Reload this Page >

The Sarah Silverman Program - "Positively Negative" - 2/15/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-15-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sarah gets an AIDS test to cure herself of the blahs. Jay has a birthday party for the first time.
Old 02-15-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

at Joan the Dispatcher.
Old 02-15-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
at Joan the Dispatcher.
3 episodes in, was wondering when Sarah was going to have her boyfriend on. OK episode.
Old 02-16-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from EW.com: Comedy Central has renewed The Sarah Silverman Program for a second season...
Old 02-17-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Eva Peron anyone? Not as strong this time, but what Sarah wrote down on the paper for the nurse was pretty good. "I'm kinda OCD like that."
Old 02-18-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I couldn't stop laughing and it was even more funny because all this happened to her in one day.
"We can send a man to the moon. We can send a man with Aids to the moon and some day we can send all people with Aids to the moon."
Old 02-20-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought this was the weakest episode yet. Man, was Kimmel ugly! Loved how he kept a straight face.
Old 02-20-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
from EW.com: Comedy Central has renewed The Sarah Silverman Program for a second season...
Hmmm. I wonder when I'LL get a show there too.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy this show, but it is certainly nothing special. Sarah's egomaniacability is a little too overbearing to be a "device" and still be funny. It was fine in last week's homeless guy episode, but this was just a major yawner to me. I can't even tell you how it ended.
Old 02-20-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts
Hmm, maybe I'm easily amused, but I've found all three episodes to be howlingly funny. Sure, a little clunky in spots, especially that second episode, but there are many hilarious moments crammed into each half hour. And I love the songs.
Old 02-20-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I've really liked all the episodes so far, too. I find a lot of shows very predictable, so a show in which I'm not guessing dialogue before it's spoken is refreshing to me.

Jay: You have what?
Sarah: Aids, Jay. Billions of them.

Jay: What kind of a maniac interrupts a BRUNCH with the mere possibility of AIDS?
Old 02-20-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by FunkDaddy J
Hmm, maybe I'm easily amused, but I've found all three episodes to be howlingly funny. Sure, a little clunky in spots, especially that second episode, but there are many hilarious moments crammed into each half hour. And I love the songs.
Me too!!
Old 02-21-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by FunkDaddy J
I hate, hate, HATE SS. But I caught this episode, and was shocked at how funny it was. Maybe I just like that kind of asshole humor, but man, this was funny. That scene with the nurse was a milk-spitter. "How many times have you tried anal sex". "Oh, one or ten".

Put another way, at least it's not some hack saying beaner and talking like a retard every 10 seconds, Ned.
Old 02-21-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I personally keep trying to give this show a chance and yet episode I am severely dissapointed with the over the top humor. I mean, she maxed out a credit card account and done all this and everything is okay? Not to mention the songs that pop up in each episode are just downright annoying.
Old 02-21-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
I'm enjoying the show a great deal, the 3rd ep was my least favorite but still had some memorable moments.

"There's two numbers here." "Oh, that number is just for the front. " "It's the same number." "I'm kind of OCD like that."

Doesn't hurt that I'm easily amused, enjoy the songs for the most part as well, though nothing truly memorable (There were a few good ones in the movie.)

Last edited by RichC2; 02-21-07 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brutally unfunny.
Old 02-22-07, 11:16 PM
Banned

Just watched this episode. I thought it was hilarious. I've decided to look past the absolutely horrible songs and just enjoy it.

(talking to her dog)"You don't have AIDS and I love you just as much as if you DID have AIDS. Maybe ever more!"

Also loved the part about putting everybody with AIDS on the moon. The rally was great. Wish we would have seen Jewel.