finale, that could/should have done a better job of tying up the loose ends. I just felt like there should be at least one more episode, as too many issues were left unresolved for a VM season ending show.

And correct me if I'm wrong about this, but shouldn't what Kieth did with trying to use the speaker magnet to destroy the evidence on the DVR done nothing? It's a digital capture device, not analog. If you wanted to erase an analog source like a magnetic tape, then sure that would have done the job. And since there was also a reference made that Keith was still in an "analog" world, while Veronica was "digital" -I thought for sure that Kieth's efforts would have ended up proving futile. On top of that, There was, that we saw, no clear shot of Veronica's face on the tape. Even though the car was in the area, it would still need to be proved beyond a doubt that it was actually her, and not just someone posing as her trying to set her up.

But, anyway.
Old 05-23-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
And correct me if I'm wrong about this, but shouldn't what Kieth did with trying to use the speaker magnet to destroy the evidence on the DVR done nothing? It's a digital capture device, not analog. If you wanted to erase an analog source like a magnetic tape, then sure that would have done the job.
DVRs record to hard drives which are still magnetic media.
Old 05-23-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
It's a digital capture device, not analog. If you wanted to erase an analog source like a magnetic tape, then sure that would have done the job. And since there was also a reference made that Keith was still in an "analog" world, while Veronica was "digital" -I thought for sure that Kieth's efforts would have ended up proving futile.
Incorrect, you can wipe hard drives using heavy magnets like the one Keith got out of the speaker. Granted it might not have totally WIPED the DVR drive, but it certainly could cause enough serious damage to the operating software and 3 days worth of recording to make it device inadmissable.

Sad thing is Veronica realizes that if she'd just called her Dad as soon as she and Mac cracked Kane's password, she might have saved him from all that.
Old 05-23-07, 10:52 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was glad to see Weevil back in action. I'm really going to miss this show ... especially after these two terrific episodes.
Old 05-23-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
But I have to say that far and away the best part was Logan beating up Pizz.
Old 05-23-07, 11:46 AM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Goodbye V. You went out on a strong note and will be dearly missed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.