Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 10:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
How I Met Your Mother *Season Finale* - "Something Blue" - 5/14/07

"Something Blue"
Spoiler:
At Marshall and Lily's wedding, Barney discovers that Ted and Robin have a secret that they have been hiding for weeks.
Old 05-14-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
"Something Blue"
Spoiler:
At Marshall and Lily's wedding, Barney discovers that Ted and Robin have a secret that they have been hiding for weeks.
Spoiler:
Is this where we find out that T&R have broken up, given that we were told that in one of the earlier episodes? My guess is that they broke up, but didn't tell anyone since they didn't want to put a damper on the wedding festivities.

There is way too much jumping around in this show, and every episode seems to nest a flashback in a flashback, since the whole series is a flashback anyway.

Since it was not renewed yet officially, this episode could potentially have served as a series finale, so that's been worked into the episode as well apparently.

Last edited by movieking; 05-14-07 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-14-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact they were both covered in spagehtti sauce last episode.
Old 05-14-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Spoiler:
Is this where we find out that T&R have broken up, given that we were told that in one of the earlier episodes? My guess is that they broke up, but didn't tell anyone since they didn't want to put a damper on the wedding festivities.
I don't know anything about what happens in the episode, but
Spoiler:
the epsiode title makes me think it may be something else
if you know what I mean.
Old 05-14-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought I read that has officially been renewed and the class has not.
Old 05-14-07, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really thought this was gonna end with Barney yelling at Ted "Why didn't you just tell me you broke up in the first place?! Why do you ALWAYS have to take forever to tell the longest, pointless stories in the world full of irrelevant details when you could just get to the frickin' POINT!!" But, of course, it didn't.

This is, like, what, the third episode in a row they've gone for cute and sweet instead of funny?

The basic premise of this show has passed beyond any level of humor and is now practically an anchor dragging it down. I'm not laughing any more so much as just feeling sorry for his kids.
Old 05-14-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the ending.

I think it was wise to finally get the Robin thing done with. It was going to be difficult to accept anyone else as Ted's one and only if their romance didn't find some sort of resolution quickly.
Old 05-14-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I the only one that dislikes Ted?

I watch the show, but honestly I only watch it because of Barney. I like Robin, but everybody knew that she wasn't going to stick around. I can tolerate Lily and Marshall but their cute "coupleness" really gets on my nerves sometimes. Ted just annoys the Hell out of me constantly. Without Barney I wouldn't even think about watching the show. I actually wish the Barney character would get his own spinoff with some different, more likable supporting characters.
Old 05-14-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I actually really liked the way they ended things with Ted and Robin. It just...fell apart. Very different from the typical knock-down-drag-outs or cheating or leaving-people-at-the-altar-for-no-reason that we usually get on sitcoms. Very mature, very realistic and very sad, all at the same time. I think they both handled it well and it was a good way to move the show forward.

Wasn't the funniest episode they've ever done (that award still goes to "Robin Sparkles") but it wrapped up the season nicely. Glad it's coming back!
Old 05-14-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so if ted and robyn are really done, what is the point of keeping her around? i want to see where they go with this next season. obviously at some point they are going to have to bring in a new female lead to be the kids' mom, but at that point do they just push robyn aside? i wonder if they told cobie smulders at the beginning that it would be a limited time role?
Old 05-14-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
So is Robin off the show now? Or does she live in all those places in the distant future?

I couldn't imagine the show being as good without her, it would be like taking Rachel off of Friends. Just doesn't work.
Old 05-14-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Robin is still part of the gang in the future (Ted refers to Robin as "aunt" Robin, so they still maintain a friendship of sorts, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to keep her on the show in some capacity next season, depending on how her new reporting assignments are structured).
Old 05-14-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JTH182
So is Robin off the show now? Or does she live in all those places in the distant future?

I couldn't imagine the show being as good without her, it would be like taking Rachel off of Friends. Just doesn't work.
I can't imagine the show without her either. But since the story is being told like 20 years in the future, I think they can probably keep her on the cast for as long as the show runs. I imagine the series finale will have her moving to Argentina or what not.
Old 05-14-07, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Am I the only one that dislikes Ted?

I watch the show, but honestly I only watch it because of Barney. I like Robin, but everybody knew that she wasn't going to stick around. I can tolerate Lily and Marshall but their cute "coupleness" really gets on my nerves sometimes. Ted just annoys the Hell out of me constantly. Without Barney I wouldn't even think about watching the show. I actually wish the Barney character would get his own spinoff with some different, more likable supporting characters.

nope a lot of people find him annoying. he's usually the kind of guy who ends up NOT married because of the way he is and most girls would end up breaking it off the way robin did

the basic plot of a dad telling his kids the longest story ever, has gotten very old. the kids should just get up and go ask their mom how they met to get a 1 sentence answer.

i've been staying with this show only because i liked the wedding cake baker episode so much.

anyhow i hope they can do something interesting for season 3. everyone likes robin and the first two season revolved around her, even though she was never to be his wife. now with robin clearly out of the picture i wonder how the show will feel season 3

season 1 = chasing robin
season 2 = being with robin & then breaking up
season 3 = ???

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQgP175JTuY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQgP175JTuY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by her34; 05-15-07 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-15-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Yeah, I guess I forgot she's still "aunt" Robin and probably stays in Ted's life.

I can't wait for season 3 to start off with "...dary"
Old 05-15-07, 01:02 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Barney was great again, rest of the ep was ok.
Old 05-15-07, 04:39 AM

Good news...looks like this episode won't have to serve as a series finale according to this article renewal announcement is expected soon.
Old 05-15-07, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This series needs something like the strings with all of the pictures on Heroes to keep up with all of the flashing ahead and back.
Old 05-15-07, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Ted's a fool once again
should have dropped the issue and kept dating her. who knows she might have changed her mind after some more time

but now that he's single his next 3 girl friends need to be played by (in order) Andrea Barber, Candace Cameron, and then Jodie Sweetin who he marries
Old 05-15-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Robin didn't say she was moving to Argentina right away, did she?

I'm glad the show is being (likely) renewed, although this would've worked as a series finale too.
Old 05-15-07, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't the funniest episode they've ever done (that award still goes to "Robin Sparkles") but it wrapped up the season nicely. Glad it's coming back!
I would agree with you if it wasn't for "Slap Bet".
Old 05-15-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

those episodes are the same. slap bet was the robin sparkles episode.
Old 05-15-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't really enjoyed the last couple of episodes, and this finale didn't really do anything for me either. Drunk Lily was OK. The Robin Sparkles episode was the best this season.

I don't really know if I will return if they get a season 3. I think I may like The Class more now lol... their finale was great. Of course it won't be back anyway.
Old 05-15-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love Cobie Smulders. She better be coming back!
Old 05-15-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I liked the finale, and I agree that the breakup was completely realistic and believable, which doesn't tend to be the trend with sitcoms.

I actually liked the flashback bits and love that they set things up like the spaghetti moment and don't explain them until 4 episodes later.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.