Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Fiji - 3/21/07 **Wednesday Night**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Did you forget to watch this episode because it was on Wednesday?
Yes
0%
No
100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Fiji - 3/21/07 **Wednesday Night**

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 01:59 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Last I checked Rocky had not won a challenge, the guy is all mouth, and cannot back up his play at all.
My thoughts exactly. If he actually accomplished anything he might be entertaining.
Old 03-22-07, 02:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've watched Survivor from the beginning, and this season is the worst of all-time.

I don't care about any of the players. I find myself surfing the web while the episode is on.

But Survivor is like a drug habbit that you can't drop. I feel like it's my duty to watch every episode since I've been there from the start.

I wonder how many more seasons does CBS want?
While Survivor ratings are still good I can't imagine ever seeing Survivor: Season 30
Old 03-22-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Even though I agree with everything Rocky said about Anthony (who is, without question, the biggest, hairiest vagina ever to appear on Survivor), Rocky wasn't the one to say it. He's all mouth, and hasn't backed it up once. I was amazed at how much Anthony took from Rocky without even so much as a verbal response. Dude, pacifist or not, you gotta draw a line somewhere! There isn't a single person I can root for on either team, and the merge didn't change my opinion one bit. See you this fall!
Old 03-22-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mike7162
Even though I agree with everything Rocky said about Anthony (who is, without question, the biggest, hairiest vagina ever to appear on Survivor), Rocky wasn't the one to say it. He's all mouth, and hasn't backed it up once. I was amazed at how much Anthony took from Rocky without even so much as a verbal response. Dude, pacifist or not, you gotta draw a line somewhere! There isn't a single person I can root for on either team, and the merge didn't change my opinion one bit. See you this fall!
But there is a difference here. This is a game of acceptance. Not of proving one's manhood. Anthony was playing the game and for him, he had decided to not rock the boat and create conflict. Specially with Rocky. Rocky says that Anthony needed to Man Up... but I am thinking that Anthony thought (and I would agree) that standing up to Rocky would have been disaster and certainly would have ended his game. Even if it ended anyway. Some of what we heard from Rocky was justification for voting someone out.

Anthony is smart. And we learn from previous games that the main thing to get you voted out, is standing out, causing conflict.

After last night, I had more respect for Anthony and much less for Rocky. Frankly Rocky is just a dick, as noted earlier..all mouth and yet can't back it up. If that is macho.. I would rather be like Anthony.

The larger disappointment for me was those in the camp that told the camera that they did not like what Rocky was doing... but voted for Anthony anyway (but I understand it, they are also playing the game) and for Jeff piling on, even if he does it because it is good TV. In my eyes, it would be better TV to turn the tables a bit on Rocky.. because I am thinking he can't really handle that. Put him on the spot. Then we will see who is really spineless.

Ack... this is indeed the worst season of Survivor in terms of new concepts and in terms of team chemistry and personality. This season needs Myrna and Shmyrna against Rob and Amber.
Old 03-22-07, 10:40 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it's obvious none of these people watch Survivor.
Old 03-22-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The cast is bad enough, but Jeff Probst was a complete jackass last night when he called Anthony out for not standing up for himself. Way to pile on, Probst.
yea i got pissed at him too, hes always been a bit of a jackass, i like phil from amazing race better.
he really took it to lisi when she wanted to go home, i would have done that to but man he looked like he was going to shit himself he look so pissed at lisi-which i didn't mind because lisi's a bitch.
i think it was a stupid move for them to vote off anothony because Rocky does shit all and is annoying as hell. at least anothony did all the work back at camp while the rest of them went out fishing, i hope the team loses every challenge & somehow Dreamz goes to the other tribe.
Old 03-23-07, 10:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I kind of like yau-man, cassandra, earl and michelle so the new moto is not a bad tribe to watch. I enjoyed their win.

But all in all the haves and have nots idea will surely be a one and done concept.
Old 03-23-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
The one advantage to keeping Rocky is that he is malleable; he believes he is "in" and can be trusted until you need to discard him. On the other hand, Anthony was disgruntled and felt no allegiance to anyone, and therefore would be impossible to control. He could have easily flipped after a merge.
Old 03-23-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think I've ever wanted to punch someone just by looking up them more then Rocky.. That dude has got to be the biggest A hole I've ever seen.. Without a doubt the most annoying...

Like some other posters have said.. I think Anthony was smart.. I mean you think he's gonna come out and say "Hey jackasses.. I really don't feel like tending the fire and filling up your canteens.." No, he already knew he was on the block.. Saying something like that will make it 100%.

Tribal council was brutal.. I thought FOR SURE Rocky was getting himself voted out. I mean I was sure of it... But alas, he's still in the game .

What's funny is that he tells Anthony to stand up for himself and the second Anthony tries to say something in return Rocky just screams and yells over him. I love having those type conversations.. Oh, and don't yell in Rocky's ear even though he is freaking SCREAMING in your face..

I would have gotten kicked off that show instead of voted off if I were Anthony last night. Rocky needs hurt in a bad way.

</end rant>
Old 03-23-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I usually don't mind the "villain you love to hate", but Rocky is just unpleasant to watch go about his business, so he's a villain, but no fun to watch.
Old 03-23-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Also, Rocky has a retard face.
Old 03-23-07, 02:55 PM

Not just his face looks retarded... look at him stand and walk around camp (compared to when walking around a challenge) what a full of shit pussy this dude is.

Id like to see him die on the show, Id buy that for a dollar.

Jeff is a joke too, he just uses the show as his dating pool. Pathetic.... is he still dating that check he met 3 or 4 seasons ago?
Old 03-23-07, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tbird2340
What's funny is that he tells Anthony to stand up for himself and the second Anthony tries to say something in return Rocky just screams and yells over him.
I came to the thread to say the exact same thing. It was stupidly funny. I really was disappointed by the vote last night not going to Rocky.
Old 03-23-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lisi
Old 03-23-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Jeff is a joke too, he just uses the show as his dating pool. Pathetic.... is he still dating that check he met 3 or 4 seasons ago?
I like Jeff but he sure was puttin the sticks to Anthony.. I'm not sure if the producers wanted him to be asking those questions or what because he sure was sweating pretty bad (Jeff).
Old 03-23-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I didn't get how the picking went... the representatives could only pick people from the opposite tribe, so wouldn't tribes remain the same except for the picker and the odd (wo)man out? What were the rules of the picking?

And the bag had only orange buffs (the other bag had green)... so the person that LOST rock/paper/scissors would get the poor tribesite... ironic twist.
Old 03-23-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 173 Posts
team A: original picker
team B: picked by a, makes next choice
team A
team B
team A
team B

you end up with half people originally from team A and half people originally from team B
Old 03-23-07, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous

Besides Julie Berry , who has Jeff dated from the show?
Old 03-23-07, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
Besides Julie Berry , who has Jeff dated from the show?
Rupert.
Old 03-23-07, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rupert.
Old 03-24-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
That was an awesome challenge. One of the best ones I've ever seen on Survivor.

Made no sense that they didn't do a reward challenge for the luxury camp. Blind draw was a stupid way to award that.

Rocky is such an asshole. He'll be brought along to the end.