Old 09-26-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
October 5
Old 09-26-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
Add me to the list... wife and I finished watching the series in about a week, just couldn't get enough of it. Time to hook some friends!
Add me to the list too! Watched the first six eps. on the DVD, then made my gf re-watch those with me so we could watch the rest of the season together. Amazing show.
Old 09-27-07, 01:27 AM

Add me too. I bought the season set because of the great wom and price. I watched it all in about a week, and now it's one of my favorite shows on tv. It was a great decision by NBC to sell the set cheap. Hopefully it all works out and the show will stay alive.
Old 12-21-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just watched the Dvd and the finale. This show is amazing and rings true in every sense of the word. Especially since I am living in a small football town. And I have teenagers. And part of the overreactions and inconsistenys are part of a teenagers life.

Mrs Coach telling Coach she is pregnant was the best acting I have ever seen. Tv or movie. That woman is amazing. Has she ever won for this role or even been nominated?

Absolutely can not wait to watch my burned Tivo Season 2!! I dont want this show to ever end and when I hear the opening music, I feel happy knowing Im about to see some amazing TV!
Old 12-21-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Absolutely can not wait to watch my burned Tivo Season 2!! I dont want this show to ever end and when I hear the opening music, I feel happy knowing Im about to see some amazing TV!
I hope you'll let you're enjoyment of S1 help you burn through S2 with equal vigor and enthusiasm because S2 seemed to stumble for those of us who watched it weekly. It may improve when you can pour through them. Still a great show but there are a few missteps do far in S2.
Old 12-21-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I hope you'll let you're enjoyment of S1 help you burn through S2 with equal vigor and enthusiasm because S2 seemed to stumble for those of us who watched it weekly. It may improve when you can pour through them. Still a great show but there are a few missteps do far in S2.
I too tore through FNL S1. Some of the best acting I've ever seen from young actors, and Chandler and Britton as well. Excellent all around show.

I've only made it through the first three of S2 and I too feel some let down so far. That said, it's hard to replicate the magic of a stellar first season (see BSG, LOST, Alias, etc.)
Old 12-21-07, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I too tore through FNL S1. Some of the best acting I've ever seen from young actors, and Chandler and Britton as well. Excellent all around show.

I've only made it through the first three of S2 and I too feel some let down so far. That said, it's hard to replicate the magic of a stellar first season (see BSG, LOST, Alias, etc.)

Stick with it. I'm not going to tell you that it comes up to the same level as season one..but it does improve.
And .. we're getting a full 15 episodes... no other series can offer that...
Old 12-22-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
What septemberbaby said. Season 2 improves drastically. There is a major turning point that I won't spoil though. It happens in episode 5. It's all uphill from there.
Old 12-22-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
What septemberbaby said. Season 2 improves drastically. There is a major turning point that I won't spoil though. It happens in episode 5. It's all uphill from there.
That is a huge overstatement (IMO). Although the show is better now than the first few episodes, it is still a long way from having that sense of community, friendship and teamwork. Football has been downscaled and the team is almost non-existent. The sense of school is gone. The teachers and the school are there, but there seems to be more adults at the school than students (main characters). Finally, the community has been disbanded for small group storylines. Where are the rodeo's, dinners, school events and meeting at the local fast food place? The whole show seems fractured and smaller.

The plots are WAYYYY over the top and the build ups are short and lack that development that makes resolution necessary. Several posters have felt the Landry storyline was handled poorly and resolution was a welcome relief. Same with the Street road trip.

That being said. The dialog is still very good (not up to last season, but still better than any other drama in its class. The acting is still top notch and the direction is nearly the same as last season. Those creepy voyeuristic shots behind a doorway the slowly pan to reveal two people talking. It's as if you are eavesdropping. Long pauses in the dialog that build tension are still there.

Great show suffering from sophomore slump at the worst possible time ... or maybe it's the best possible time. It may survive by slipping through the gap in the radar created by the strike.
Old 12-25-07, 06:43 AM
Banned

Finale was really a great show.........when does next season about to begin......
Old 12-25-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,657 Likes on 2,626 Posts
Originally Posted by narender_20
Finale was really a great show.........when does next season about to begin......
Season 2 has already started.
Old 12-27-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You can watch Season Two online.
Old 08-25-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Finished S1.

I put a lot of thoughts into my post from two episodes prior so I won't bother repeating that here.

This show, and season, really offered up an emotional rollercoaster. With the exception of maybe one or two scenarios - and yes, I'm not counting the annoying actors/actresses and scenes - it just felt so true. It was as if I was an outsider watching a town live the course of 5 months.

I think I enjoyed the next to last episode more than the finale. I think it was a rushed and that they probably cut a lot of scenes. I don't hate the boy, but the Street part over the final two episodes felt very out of place. And whether he ends up with Lyla or not, that tattoo lady has go to go!

I will definitely be adding S2 to my Netflix que, but I don't see myself plowing through it as quickly.
Old 08-25-08, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Season 2 sucks mainly because they kille off Riggins and introduce that character who winds up playing a clown (balloons and stuff) at the car dealership way too much. Boring.
Old 08-25-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^

You seriously better be messing around. If you're not, I sincerely hope you get banned. And don't bring any of that, "It's been out for over a year." mess. This is a season one thread and to discuss anything in season 2 or beyond is sorely out of place. I thought you had been around long enough to know that. At a minimum you damn well put spoiler tags on something of that magnitude!!!!

If you're kidding, then sorry.
Old 08-25-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Season 2 sucks mainly because they kille off Riggins and introduce that character who winds up playing a clown (balloons and stuff) at the car dealership way too much. Boring.
Don't forget the scene where Matt and Landry make out.
Old 08-25-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Giz, if that was a joke please use a . I'm assuming it was due to Sexual's obvious joke below. I'm not "in" on your humor at this point.
Old 08-25-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was I supposed to be joking? Just wait til you watch, my friend....
Old 08-25-08, 11:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
That was way to easy. Yes, it was a joke That was a good laugh.

But I wouldn't spoil anything for you since you are obviously going through and watching each episode fresh. Its been fun seeing all these old threads pop up and know exactly who is doing it. Enjoy the show. Season 2 is decent...though I hope Season 3 gets the core back together.
Old 08-26-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When season two aired, I didn't care for it at all.

I bought the DVD's and watched it over a week.

I liked it much better. It is nearly as good as season 1, with some scenes surpassing.
Old 08-26-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayre
When season two aired, I didn't care for it at all.

I bought the DVD's and watched it over a week.

I liked it much better. It is nearly as good as season 1, with some scenes surpassing.
I thought season 2 was nearly as good as season 1, though could have focused more on
Spoiler:
Coach and Mrs. Coach
like season 1 did.

All in all, I'm just glad it's coming back. Even a bad episode of FNL is one of the best shows on TV.

PS--you guys crack me up! :P