TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office "Business School" 02/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 10:51 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Ryan's intro of Michael was great.

Loved Stanley's "Goodbye" as he's putting on his jacket and walking out the door.
Old 02-15-07, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Your art...was the prettiest art...of all the art"

My side still hurts from that line.
Old 02-15-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I also liked it when Michael pelted the guy with the 100 Grand.
Old 02-15-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Omg

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
"Hold still woman!"

"You're welcome."
This is hiro11's wife BUT I had to write in b/c I almost peed in my pants during this scene. My dh had just bought me over a nice hot cup of decaf and I was so afraid of spilling it due to me laughing so hard...I almost got coffee stains all over our Pottery Barn couch. And the scene with him using chocolate bars as "props" for his lecture. OMG -One of the best episodes EVER.
Old 02-15-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

a tip

Wait, you didn't put a plastic bag over one of the women's head as the bat hovered nearby?!? Don't you wished you had thought of that? :-)

Originally Posted by redskull
Man, Pam standing there in fron of her little exhibit was probably the saddest and most pitiful thing I've ever seen. I really felt bad for her.

I'm still trying to figure out if Roy is sincere or feigning interest in order to win Pam back. I'm leaning toward the latter.

For the record, a bat got indoors at a place I used to work one time. It was flying up and down a really long hallway, and eventually it was became so worn out and was flapping so slowly I could have probably swatted it out of the air. Of course all the women at work freaked out (sorry ladies, but they did) and screamed and ran; the exact behavior and motion that drew the bat right to them. I yelled to them to just stop and stand still and its echolocation would see them as "objects" and it would fly right around them. Of course they didn't listen and it "chased" them until they holed up in a closet. It headed back toward me and I stood rock still, and sure enough, it totally ignored me and flew past, into another section of the building. Just some advice for the next time a bat gets in anyone's office.
Old 02-15-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was expecting Jim to show up at the art show; that's why I'm glad he didn't.
Old 02-15-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think that Pam just figured out Roy is still old Roy, but with better lines.
Old 02-15-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was on the floor when Michael mentioned the cheese pita fire. It seemed like it came out of his mouth like he thinks about it everyday just waiting to bring it up.
Old 02-15-07, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
A Vampire episode directed by Joss Whedon....simply awesome!
Old 02-15-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Loved the episode overall, though I think some here are giving Whedon way too much credit. The writer of the ep, Brent Forrester (who also wrote "The Merger"), should be getting the lion's share of the kudos. And apparently JJ Abrams is directing next week's ep?!

Pam getting back together with Roy initially shocked me, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that is exactly something she would do. I just hope this will help put the first nail in Jim-Pam romance coffin; it starting to wear a bit thin for me.
Old 02-15-07, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Originally Posted by MWB
I was expecting Jim to show up at the art show; that's why I'm glad he didn't.
I kept imagining that somewhere at some time that night Jim was trying to find an excuse to go but couldn't because he was spending the evening with Karen.
Old 02-16-07, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Loved the episode overall, though I think some here are giving Whedon way too much credit.
The Whedon Zombies wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't heaping praise upon him at every opportunity.
Old 02-16-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by redskull
still trying to figure out if Roy is sincere or feigning interest in order to win Pam back. I'm leaning toward the latter.
"Your art is the most beautiful art out of all the art."
Old 02-16-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very good episode! Dwight's garbage bag bat-wrangling being the highlight, and probably the funniest scene of the show's run so far. I'm still cracking up thinking about that scene.

The art show scene got to me, too. It is difficult not be moved by Jenna Fischer's ability to project a wonderful combination of sweetness and vulnerability in her characterization.

And even though the Michael scene in the business school was nearly as cringe-inducing as Phyllis's wedding, it did have several funny moments. Especially when he was berating the students for "living in an ivory tower" and then, after glancing over at Ryan's black professor, "and in an ebony tower."

Old 02-16-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Angela doing the Stop, Drop, and Roll was pretty funny.
Oh, totally. What was she saying when she was on the ground. I couldn't make out what she was mumbling.

I loved how everyone had a funny moment. Oscar and his partner were ok. But it was cliche' (not in an offensive way, imo) to have the two gay men go to an art exhibit.

Kevin's line: "I'm a hero."

Stanley: "I'm outta here."

Karen was a flat character today, but she seems to be most of the time, unless she's pining over Jim. (But I found her fun and attractive singing along "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" in the wedding episode.)

And of course Roy's line I just previously mentioned.

Jim's pranks haven't got old so far. I hope they don't. I could see it happening if he's pulling one in every episode. (Last week's Pavlov-type of prank was funny as well.)

Kelly has some cheesy lines sometimes. Like her lines at the very end of the episode when BJ's character moves his desk next to hers.

All in all, one of my favorite episodes. But I don't think I would like it half as much if weren't for Rainn Wilson's character, Dwight. The funniest character, imo.
Old 02-16-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by groovrbaby
"Your art...was the prettiest art...of all the art"

My side still hurts from that line.
Oops, sorry to c-block you with that line. I didn't get to page 3 yet when I typed up the line myself.

Another funny scene was when Pam was hugging Michael, and asked him if there was something in his pocket. I totally expected him to get embarrassed as if he had just pitched his tent.

But when he said "Chunky", I started laughing as he was pulling it out of his pocket. How in the world was he going to incorporate that into his "candy bar" speech? I guess he was saving that one for himself.
Old 02-16-07, 12:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Oh, totally. What was she saying when she was on the ground. I couldn't make out what she was mumbling.
I think she was mumbling a prayer of some sort (I couldn't make out which one).
Old 02-16-07, 12:28 AM
Banned

Joss Whedon Why did they have to bring that hack in?

That said, the episode was pretty good. Probably not Joss's doing though.
Old 02-16-07, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
And even though the Michael scene in the business school was nearly as cringe-inducing as Phyllis's wedding, it did have several funny moments. Especially when he was berating the students for "living in an ivory tower" and then, after glancing over at Ryan's black professor, "and in an ebony tower."

Loved that line. Heck, I thought the whole scene at the college was great.
Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Karen was a flat character today, but she seems to be most of the time, unless she's pining over Jim. (But I found her fun and attractive singing along "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" in the wedding episode.)
Liked that scene as well, for she was just so cute in it. I wasn't too keen on Karen when we first met her(she made fun of Jim and the goofy faces he makes), but she has won me over.
Old 02-16-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
That said, the episode was pretty good. Probably not Joss's doing though.
Any monkey that can hold a camera... It could've been worse. This thread could've been titled "Joss Whedon's the Office"..

Anyways, I was initially disappointed when I thought this was yet another episode taking place outside the office, but Michael fixed all that. And, i'm kinda glad that Pam is with Roy and Jim didn't hit the exhibit. