Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race All Stars -- Season Premiere -- 02/18/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated first?
David & Mary
46.88%
Dustin & Kandice
6.25%
Uchenna & Joyce
0%
Charla & Mirna
18.75%
Joe & Bill
0%
Rob & Amber
6.25%
Kevin & Drew
3.13%
Eric & Danielle
0%
Oswald & Danny
6.25%
Other (John Vito & Jill, Teri & Ian)
12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race All Stars -- Season Premiere -- 02/18/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
As for the ultimate winner, I'm going with John Vito & Jill. They really flew under the radar last time and are a really great team.

Nice call.
Old 02-18-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Nice call.
This is why I don't gamble! Maybe they should have paid more attention to the radar instead of flying under it. Very sad to see them go so soon...and all because of crappy directions.
Old 02-18-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Kentucky is mainly cannon fodder, as are Kevin and Drew. But the big surprise was who actually showed up in last place, never even thought that was a possibility on the leg to the first pitstop of the race.
Well, Kevin and Drew did almost get eliminated in the first leg last time before they got their act together. That having been said they don't seem to be in as good of shape this time around (and they weren't that great last time!).

John Vito/Jill seem like nice people, but they are so nondescript. I barely remember them from the third season. Going into the season I thought other than Eric/Dani (who aren't even a real team) they were the least "All Star" team. (Dave/Mary were sort of memorable, and Uchenna/Joyce while unremarkable actually won).

I still love watching Danny and Oswald.
Old 02-18-07, 11:05 PM

It constantly amazes me how many teams on past seasons get lost on the way to an area...but tonight 3 teams that have raced before and had a freaking map provided to them, went the wrong way!!?!?!

I'm sure all the Romber haters are feeling a little sick tonight. The team so many want to see gone dominated this first leg.

Glad to have the show back, it's great T.V.
Old 02-18-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF
Fuck you, fucking CBS. This shit is ridiculous. I bought a DVR specifically because I have better things to do than sit in front of my TV and wait to see when your fucking shows are going to air. I put up with this shit during football season; now you're fucking me over for golf? What the fuck!? Is it too much to ask that when you tell me a program will be on from 7 until 8, it actually airs from 7 until 8? And it's 2007 -- why the fuck do I not have an option to watch the episode on the internet or over iTunes?

Get your shit together, CBS.
Ditto. Fuck you CBS!!!!! I wish I was near the TV so I can pad the show
Old 02-18-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CBS says Amazing Race and Survivor are in HI Def on their scheduling site. For the HDTV folks, Did it look Hi Def? Was it widescreen?
Old 02-18-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Love All-Star editions. No time wasted learning new people. No scrubs - for the most part. I feel invested in a bunch of teams already.

Pretty impressive that Rob and Amber could spend a few hours on the other task, switch and still win fairly easily.
Old 02-18-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I dont think I can take a whole season of hearing Shmirnoff and Mirnoff saying "Rapido, Rapido, Rapido". I forgot how much that friggin annoyed me the first time. I want them "Disappeardo, disappeardo, disapperdo" and I want that Rapido!
Old 02-19-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
Pretty impressive that Rob and Amber could spend a few hours on the other task, switch and still win fairly easily.
I don't think they were actually 3 hours ahead of everyone, just a little Rob hyperbole. It was nice to see them back in form already.

I think it's going to be very interesting to watch Eric and Danielle on this race. I was impressed how they came back from a lackluster start to finish the leg fourth. If those two can do well, it'll say a lot about Eric as a racer.

I loved that preview for next week.
Old 02-19-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Screw you CBS!! I DVR the episode due to work related errands and missed the last 30 minutes of the show!! I have high def and the amazing race has never been in widescreen and in high def.
Old 02-19-07, 01:58 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
as I expected I hate charla and mirna again..

teri and ian have grown on me, the guido's too.
Uchenna and Joyche got little screen time today, but looks like Joyce spent some of the million on new boobs.

Real dissapointed that John and Jill are gone, I got so excited when I saw charla and mirna at the south gate, but when I saw JV and Jill there I knew it was done.
Old 02-19-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only started with TAR two season ago, so I don't know most of these folks. I can't believe the dudes went as far as they did on their RIM. haha.

Dustin and Kandice need to step up their game. Now.

I've only seen Rob and Amber on their respective Survivors, nothing else. So I think I'll root for them this time around. Amber could be my Dustin this season. I remember her spread in Stuff magazine.

Good to see David got his UK hat back from Alabama
Old 02-19-07, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Great to see Rob & Amber kicking butt again
Amen.

I love both of them, but Amber is really an amazing woman, imo.

If they win or, at least make a long run, this will make up for the horrible Survivor season.

I really hope JV and Jill make it together. They both seem really nice and they make a great couple.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 02-19-07 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-19-07, 07:11 AM

I was watching this on the CBS HD channel and It wasn't being broadcast in HD for me.

