Old 03-07-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Shit.
Old 03-07-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Locke, imo, is inconsistent. Some times he's a badass, other times he's a dumbass, his character has been on a spiral since the middle of season 1.
Spoiler:

Well, I'd say he was using some deductive reasoning to do what he did:

A. Patchy lied to him about the computer being hard to beat.
B. Patchy obviously wanted to protect something on the computer.
C. There were only three choices to make after winning the chess game, and Locke tried the first two to no avail.
D. Locke did not know about the C4 charges.

C: Hostile breach = push 77
Old 03-07-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
Was that a review or a reaction?

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Spoiler:

Well, I'd say he was using some deductive reasoning to do what he did:

A. Patchy lied to him about the computer being hard to beat.
B. Patchy obviously wanted to protect something on the computer.
C. There were only three choices to make after winning the chess game, and Locke tried the first two to no avail.
D. Locke did not know about the C4 charges.

C: Hostile breach = push 77

Oh I agree there was reasoning behind it, but Locke just seemed dopey this time around. Don't know what it is.
Old 03-07-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Was that a review or a reaction?
Might have been both Rich.
Old 03-07-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I enjoyed tonight's episode.
Old 03-07-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Might have been both Rich.
Good answer.

It's nice to get the show back to it's roots a bit these past few eps, but the sense of mystery is still completely lacking . Still, from me.
Old 03-07-07, 10:23 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode, probably the best of the season so far. Nice to have some new info/twists introduced.

The flashback was useless though as it did nothing to advance Sayid's character, we already new he basically hated himself for torturing people, so I'm not sure what the point was.
Old 03-07-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn, I was hoping that they would kill Locke finally.
Old 03-07-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Good episode, probably the best of the season so far. Nice to have some new info/twists introduced.

The flashback was useless though as it did nothing to advance Sayid's character, we already new he basically hated himself for torturing people, so I'm not sure what the point was.
I saw it as basically a long explaination for his actions at the end of the episode.

Originally Posted by B.A.
Damn, I was hoping that they would kill Locke finally.
They won't do that til at least the wheelchair flashback ep.
Old 03-07-07, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good ep. Enjoyed it throughout, glad they didn't waste much time on the ping pong thing. Are we to assume Patchy was indeed telling the truth about things like the underwater cable?

I liked some of the comments that may have been a nod to the fans who like to bitch...Sawyer asking the girl, "where'd you come from?" and Sayid getting straight to the point with Patchy asking him what the F Dharma is.

So are Patchy and the Others ex-Dharma? Or were they there before Dharma showed up, like Patch said? Remember the slave ship...people have been there before Dharma.

And why did Ms. Klugh want to die? Just so they wouldn't be forced into giving up the location of their village? Seems something kind of small to be willing to die for.
Old 03-07-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I think the Others are aliens. j/k I'm a bit confused as well as to who is Dharma and who is everyone else. Were the Others already there before Dharma showed up? Are the Others a faction of what is left of Dharma? Why doesn't Rousseau know more after living on that island for 15+ years?
Old 03-07-07, 10:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Why doesn't Rousseau know more after living on that island for 15+ years?
She does seem awfully content to just live the way she has been. At first I thought Patchy's accent was French, and was thinking maybe that's why she was staying away. Guess not.
Old 03-07-07, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Either I am bad at chess or I am missing something. Locke's last move was NOT a checkmate. When he moved the rook to the last row in line with the King, the computer COULD have moved the bishop in front of the rook, eliminating that check. There was no other piece checking the king. Anybody have a screen shot??

2) What camera was that watching the computer? What camera did patch-man disconnect when Locke saw him on the monitor in the other station? I would think NO camera would be working.
Old 03-07-07, 10:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
1) Either I am bad at chess or I am missing something. Locke's last move was NOT a checkmate. When he moved the rook to the last row in line with the King, the computer COULD have moved the bishop in front of the rook, eliminating that check. There was no other piece checking the king. Anybody have a screen shot??
I'm no good at chess, but I noticed and thought the same thing. But maybe the king couldn't move?

EDIT: I can't take a screenshot, but I'm sure somebody will. If he moved the bishop in to block, Locke still had his queen down there, so I'm pretty sure it was checkmate.

Last edited by aktick; 03-07-07 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-07-07, 10:43 PM

The king doesn't have to move if another piece can block the checking piece.
Old 03-07-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Excellent episode. Previews looks interesting.
Old 03-07-07, 10:46 PM
Suspended

everybody already knows the "surprise connection."
We do? If it's obvious and not a spoiler, remind me.
Old 03-07-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
We do? If it's obvious and not a spoiler, remind me.
Spoiler:

Probably Jack and Claire brother/sister ... rumor since last year when Jack's father showed up with Ana Lucia at some woman's door in Australia.
Old 03-07-07, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Spoiler:

Probably Jack and Claire brother/sister ... rumor since last year when Jack's father showed up with Ana Lucia at some woman's door in Australia.
Well that's a spoiler, so I can't read it. Thanks anyways.
Old 03-07-07, 10:52 PM

EDIT: I can't take a screenshot, but I'm sure somebody will. If he moved the bishop in to block, Locke still had his queen down there, so I'm pretty sure it was checkmate.
I went back and froze the frame in my TiVo (TiVo is a MUST for this show ). The queen is NOT in a position that calls for a checkmate. One or two moves later, maybe. But it makes no sense for the computer to admit defeat to a human...unless it cheated for Locke?? Patch man did say the computer cheats.
DVD Talk Legend

Well that's a spoiler, so I can't read it. Thanks anyways.
No Problem ... I figure it will tempt some people over the next week!
Retired

It is a spoiler, but it is something you should see coming from Season 2, so not a big one.
Old 03-07-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In a previous episode, Jack's father was in Sydney arguing with a blond Australian woman, at her house, wanting to see his daugher. That daughter would be Jack's half-sister.

OK, this daughter could possibly be blond, Australian, female, roughly Jack's age.

Speaking of Australians, I miss Walt's storyline. Oh well.
Old 03-07-07, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robertwoj

2) What camera was that watching the computer? What camera did patch-man disconnect when Locke saw him on the monitor in the other station? I would think NO camera would be working.

Old 03-07-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are some clues scattered about the episodes but nothing is really definitive regarding the Dharma/Hostile connection and what exactly happened. I'm wondering if they eventually answer this via a unqiue character flashback later in the series, like perhaps one featuring Ben.

Patchy states the hostiles were there much longer than Dharma, yet he himself just arrived supposedly somewhere after the Russian/Afghanistan era. Julie was recruited only three years back by Mittelos Bioscience. Were both recruited by Dharma, survived the "purge", and brainwashed by the Others like we have recently seen others?

The only thing we now know for sure is that when Dharma started on the island, probably in the late 70s to early 80s, the hostiles were a known about issue to Dharma. For some reason Hanso didn't want them taking over the Flame and being able to communicate with the outside world.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.