Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Fiji - 2/15/07

Episode 2

Title:

Spoiler:
Snakes Are Misunderstood ... We Have an Understanding Now

Description:

Spoiler:
Hunger and dehydration take their toll on the Ravu tribe, while the Moto tribe continues to live comfortably in a luxurious shelter.

Pre-season Thread
Old 02-15-07, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
No poll?

I say, somehow, Dreamz gets put to sleep.
Old 02-15-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't catch the first ep, but is there anyone on this cast, from either tribe, that I'm supposed to like?

This is the worst cast in Survivor history.
Old 02-15-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This season suck. The only eye candy was voted out last week. Sylvia is annoying as hell.
Old 02-15-07, 09:17 PM

I just don't get all the hate for this season, for I am digging it and I pretty much like almost all of the Survivors, even Dreamz, who seemed to redeem himself in tonights episode, although I would agree that Slyvia is annoying, and should have been the one voted out tonight.
Old 02-15-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Yau-Man is still the man (giving Sylvia a big hug and feel up to sneak a peek in her bag).

Not liking this "camp of luxury" thing one bit. Unless the producers do something to shake it up, I just don't see the point. Why not just put them in a 5-star hotel and be done with it? It's not making my watching the show more interesting. It's making it less interesting for a couple of reasons: part of the show is to watch people try to "survive", and they're just blowing that aspect of the show for half the contestants. And having one tribe starving, dehydrated, and tired makes it feel like a mismatch (even though they did well in the physical part tonight). And I don't find mismatches interesting to watch.
Old 02-15-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Boo should just go home now or he may end up dead.
Old 02-15-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
These scrubs are like extras from some B-List movie. Clearly rejects who applied and failed to get on previous seasons.
Old 02-16-07, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Finisher
These scrubs are like extras from some B-List movie. Clearly rejects who applied and failed to get on previous seasons.

According to Jiffy Pop, only 1 person this season actually applied...the rest were recruited. Sadly this is how Survivor has been the past few years and why the show isn't near as good as the early seasons.
Old 02-16-07, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
According to Jiffy Pop, only 1 person this season actually applied...the rest were recruited.
That checks out. Hard to believe. Guess they are actively seeking out inarticulate, unmemorable dullards.

Apparently Rita is Nick (Project Runway Season 2) Verreos' sister.
Old 02-16-07, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
This season suck. The only eye candy was voted out last week. Sylvia is annoying as hell.
Meh Rita is just as good looking as Jessica was IMO.
Old 02-16-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm afraid that this is one of those rare Survivor seasons in which I bow out. After two weeks I don't care about any of the players and I'm not interested in the location. I wound up fast forwarding through the entire episode last night which is never a good sign. See you all next season.
Old 02-16-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for the cast, I'm only digging Yau Man right now.

I'm still on the fence about the show, but I did like that the tribes were actually shown exploring huge swaths of the island last night. I can't remember prior seasons showing anyone venture so far from their home base.

And while I sort of hate the idea of so much of the cast being recruited, I do like that most of them are clueless newbies and not the super-savvy players like Jonathan and Yul from last season. I enjoyed those two, but there's somthing col about watching Dreamz and Rocky so far out of their element, with no agendas, trying to play the game with little prior knowledge of the show. Reminds me of season 1 a little.

Last edited by TimeandTide; 02-16-07 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-16-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Reminds me of season 1 a little.
I know what you're saying, but season 1 also had a GREAT cast.

And I'm saying that it wasn't late in the show or after that you realized it. I knew that was an excellent bunch of people to watch on this "new" show pretty much right out of the box.

Even if it does get better and I don't think I'll watch it enough to know (that's how awful I feel about this group and I've never said that before), this cast will never been in the neighborhood of season 1 or any the top casts.

I've never not wanted to watch and I have almost no interest at all and it's because of these people. It's not hyberbole for me. I'm mystified that they thought this group was worthy of being cast for this show.
Old 02-16-07, 12:05 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

It may be obvious to point this out, but this cast is being compared to every other season. If this was season 1, they'd be great.
Old 02-16-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I thought it was stupid to send a different person to Exile Island. You should keep voting the same person there to narrow the possibilities of who might possess the hidden Idol.

Frankly, I don't like the new rules they set up this season. I don't like that the same tribe gets to stay at the luxury camp just for winning the first challenge. I don't like that the hidden immunity Idol can only be used through the F5. It should go longer. I also don't like that you have to declare it prior to the vote tally.
Old 02-16-07, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by brainee
Not liking this "camp of luxury" thing one bit. Unless the producers do something to shake it up, I just don't see the point. Why not just put them in a 5-star hotel and be done with it? It's not making my watching the show more interesting. It's making it less interesting for a couple of reasons: part of the show is to watch people try to "survive", and they're just blowing that aspect of the show for half the contestants.
Feels like I was watching The Apprentice. Oh wait, watching The Apprentice felt like watching Survivor. No, wait.....

Oh, great! Now even I'M confused about what I'm watching!
Old 02-16-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nex thing you know, the next immunity challenge will involve collecting honey from bee's...
Old 02-16-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Again it seems CBS is only giving one combined reward/immunity challenge per episode early on.

Also of note is the how they trivialized the power of the hidden immunity idol. While there will be potentially two in play, each is only good to the final 5 and the person with it must use it before the votes are revealed.

Blah so far for this season.
Old 02-16-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where's the love for Michelle?
Old 02-16-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Frankly, I don't like the new rules they set up this season. I don't like that the same tribe gets to stay at the luxury camp just for winning the first challenge.
I believe they have to KEEP winning to stay there. I thought Jeff said so last night - but I was watching live, not recorded, and can't check.

Of course, staying in the good camp, getting fed, rested, etc probably gives you an edge in challenges.
Old 02-16-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I don't believe Jeff said that - I was specifically on the look-out for that. He said that the winners got 3 things: 1) Immunity, 2) the fishing equipment, and 3) the right to exile a member of the opposition to exile island. Plus the losing tribe from before would get flint had they won (which they presumably would not need if they got to go to the luxury camp).
Old 02-16-07, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Also of note is the how they trivialized the power of the hidden immunity idol. While there will be potentially two in play, each is only good to the final 5 and the person with it must use it before the votes are revealed.

It's power needed trivialized and I wish they would get rid of the immunity idol totally. It's stupid that you lose a challenge and as a reward for losing you are given a chance to find the most powerful item in the game. Couple that with recruited players that aren't game savvy enough to flush the idol out(like last season) and it's a cakewalk to the final 4 with it.

Survivor needs to get back to being Survivor. Sadly the last true season of Survivor was in Marquesas...but ever since Paschal was in such bad shape he missed a tribal council, the game has changed. As they said on last night's show, these people probably have more food around them...or given as rewards...than some families have in their refrigerators. The only hardship they really endure is lack of water..and that's simply because these clueless recruits don't get that it may be a good idea to learn how to make fire before shipping out. Christ, look at that final 4 fire starting challenge last season. Those two nitwits couldn't make fire with flints and damn near failed with matches! Perfect example why they need to stop recruiting players.
Old 02-16-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I think they are simply trying to get someone to actually use the HII for a change.
Old 02-17-07, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
At least this episode answered the question of whether they'd gotten rid of the opening credits altogether or whether they were waiting for tribes to form

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.