It sucks that we aren't getting Colin and Christie in the all star race. How did Kentucky make it into the all stars? Were they the back up if they couldn't get Colin and Christie?
Old 02-19-07, 07:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob and Amber aren't nearly as good as people think. Rob is just manipulative and Amber just smiles and goes along with it. The thing is, this time around everyone is in on their strategy so it shouldn't work.

They only won this leg because there was nothing to it. It was 1) drive to an airport 2) drive to a ranch 3) clip the toenails and hair of some horse. I know why CBS did it (they had to split time between 11 teams, so they couldn't focus on too many competitions), but it was really anyone's race.

I can't stand Mirna -- all she does is whine. Charla isn't much better.
Old 02-19-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I really dislike the casting of this season. There were so many more interesting personalities from the previous seasons than are represented.
Old 02-19-07, 08:17 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by matta
Rob and Amber aren't nearly as good as people think. Rob is just manipulative and Amber just smiles and goes along with it. The thing is, this time around everyone is in on their strategy so it shouldn't work.

They only won this leg because there was nothing to it. It was 1) drive to an airport 2) drive to a ranch 3) clip the toenails and hair of some horse. I know why CBS did it (they had to split time between 11 teams, so they couldn't focus on too many competitions), but it was really anyone's race.
Seriously, I love this comment that Rob & Amber are not that good.
Your right, Rob is manipulative, but Amber just smiles? This is far from the truth. Amber is just as manipulative as Rob when she needs to be. They are sneaky, underhanded, manipulative and many other adjectives that other people can think of also. This is what makes Rob & Ambera great Race team!! This is who they are. They are ultra-competitive and they know how to run the race. Rob is much smarter than the haters give him credit for and Amber is not just some smiling woman, she can be more manipulative than Rob at times.

Love them or hate them, I can understand why they drive people crazy. just do not tell me they are not that good!

Go Rob & Amber!! If they do not win, then I want Danny & Oswald or Teri & Ian!!
Old 02-19-07, 08:30 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by matta
Rob and Amber aren't nearly as good as people think.
They've come in first or second in nearly every leg of both races they've run so far.

Yeah, they suck.
Old 02-19-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaffe_02
It sucks that we aren't getting Colin and Christie in the all star race. How did Kentucky make it into the all stars? Were they the back up if they couldn't get Colin and Christie?
Christie was reportedly a few months pregnant at the time of filming, so they had to fall back to the bumbling Kentucky duo.
Old 02-19-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
They've come in first or second in nearly every leg of both races they've run so far.

Yeah, they suck.

Yep - they were always near the top of each leg in their previous race (the easy legs and the hard legs) and when they did struggle - such as Rob trying to eat several pounds of meat, he found a way out of it and manipulated the competition to his benefit.

I don't care if people hate Romber. Just be accurate when you describe their racing ability.
Old 02-19-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I had to be reminded again this year that it isn't the midget that annoys me so much as her yappy-ass cousin.

It didn't take Kentucky long to show how fucking stupid they are. They are so intent on screwing the blondes, they tell every other team about the early-arriving flight. Way to go dumbasses. If it is just you and the blondes on the later plane, you are toast. At least with some of the other lesser teams on the same flight as you, you have a chance of getting lucky. It was also pathetic to see them gushing over Rob/Amber and Midget.

What was in Kevin/Drew's backpack? It looked like everything he owns was in there. Or maybe just a portable respirator.

What was up with John Vito's comment about "America being sick of Rob and Amber?" Feelings of inadequacy just because he is as dull as a brick and has no personality himself.

It didn't take long for flames to shoot out of Danny/Oswald's ass.
Old 02-19-07, 10:06 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Neither Survivor or TAR are in High Def on CBS. They are not in widescreen and are not filmed with high def cameras and they probably won't be until it is forced upon them. The question has bee posed many times to Mark Burnett as well as the creator of TAR and they said that since there are so many cameras and that they are in such extreme elements, it just doesn't make sense for them to use HD cameras right now. Once all TV is forced to be HD, then they'll switch...if the shows are even still around then. I think it's a copout personally and that they are missing the boat with 2 highly rated shows not being in HD, especially with some of the great surroundings that are always there.
Old 02-19-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I definitely dislike Romber, but I'll never deny that they are great racers. I just get sick of Rob's trash-talking and smug attitude, even if he's got the ability to back it up. I guess I don't care for the whole "reality celebrities" thing. But anyways...

Decent opening, although its a shame so many teams got lost so easily. By this point they should know that the right way to find a place is to follow a taxi driver. Also I didn't watch the season with Kevin and Drew, but man, I fail to see anything "All-Star" in those two.
Old 02-19-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
Also I didn't watch the season with Kevin and Drew, but man, I fail to see anything "All-Star" in those two.
Unfortunately, many of the teams have nothing "all-star" in them.
Old 02-19-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The lack of Colin and Christie and the inclusion of Mirna/Schmirna convinced me not to watch this edition. But I'll continue to root for Romber from the non-viewer sideline.

Come to think of it - this might be the third season in a row that I haven't watched.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.