Veronica Mars -- "Mars, Bars" -- 02/20/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-07, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Mars, Bars" -- 02/20/07

"Mars, Bars"
Spoiler:
Without evidence to hold Veronica, Sheriff Lamb releases her from jail; Josh insists to Veronica that he is being framed for his father's murder; Logan joins Mac and Parker on a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt.

Originally Aired: February 20, 2007
Old 02-20-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This will be my first time watching this in HD.
Old 02-20-07, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks CW...don't bother having sound during this.
Old 02-20-07, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
This will be my first time watching this in HD.
It'd be nice if Pittsburgh ever got The CW in HD.
Old 02-20-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Son of a -- !

Getting added to the opening credits of Veronica Mars isn't a good career move.
Old 02-20-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
I can't believe they killed off Lamb!

Anywho, I hate next week will be the last VM for awhile. I hope it comes back.
Old 02-20-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Wow! Didn't expect that.

Lamb is dead, long live Sheriff Mars!
Old 02-20-07, 09:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by monkey42
Thanks CW...don't bother having sound during this.
That happened here last week - did you get the background music and stuff during certain scenes?

Damn, I liked Lamb.
Old 02-20-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that came out of left field... I really liked Lamb and his back and forth with VM.
Old 02-20-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Surprising and somewhat sad, but I enjoyed seeing Sheriff Mars back in action.
Old 02-20-07, 10:45 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Lamb's death was a shock and a loss.

Logan and Parker have goos chemistry together.
Old 02-20-07, 11:59 PM

The death of a Lamb, the Rise of a Mars....forboding forthwit!
Old 02-21-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Overall a good episode, even the Valentine's scavenger hunt.

Did Lamb say that he smelled bread for his dying words?

They did almost shoehorn in all the main cast except for Pizz in this episode.
Old 02-21-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didnt the girl who got raped last season (whom is in the credits) have a shaved head and wearing a wig? So, if she went into the Ocean, wouldn't it have gotten wet?

Good riddance Lamb. He was really getting old.

Did Lamb say that he smelled bread for his dying words?
Someone tells me that means Brain Damage.

Last edited by riley_dude; 02-21-07 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Good episode overall. The Lamb thing kinda caught me as cold because of the Keith sherriff move so quickly. Anyhow, teaser for next week looks good.
Old 02-21-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Since Neptune votes for sheriff, I'm thinking Keith was just placed as the acting sheriff and he won't stay in the office for too long. I didn't think it was that quick, given his history in the office and the need for it not to remain empty for too long.
Old 02-21-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Didnt the girl who got raped last season (whom is in the credits) have a shaved head and wearing a wig? So, if she went into the Ocean, wouldn't it have gotten wet?
I kind of wondered that myself. Though technically it happen in the 1st week of school (September), Parker had a full head of shoulder length hair by February?

I actually saw Lamb's death coming. I was frankly tired of that character and his buffoonery and bumbling staff ("Why wasn't an officer accompanying Josh in the ambulance?") were just annoying. Interesting that Keith can now pursue his own leads in the Dean's murder. AND they also wrapped up the coach's death!

So this episode had (almost) the whole gang! The only person not in it was Dick Casablancas.

This episode made me feel like the show is starting to wrap itself up. This was episode 14 of 22 so we may only have 8 more episodes of Mars goodness. Savour it!

Last edited by rfduncan; 02-21-07 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 09:27 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Good episode. lot happening and concluding. most of the characters, all used well. parker and logan hook up was inevitable. Missed pizz though.

I still say they need to turn Logan evil again. they can try to make Logan look all sugary sweet but the actor has a nasty way about him. He was much better when he was evil.

Glad to see the sheriff bite the dust, he was gettting annoying. Sheriff Mars should stay in that role for a while.
Old 02-21-07, 09:35 AM

I kind of wondered that myself. Though technically it happen in the 1st week of school (September), Parker had a full head of shoulder length hair by February?

I actually saw Lamb's death coming. I was frankly tired of that character and his buffoonery and bumbling staff ("Why wasn't an officer accompanying Josh in the ambulance?") were just annoying. Interesting that Keith can now pursue his own leads in the Dean's murder. AND they also wrapped up the coach's death!

So this episode had (almost) the whole gang! The only person not in it was Dick Casablancas.

This episode made me feel like the show is starting to wrap itself up. This was episode 14 of 22 so we may only have 8 more episodes of Mars goodness. Savour it!
6, CW only ordered 20 episodes this season.
Old 02-21-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved Lamb, so I was really sad to see him go. The episode in season two ("The Rapes of Grath") when Keith blackmailed Lamb with the photos of him with the girl still crack me up. "18--It's legal! Re-elect Sheriff Lamb"
Old 02-21-07, 01:06 PM

RIP Sheriff Lamb

I'm very disappointed he was killed off. He was a good rival for Keith and Veronica. I cracked up when he fired the gun inside the house only to discover he shot at the mirror.

