Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 7:00PM - 8:00PM" -- 03/19/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
I got a laugh when Silver Spoons said - Moooooslim

That was pretty funny.

Ricky is one of those guys that has a baby face..like Dick Clark. Except when they start to get older, they start to look weird. They don't age right.
Old 03-20-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I've been trying to stick up for this show, but honestly I'm way more entertained watching Prison Break than I am watching this. The episodes just seem to be hit or miss every week.

For starters, the show needs a drastic overhaul next season. FOX needs to open up their checkbooks and commission location shooting outside of LA. I know it's way more expensive, but since they are shooting Prison Break in Dallas, why can't they shoot 24 in the Big Apple? Or even Chicago? Or if they want to save money, they could shoot in Canada. It will open up so many more story possibilities and it will keep the show fresh and hopefully not lose viewers as well.

As for this episode, I thought it was mediocre at best. I was hardly shocked about the whole Nadia thing. Didn't they do this in Season 4 also with Lana Parilla's character and then she was later vindicated?

I rolled my eyes back when Jack was playing Flight Simulator. I'm a little confused about that damn toy landing in San Francisco. So, it popped open and exposed radiation. Then I heard Bill mentioning that casualties will be minimal.....So does that mean every firefighter and Cop that showed up on scene is as good as dead?
Old 03-20-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah... like five minutes after the end of the episode I was like wait a second... what the heck happened to Logan? That is just kind of odd to end with that cliffhanger and not even mention it in the "previously on 24" section or even in the episode. And once again Jack was in the show for like the first five minutes, and the last five minutes... what the heck?
Old 03-20-07, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
So who got the house in Valencia?
kim
Old 03-20-07, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
IIRC he was an outside contractor in season 1, not an employee of CTU.

That being said.... in the 18 months since last season, we're expected to believe that he hired in and rocketed his way up through everyone else to be a floor supervisor? That's some pretty quick work or a lot of ass kissing.
they said he was transfering back from denver

so probably after season 1 as a contracter in LA, he moved to denver and it's been a few years already so he couldve moved up rank in denver, then came back to LA
Old 03-20-07, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
I'm also hoping they'll reveal Jack's method of overcoming jet lag - he just flew in from China, and hasn't nodded off yet.
he's jack bauer.
Old 03-20-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Well, I've been hopelessly behind with 24 this season, just hasn't been appealing to me and my friend who doesn't have a DVR so I save the eps to watch with. But we finally watched one ep about a week ago, and she moved away just yesterday. So, one of my best friends moving but the ability to now watch all those stored episodes of 24 and clear some room on my DVR :thmbsup:

So, I watched 4 episodes last night, including the most recent, and some of my comments will probably reflect that I watched eps from weeks ago. As others have said, the show really is so much better when you can watch it in chunks. That being said, this still isn't a vintage season of 24. I have faith that some more stuff will pick up later though.

Since the VP has taken control, I've been getting a lot of serious Deadwood flashbacks. He is certainly a no-nonsense kind of leader and loves those nuclear weapons. Couldn't believe how he pushed the Biscuit around. He didn't used to, but I think Powers Boothe kinda scares me now.

Speaking of the Biscuit, was the conclusion to the hostage situation just the ridiculous thing ever!? Kidnappers just let him go and say, "Don't say anything." Of couse, what happens with the first people Biscuit sees ... I thought they would at least draw that out a bit more. Kinda anticlimactic.

And in regards to the Audrey stuff, I don't buy it. I think she's probably still alive, maybe being held captive in China. My first thought was that Jack's vengeance could be a good thing for next season, but then I remembered the movie and I bet that's the route they will take. Revenge films are big right now anyway; it would fit right in.

Oh, and I can't believe that Jack caused trouble in another embassy!

