DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   American Idol -- Results Show (From 16 to 12) -- 03/08/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/494671-american-idol-results-show-16-12-03-08-07-a.html)

superdeluxe 03-09-07 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I will definitely be voting for Sanjaya next week just to keep the national outrage going strong.

Ditto.

mrhan 03-09-07 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
The girl from Hawaii? You mean Jasmine Trias? She's actually really big in the Phillipines. I believe she released 2 albums there that were pretty big. She also is on commercials and magazines there as well. She did release one U.S. album on an independent label.

Yeah, that's her. I went to Oahu last year and there were posters of her everywhere promoting some gig or album release. She still sucks.

GuessWho 03-09-07 04:37 PM

They probably start doing the car commercial music videos next week

PLEASE... run Sanjaya over.

IMRICKJAMES 03-09-07 05:03 PM

There is still hope in America

Antonella is finally gone

Groucho 03-09-07 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

I love those. They're awesomely bad. They suck on a level that Uwe Boll is probably envious of.

Heat 03-09-07 10:01 PM

Pretty good show. I disagree with Sundance and Sabrina leaving, but overall I'm OK with the top 12. Sure, there are some bad ones there but they'll get the boot in the first few weeks.

As for those thinking that Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle will both make it to the final few, it ain't going to happen. One or the other will make it, but not both. As others are eliminated, their fans will go to similar singers. In fact, I'm going to say that Lakisha will be 7th person left.

As for votefortheworst, both of the singers they had picked (Antonella Barba and Sundance Head) were eliminated. It's no suprise that they are going with Sanjaya.

Somebody had mentioned the tour before, I'm pretty sure it's only the top 10 that go on the tour.

xage 03-10-07 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

PLEASE... run Sanjaya over.

I guess this is the first time American Idol had an Indian participant in the top 24 now top 12...

Looks like a large population of indian voters are surfacing up in USA saving this A.I. finalist...

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I will definitely be voting for Sanjaya next week just to keep the national outrage going strong.

LorenzoL 03-10-07 02:58 PM

I'm really sad to see Sabrina leave AI and not make it to the top 12. I was positive that she was going to make it at least to the top 5. Obviously, America didn't share my opinion on this.

In regards to Sanjaya, I believe that his fans will keep him in the competition for at least another two weeks.

RUSF18 03-10-07 03:48 PM

What was with Sabrina's face as she got kicked off? She looked like an anteater.

mytzplyx 03-11-07 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by xage
I guess this is the first time American Idol had an Indian participant in the top 24 now top 12...

Looks like a large population of indian voters are surfacing up in USA saving this A.I. finalist...

Please don't make these clear cut assertions without anything to substantiate them. It's the same shit that Yao Ming went through when he beat out Shaq in All-star voting and a bunch of people blamed internet voting from China. It turned out that he beat out Shaq on PAPER ballots and Shaq actually garnered more internet votes.

I'm Asian and I thought Paul Kim did deserve to be out (although I thought he was better than Sundance and 1 or 2 others, on the 1st episode of the final 24). This despite the fact that we have mutual friends.

Duh Vuh Duh 03-12-07 11:20 AM

Ok, finally got caught up with this show so I can post and read the threads, I mean I was still watching the auditions just last week.

Anyway, Do they know it's a singing competition? I mean how in the hell did Haley get in above Sabrina? I guess because it's all teenager voting, for looks, image, etc.? /rant

adamblast 03-12-07 04:48 PM

Cowell has supposedly said that if Sanjaya wins, he won't come back to the show.

That's all I need to be the biggest Sanjaya fan ever!! Vote now, and vote often!!

RUSF18 03-12-07 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Cowell has supposedly said that if Sanjaya wins, he won't come back to the show.

That's all I need to be the biggest Sanjaya fan ever!! Vote now, and vote often!!

So you want the show to lose the one true judge it has? Beautiful.

zuffy 03-12-07 06:24 PM

I guess there is no hope in America.

adamblast 03-12-07 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Terps54423
So you want the show to lose the one true judge it has? Beautiful.

I want *all* reality TV to crash and burn. And I want its producers to be fined millions of dollars for making America even stupider, and the money given to me personally. That's not unreasonable, is it?

big whoppa 03-12-07 07:11 PM

Not likely as much as he might want. He's in contract and makes huge amounts of money.

magiccmom 03-12-07 08:09 PM

You need to be stuck in an elevator with Paula and Randy for about 12 hours and have Sanjaya music playing non stop.

LorenzoL 03-12-07 08:41 PM

What do you have to do to get Paula and Randy to leave too?