Steve Botando has to be the killer. I say this for several reasons:

- By framing Mindy and Landry for the Dean's murder, Botando would get back custody of his kids.
- He has proven he can break into homes. He broke into Mindy's house and planted the egg on her car. He broke into Landry's house and stole his shirt and gloves which he used to kill the Dean. Landry's house is probably where he saw Veronica's paper and copied the "Goodbye Cruel World" line hoping the police would think Landry wrote this (after all he is the one that read Veronica's paper).

And we learned this week Landry had his phone bugged (I'm saying Botando did it). Botando also had his fingerprints on the Dean's computer.

Oh yeah the 2 episode Coach Barry "murder" mystery was interesting too. I didn't think it was a assisted suicide/suicide until Josh recieved a CD in his safety deposit box.
Old 02-21-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asianflow
- By framing Mindy and Landry for the Dean's murder, Botando would get back custody of his kids.
- He has proven he can break into homes. He broke into Mindy's house and planted the egg on her car. He broke into Landry's house and stole his shirt and gloves which he used to kill the Dean. Landry's house is probably where he saw Veronica's paper and copied the "Goodbye Cruel World" line hoping the police would think Landry wrote this (after all he is the one that read Veronica's paper).

And we learned this week Landry had his phone bugged (I'm saying Botando did it). Botando also had his fingerprints on the Dean's computer.
Except Botando was a drug addict, using. Where is this money coming from to bug a cellphone when his car was repo'ed? It sounded to me like it was a little more complicated than that. Of course it is easy to blame Botando now that he's dead. And how would he know to hide a small piece of eggshell in Mindy's wiper blade? Wouldn't Landry have said something about a break-in once the hidden gloves and shirt were found? Why hide something like that to implicate someone then never drop a tip to get it found by the police? I think there are so many details across the last few episodes that it could stack up to be several people still "in play".

Last edited by rfduncan; 02-21-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 01:38 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I don't think it's him simply because he's now dead.
Old 02-21-07, 01:40 PM

Except Botando was a drug addict, using. Where is this money coming from to bug a cellphone when his car was repo'ed? It sounded to me like it was a little more complicated than that. Of course it is easy to blame Botando now that he's dead. And how would he know to hide a small piece of eggshell in Mindy's wiper blade? Wouldn't Landry have said something about a break-in once the hidden gloves and shirt were found? Why hide something like that to implicate someone then never drop a tip to get it found by the police? I think there are so many details across the last few episodes that it could stack up to be several people still "in play".
Do we even know for sure if Botando is dead?
If he is dead, this would really throw the viewers off. After all most people would assume the killer is still alive.

I doubt Landry would have even noticed a pair of gloves and a shirt was missing from him closet.

The way I look at it there are only 5 potential suspects:

1) Dr. Landry
2) Mindy O'Dell
3) Steve Botando
4) Tim the TA
5) Mel Stolz

Options 4) and 5) have barely appeared in the past couple of episodes. Dr. Landry and Mindy O'Dell as the killers are too obvious.

Botando has the right motive to kill the Dean while framing Landry and Mindy.

Who do you guys think killed the Dean?

Last edited by asianflow; 02-21-07 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what a crappy way to send off Lamb. He's been criminally under used this season, so it's not too much of a loss. He was a great foil for Veronica and despite his incompetence at his job he was able to produce on occasion a few witty lines. He was also one of the very few regular quasi-antagonists left in the show. Logan and Weevil have both become Veronica's lap dogs and the rest have faded away.

I like Parker's perky trash talking personality so it was nice to see her and Mac out and about. If cared about the Logan/Veronica sappy romantic angle at all I would say it's kind of a douche move for both of them to see each other, but I'm really beyond caring. Also, why is it that I get a much stronger rapist/murderer vibe from Mac's current boyfriend than I did from her last one?

Also, I get the feeling that this isn't the first time Veronica has helped someone commit insurance fraud, but I can't remember the specifics. Offing yourself to cash in an existing policy without going thru a painful terminal disease is one thing, but taking out an additional policy and then faking the means of your death to invoke double indemnity is really sleazy.

@asianflow

While we have seen that Botando can break and enter, we haven't seen that he's capable of doing it without getting caught. He seems more the smash and grab/methhead type than stealthy thief. Plus he has never shown any interest in getting custody of his kid. Also, I don't think Botando can be both clever enough to put together this most subtle of setups and yet leave his prints all over the keyboard.

Last edited by wmansir; 02-21-07 at 01:49 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.