The Amazing Race All Stars -- "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy" -- 03/18/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The Amazing Race All Stars -- "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy" -- 03/18/07

"You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy"
Spoiler:
Eric clashes with Joe and Bill, resulting in name-calling. A challenge requires teams to deal with massive rats.

After what happened last week, I think is safe to say that the spoilers for the show this season seems to be correct (so far). With that in mind I have decided not to include the polls for the rest of the current season. This goes against what has been done in seasons past where there's always a weekly poll for this show. This may upset some people however, since the poll is becoming a spoiler as to who's going to be eliminated, I think the proper thing to do is not to include it.

Also as a common courtesy, please refrain from discussing as to who you think will be eliminated this week or please use spoiler tags for that type of discussion before the show airs.

I would love to hear your comments about this decision so please feel free to post them.
Old 03-18-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I strongly recommend padding your recordings tonight. There is a very good chance that basketball will run over.

to no poll. Thought they were meaningless to begin with.
Old 03-18-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good call Lorenzol I woulda missed commenting on the show but the polls woulda sent me scurrying.

Go Beauty Queens!
Old 03-18-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, no polls....when the favorite Rob and Amber were so ahead in the polls last week, along with all the spoilerized discussions, it was a dead give away to me.
Old 03-18-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was out of town last week and, although I set my VCR, I forgot about DST...

Bummer to see Romber go.

Go Dustin and Kandice!!
Old 03-18-07, 01:48 PM

I have no idea who is going to win now that rob and amber are gone.. I havn't read any spoilers so i don't know who the winner is.. my new pick is going to be the beauty queens.. just on looks alone.
Old 03-18-07, 03:12 PM

I'll be cheering for Eric/Danielle and the BQs now with Romber gone. As long as Mirna/Shmirna are gone tonight, it will be a good show. Hopefully the BQs can regain what they had last season and stop making dumb mistakes and start getting some 1st/2nd place finishes.
Old 03-18-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
DVR Alert:

TAR will begin at 8:46 ET, due to the basketball overrun.
Old 03-18-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Cheering for the BQs and Teri & Ian.

Looking forward to either the Guido or Danielle/ Eric to get out.

Last edited by skatefan20; 03-18-07 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-18-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CBS's scheduling today was silly. Even if every game were completed in record time, there's no way they would have hit 7pm for 60 Minutes. We're lucky they didn't go over by more than an hour.

das
Old 03-18-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
BQs - "Pretty in Pink in Mozambique" (Phil, you sly dog! Running from Team Cha-Cha )

Charla & Mirna - judging by their horrid accents, apparently these two are in Italy. "MANEE CURE! Excelante! Look how pretty you became!" Did they have to tarnish the PitStop mat by rolling around on it?

Good leg.
Old 03-18-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe that Charla and Schmirna came in first. What possess the other teams to do the charcoal task is beyond me.

It seems like the Beauty Queens are playing like their namesakes. All look, no substance. They need to smarten up! It's good thing that not picking up the backpacks did not hurt them in the end but they can't keep making this type of silly mistakes. I think that their 3rd or 4th one already in this race.

I love Oswald comment to Danny: "Faggy raccoon".

Edit - Removed spoiler tags.

Last edited by LorenzoL; 03-18-07 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-18-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate Mirna and Shmirna.
Old 03-18-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OMG, Phil can run when he needs to put on the after-burners.
Old 03-18-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty funny tasks this time around, good fun times.
Old 03-18-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess Phil's not into male bonding.
Old 03-18-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lol, funny race, not as challening as the last two though. Yeah I didnt quite get why those with the charisma thought the coal one was better. The blondes I can barely recognize from the previous season, step it up girls! D&D do nothing for me, they can go next. I had alot audio problem with this episode for some reason.

What took cake though had to be dragging bystander around for two locals and they having nerve to ask him for money to paint his nails. Off camera I hope they gave him some money back P

Last edited by madara; 03-18-07 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-18-07, 08:55 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Why would anybody want to pay for their nails to be painted by strangers?

Phil running from Team Cha Cha Cha at the mat was one of the funniest things to ever happen on TAR. The icing on the cake was the music they had in the background.
Old 03-18-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by asianflow
Why would anybody want to pay for their nails to be painted by strangers?
Because you could have done what Ian did and rip off two locals and complete the task really quick.

Phil running from Team Cha Cha Cha at the mat was one of the funniest things to ever happen on TAR. The icing on the cake was the music they had in the background.
No doubt. If they only had used the Benny Hill theme song...
Old 03-18-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
No doubt. If they only had used the Benny Hill theme song...
I was thinking the exact same thing. Phil is awesome.

The race is shaping up pretty well, but the feud between Guidos and Eric/Danielle seems a little contrived. I guess they needed a little extra drama though.
Old 03-18-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
I'm so glad they brought Oswald and Danny back. Hopefully, they'll at least make the top 3.
Old 03-18-07, 10:47 PM

Just once this season it would be nice if the first 15-20 minutes of the show weren't totally pointless. Other than that, not a bad episode.

But WTF with teams picking the coal task. The "get the locals to do/buy something" tasks are always the easier tasks. You would think reality show contestants would know that you can get people to do anything when there is a camera pointed at them.
Old 03-18-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Achtung
but the feud between Guidos and Eric/Danielle seems a little contrived. I guess they needed a little extra drama though.
I think that feud is mostly due to the fact that Eric is more attracted to Team Guido than his girlfriend
Old 03-18-07, 10:57 PM
Banned

Dustin
Old 03-18-07, 11:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
I'm so glad they brought Oswald and Danny back. Hopefully, they'll at least make the top 3.
Agreed. They've really stepped up their game since last time, yet still manage to bring the entertainment value.

Teri and Ian had some incredibly good luck by accidentally arriving at the pamper challenge even though it seemed to them they had made a major mistake. I enjoyed the look of genuine shock when Phil announced they were team #3. Along with Cha Cha, I'm rooting for them.

Mirna and Schmirna should be adopted by the Weavers from the Family Edition. They have many of the same qualities.

Guidos are only interesting as the villains. They need to start screwing some teams over like they were infamous for in season one. So far their gameplay has been disappointing this go around.

The Beauty Queens seemed a lot sharper in their first appearance. This time they seem to be Forrest Gumping it... having success and good luck despite bumbling through the game.

Eric and Danielle are a hopelessly boring team. They're just not good enough to be interesting to watch in a competitive sense, yet they're not dysfunctional enough to enjoy on a train wreck level and they don't even have any humor value. Hell, even Mirna-Schmirna have the sight gag factor. To think that teams like Colin/Christie or even the hippies were passed over for them is kinda sad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.