Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos - "Remember When" - 04/22/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Sopranos - "Remember When" - 04/22/07

Putting the picture in spoilers too, for reasons you'll understand if you look at it.
Spoiler:

Looks like we're getting a flashback episode! Always good to see Johnny Boy Soprano.

Spoiler:
This week, with the heat turned up in Jersey, Tony and Paulie head south to cool off. Meanwhile, Junior rekindles some of his old fire in a poker game.

Only six left after this one.
Old 04-22-07, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "I'll take some Sprees" line made my girlfriend choke.
Old 04-22-07, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone else get queezy watching the scene on the boat. Up and down, up and down.
Old 04-22-07, 09:08 PM

Jen Araki my favorite soprano girl ever where she been my life
Old 04-22-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
wow these Sopranos threads get smaller and smaller every week looks like the show lost alot of viewers.
Old 04-22-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Nah people are still watching Entourage up until 10 minutes ago.

I liked it - not the best episode, but a lot of development.

That last scene with Paulie and Tony on the boat was some tense shit. And hey, there was some killing to satisfy the mob war hounds. Win-win!
Old 04-22-07, 09:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I loved the old photo's they were excellent, looks like tony is done living in the past, and is ready to make some choices, he was testing paulie on the boat, and I think paulie passed.

But he is such a fucking stupid big mouth, the end were he was dreaming about pussy was great!
Old 04-22-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I must say that I admire Paulie Walnuts' diverse collection of shoes.
Old 04-22-07, 09:57 PM

For a second, I thought Pauly was a goner. He's not going down for sure, if they kill someone, it's going to be a person we care for or least suspect. Pauly was too obvious.
Old 04-22-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
wow these Sopranos threads get smaller and smaller every week looks like the show lost alot of viewers.

If that's the case, they missed a great episode in my eyes. Junior's friend getting a taste of the action, which was a handful of buttons of course, was classic. "You earned it."
Old 04-22-07, 11:40 PM

Ive been a loyal watcher for six seasons, i have to say that was by far the worst eposode ever IMO....The whole thing just felt like "filler". Who care's about junior's wannabe sidekick...
Old 04-22-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW...the timing of the episode with the rage filled asian guy was...

...unfortunate
Old 04-23-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Nah people are still watching Entourage up until 10 minutes ago.
Nah...they were busy watching the Yanks/Sox game.
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
That last scene with Paulie and Tony on the boat was some tense shit. And hey, there was some killing to satisfy the mob war hounds. Win-win!
Exactly.
Old 04-23-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, the Sopranos crew are faster than the South Park crew for current events.
Old 04-23-07, 12:58 AM

This show officially sucks.
Old 04-23-07, 12:58 AM

Since when did Paulie become such a blabbermouth. After 6 seasons seems like the writers decided to make him talk so much just to give Tony a reason to think about killing him. He was never like that before.
Old 04-23-07, 01:22 AM
Banned

I lost it when Paulie was cracking up at Three's Company.

Also, it was great to see Junior in his last days basically being a Boss.

I don't think it'll take much to send T over the edge with Paulie.

I was surprised that Tony was yacking it up with that chick he banged after chastising Paulie for that very thing. She had to be working with the feds with all those questions.
Old 04-23-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Isn't that the first time Tony's cheated on Carm since they got back together, at least that they have shown? Wasn't that kind of glossed over, especially since they made such a big deal out of it when he didn't cheat with that realtor?
Old 04-23-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by cracksky
I was surprised that Tony was yacking it up with that chick he banged after chastising Paulie for that very thing. She had to be working with the feds with all those questions.
That's what I thought, as well.

Pretty tense episode. I knew, as soon as it was pet day, that Corrado would have a 'pussy' cat after getting his ass kicked by the Asian guy.

Interesting how this season has pretty much centered on one character per episode. First, the Bobby show, then the Chris show, and now the Paulie show. Although there has been some pretty important developments and action involving other characters, they have still seemed peripheral to the episodes.
Old 04-23-07, 02:13 AM

the whole Junior storyline was very Cuckoos Nest I thought
Old 04-23-07, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
BTW...the timing of the episode with the rage filled asian guy was...

...unfortunate

Yeah and they were singing a song with "Virginia" in the words when it happened.
Old 04-23-07, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Since when did Paulie become such a blabbermouth. After 6 seasons seems like the writers decided to make him talk so much just to give Tony a reason to think about killing him. He was never like that before.
It was bringing up a loose end in the plot from when Paulie was calling Johnny Sac and giving him the dirt on what was going on in New Jersey. Paulie repeating the jokes about Johnny's wife really caused trouble for Tony in Season 3. I think Chase was thinking about wiping out Paulie at the time and decided differently for some reason (Chase has said he's laid groundwork for killing major characters and then backed away from it).

Of course, Ralphie has been dead, and now Johnny is dead, and it's relatively moot. But it's not about the writers manufacturing a reason for conflict between Tony and Paulie; if they wanted to do that, they'd just have Paulie do something in the first five minutes of the episode to piss Tony off. That doesn't work because Paulie is not the catalyst. Paulie is the same as he's always been, but he's annoying to Tony because of where Tony is in his existential crisis.

If he seems different, it's because Tony is the point of identification and he's seeing Paulie differently. Stuff he wouldn't have noticed is now bothering him. Paulie is a sad old man who knows he's seen his best days, and is living in the past, and that bugs Tony, because Paulie's decline says something to him about his own mortality.
Old 04-23-07, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Great post. I agree the Tony is just more aware of Paulie's annoying mouth and that Paulie has always "been Paulie". As mentioned earlier the conversation with the Call Girl Tony had was weird. At first I was thinking it could be some set up(FBI informant) thing but who knows...

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-23-07 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 05:23 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
"He is a stand up guy............oh sorry!"

"Chevy Chase....what the fuck ever happened to him?"

This episode showed that Tony still cares about Paulie, more cause he admired him as a kid working with his dad, but he realizes Paulies days as an earner are way past, and that is the reason he wanted to knock him off on the boat, Paulie just being annoying was just a part of that reason. It is always about the money with Tony, remember how he wanted to keep Vito alive last year after the gay stuff came out, cause he was a good earner.

Follow the money.
Old 04-23-07, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think when Carm said at the beginning, "This is the life we still live?" tells a lot about where the show is going to go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.