Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 10:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
How I Met Your Mother - "Bachelor Party" - 4/09/07

"Bachelor Party"
Spoiler:
Barney ruins Marshall's bachelor party plans, prompting Marshall to rethink his selection of a best man.

From an interview with one of the creators on the Season 3 question.
TVGuide.com: OK, the last topic here, of course, is Season 3. What's the latest temperature reading?

Bays: Oh, I feel very good about it. I'm not worried. It is nerve-racking, like waiting to get asked to the prom, but I think this show has such a strong fan base and it's been getting such good responses....

Last edited by MrX; 04-09-07 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-09-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the update. Looknig forward to tonight. I love this show and hope that season three rumor turns out to be true.
Old 04-09-07, 03:58 PM

I still believe this is one of the funniest shows on this season tv. Barney continues to bring in the funny to me on a consistant basis. Tonight has the potential to be a home run for him!
Old 04-09-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
"Bachelor Party"
Spoiler:
Barney ruins Marshall's bachelor party plans, prompting Marshall to rethink his selection of a best man.
Spoiler:
Why the hell would Marshall pick Barney for his best man instead of Ted to begin with? The only reason I can think of is that Ted is too tied up w/ that building he has been working on to handle the official duties.
Old 04-09-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This ep. was completely redeemed for me in the final minutes. Barney's a real ass, but he's a good guy. Funny stuff at the wedding shower, too. BTW, what is the S3 rumor mentioned above? Does it have to do with
Spoiler:
the mother
?
Old 04-09-07, 10:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by reubs82
BTW, what is the S3 rumor mentioned above?
There's talk the show may be on the bubble and CBS may not renew it.

I thought this ep was uneven. The stuff with the guys started off ok, but then went downhill when they were in the car. The scene at shower with Lily's grandma was funny and I like how Robin was standing behind her cracking up as well.
Old 04-10-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was surprised by just how much I disliked this episode. Didn't Barney used to = funny? Wha'appen?

The bachelor party stuff was just tired and the painfully executed bachelorette party made me feel like I was watching a rerun of 'Three's Company' or 'Golden Girls.' That long speech the grandmother had to give just so there could be a misunderstanding was so contrived it almost hurt.

This episode just reminded me of why I hated sitcoms back in the 70s. And I feel bad that his kids had to listen to it.
Old 04-10-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I thought Barney brought the funny. with the winking and his line to Lily when he showed up at her apartment in San Fran.
Old 04-12-07, 06:37 PM
Banned

Wow. I can see why this show is fading fast. I managed a few sympathy chuckles throughout, but found myself wondering how long this can go on. And three days later, I'm the 8th post of a thread that used to be on the third page by now.
Old 04-14-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I agree with the comment that this episode was uneven. I thought that the wedding shower scenes were funny but cliched and the whole bachelor scenes were not funny. The ending redeemed this episode for me.