Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race All Stars -- "No Babies On The Race!" -- 03/11/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated tonight?
Dustin & Kandice
0%
Uchenna & Joyce
3.03%
Charla & Mirna
15.15%
Joe & Bill
6.06%
Rob & Amber
51.52%
Eric & Danielle
3.03%
Oswald & Danny
0%
Teri & Ian
0%
Non Elimination
21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-07, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

"No Babies on the Race!"
Spoiler:
Eight All-Stars teams struggle to remain in an increasingly competitive race. Arguments with Charla and Mirna continue, as this time they lock horns with Rob and Amber. A dramatic finish is promised.

First Aired: Sunday March 11, 2007.
Old 03-11-07, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going with the Guidos to be eliminated this week.
Old 03-11-07, 10:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Based on the promos which hype

Spoiler:
a dramatic ending, followed by a clip of Rob saying something smug

I predict that

Spoiler:
Rob and Amber

finish last.
Old 03-11-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was a dummy and read the spoiler for this weeks show(if its even right).I hope if the spoilers are true they dont show up as results in the polls here for the duration of this race.
Old 03-11-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Based on the promos which hype

Spoiler:
a dramatic ending, followed by a clip of Rob saying something smug

I predict that

Spoiler:
Rob and Amber

finish last.
Spoiler:
I have to agree, and based on last weeks spoiler runs based on someone who supposedly worked on the show and leaked the info.
Old 03-11-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Spoiler:
I have to agree, and based on last weeks spoiler runs based on someone who supposedly worked on the show and leaked the info.
Spoiler:

Well, there was an earlier spoiler that contradicts this recent one. However, if the recent one holds for tonight, I think we can assume that's pretty much it for the season.
Old 03-11-07, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by astrochimp
I was a dummy and read the spoiler for this weeks show(if its even right).I hope if the spoilers are true they dont show up as results in the polls here for the duration of this race.
Spoiler in regards to who is eliminated (not shown in the previews)...
Spoiler:
It looks like they are this week (if the spoiler results were true)...people, if you read spoilers, don't vote on who is going to be eliminated!

Last edited by aktick; 03-11-07 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-11-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
My recommendation is to delete this thread and never have these meaningless polls again. The fans in this forum should agree not to start the thread until 8 pm ET.
Old 03-11-07, 03:01 PM

Shit.

If you're going to post spoilers external to what's been seen in the previews, please note your posts as such.
Old 03-11-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
My recommendation is to delete this thread and never have these meaningless polls again. The fans in this forum should agree not to start the thread until 8 pm ET.
I have refrained myself from reading any type of spoilers for this show this season however, based on the comments today, I have read the spoilers in this thread
Spoiler:
and I have to say that if the poll result holds true for this week as to who is eliminated,
I'm voting to do away with the polls for the rest of the season for the weekly threads.
Old 03-11-07, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shit.

If you're going to post spoilers external to what's been seen in the previews, please note your posts as such.
Sorry, I guess I figured if people were reading spoilers, they weren't afraid to be, well, spoiled. I'll add a note from now on.

And I agree, no more polls.
Old 03-11-07, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Shit.

I know exactly what you're saying. Anymore, people use those spoiler tags for everything from previews and promos, interviews, speculation and outside spoilers. Now, I watch previews for eps and don't mind if I learn something discussed in interviews and often enjoy reading others' speculation, but I try to avoid outside spoilers. So when I see that spoiler tag, I never really know anymore whether to read it or not, especially when the only thing in a message IS the spoiler tag.

But I guess I was lucky because of your unluckiness. When I saw your message, I knew not to read the spoilers. And from the other messages, I guess I know not to vote in the poll because it will clue me in on the outside spoilers.
Old 03-11-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of you AR fans may be interested in....

Bullrun - Tuesday Nights - (starting this Tuesday) - 10:00 pm ET/11:00 pm ET - SPIKE TV - Imagine "The Amazing Race" if you bought your own wheels. Thats sorta of the idea behind the Bullrun road rally. Teams of two pilot their favorite cars - muscle cars, exotics and other cool rides - across the country in a quest for a cash prize, trophy and glory. Former wrestler Bill Goldberg hosts this new series chronicling the 2007 edition of the race.

LB...
Old 03-11-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Some of you AR fans may be interested in....

Bullrun - Tuesday Nights - (starting this Tuesday) - 10:00 pm ET/11:00 pm ET - SPIKE TV - Imagine "The Amazing Race" if you bought your own wheels. Thats sorta of the idea behind the Bullrun road rally. Teams of two pilot their favorite cars - muscle cars, exotics and other cool rides - across the country in a quest for a cash prize, trophy and glory. Former wrestler Bill Goldberg hosts this new series chronicling the 2007 edition of the race.

LB...

I already saw the movie - Cannonball Run. One of my favorites.
Old 03-11-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The AR threads have been done this way for at least five years and NOW you complain? Or is that the sour grape whine talking?
While I agree that people who have read spoilers shouldn't vote in the polls, most likely they've been doing it all along anyway. So to call them on that now is almost pointless.

Last edited by RKillgore; 03-11-07 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-11-07, 06:03 PM

The difference is that this year (possibly) there are legitimate spoilers out there on a leg-by-leg basis outside of the usual promotional information.
Old 03-11-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not surprised about the outcome given the tease from last week.

Spoiler:
I can't stand Mirna and Charla, can't wait till they are gone! The fun is gone now that the team everyone hated is gone.
Old 03-11-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The nasty tension between Mirna/Schmirna & Romber.
Karma bit 'em in the ass! And their lack of spell-checking skills didn't help (PHILLIPEANS). Well, maybe Rob can fall back on his burgeoning career as a Vegas poker player.

Hope CBS post videos of the teams reading those letters in their entirety!
Old 03-11-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't see this ending coming, although I thought it have been an non-elimination to keep it interesting for awhile. But at the same time, they got their come uppance.
Old 03-11-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, it looks like the rumors were true about who was going to finish last in tonight's installment.

I still don't know how Mirna and Charla made up 20 minutes on the other 2 teams in the final road block.
Old 03-11-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by RKillgore
The AR threads have been done this way for at least five years and NOW you complain? Or is that the sour grape whine talking?
While I agree that people who have read spoilers shouldn't vote in the polls, most likely they've been doing it all along anyway. So to call them on that now is almost pointless.
It has never been to the point that the poll results so obviously became a spoiler, so it certainly is not pointless to call them out.
Old 03-11-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You just went from first to worst! Karma bite you on the ass!
Just joking! Wanted be first say those things though. They really didnt annoy me this season, shame they had such bad leg but maybe the race will be more intense now as they were just killing everyone up and to this point. This is my favorite season of AR in longtime, kudos to making some of the challenges actually challenging.
Old 03-11-07, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well i wasnt suprised on tonights result and i wont be checking these weekly threads anymore since i dont know any more results and obviously the polls and/or comments will be spoilers.Too bad but oh well.
Old 03-11-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So we found out Rob can't spell Phillipines (but Amber didn't point it out, so I guess neither are that detail-oriented/obsessive).
Old 03-11-07, 08:11 PM

you know, I hate to say it, but did anyone else get the impression this race was thrown? (like point shaving in college basketball kind of thrown)?

it just seemed kind of odd that Rob and Amber were doing that badly, yet were smiling and laughing about it the whole time. Also, how could they not have caught up and overran Charla and Mirna?

/yeah, I know - it's "reality" TV, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth about how that episode played out

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.