And boy, the brother's wife sure doesn't waste any time. I know she's been carrying a torch for Jack for a while, but her husband has just been dead a few hours! She's already macking on his brother! There's someone who doesn't waste any time.
Old 03-20-07, 06:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chauzer
kim

may be the cougar moved in with her too??
Old 03-20-07, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by lvbob

That would be sweet. It would have an easier time mauling her in a confined space.
Old 03-20-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
For starters, the show needs a drastic overhaul next season.
I'll say! I mean, the Russians are the bad guys!!! I know I keep saying this, but that is just so freakin' far behind the times that it's not even funny.

Another thing, this show is just so politically correct that I'm about to give up on it. Even when they did portray radical muslims (note that I'm saying the muslims that are radical, not that all muslims are radical) as the bad guys, they put a disclaimer at the beginning of every episode!

And now they're portraying almost every single white guy to be racist against muslims!
Old 03-20-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Just for the record I'd like to state that Milo and Nadia are no Tony and Michelle. Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Old 03-20-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cartload
Just for the record I'd like to state that Milo and Nadia are no Tony and Michelle. Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Yeah but Nadia is smoking. Of course so was Michelle.
Old 03-21-07, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With the actress who plays Audrey out of a job since that Bank robber show didn't make it, you would think they would at least give her a dying scene.
I thought I read somewhere that she might make an apperance. Of course I thought it would be more than a hand.
And what was up with Chloe getting angry over someone not following protocol when she breaks it almost every episode??
Old 03-21-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Another thing, this show is just so politically correct that I'm about to give up on it. Even when they did portray radical muslims (note that I'm saying the muslims that are radical, not that all muslims are radical) as the bad guys, they put a disclaimer at the beginning of every episode!

!

And you have all these muslim groups/anti torture groups complaining that they are not doing enough.
Old 03-21-07, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by whoopdido
Yeah but Nadia is smoking. Of course so was Michelle.
I won't argue with you there, but the supporting characters this season are so bland and too much time is being spent of them.
Old 03-21-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I'll say! I mean, the Russians are the bad guys!!! I know I keep saying this, but that is just so freakin' far behind the times that it's not even funny.

And now they're portraying almost every single white guy to be racist against muslims!
I still give 24 props for at least having the terrorists occasionally be Islamofascists. No other show or movie seems to have the balls to do that these days. I often question whether something like True Lies or Executive Decision would be greenlighted these days.

And while the 24 producers and writers still insist on balancing things out by having white villains as well as racist, ignorant characters, it's not as politically correct as you make it out to be.

Remember that stupid neighbor at the beginning of the season who attacked Kumar in his home? Well, turns out Kumar was a terrorist after all. And at least for the time being, Doyle could be right about Nadia.
Old 03-21-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
With the actress who plays Audrey out of a job since that Bank robber show didn't make it, you would think they would at least give her a dying scene.
How could they give her a dying scene when she died months ago?
Old 03-21-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz

She aint dead. Jack will find her.
Old 03-21-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
He didn't used to, but I think Powers Boothe kinda scares me now.
Heh, ive been scared of him since he shot those bowling pins in Rapid Fire.
Old 03-21-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
A flashback to when she is dying?
Old 03-21-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Flashbacks, ugh. Leave that to Lost.
Old 03-22-07, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by lvbob

Or that creepy guy with the cabin.
Old 03-22-07, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
Or that creepy guy with the cabin.
Nah, Johnny Drama lives with his brother, Vincent Chase.
Old 03-22-07, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joshyborra
Does Powers Boothe's delivery remind anyone of a cross between Puddy from Seinfeld and Brad Bellick from Prison Break?
His delivery actually sounds like the way he did in the brilliant Van Damme movie "Sudden Death" (where some of the VP Ty Coliver references are coming from)

Also didn't the actress that plays Audrey on that shitty show "the Nine". Which I assume is the reason they "killed" her off, but since the show got cancelled, maybe thats why the chinese might still be holding her.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 03-22-07 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-22-07, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
His delivery actually sounds like the way he did in the brilliant Van Damme movie "Sudden Death" (where some of the VP Ty Coliver references are coming from)
Interesting that Power Boothe was the villain in that movie holding the VP hostage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.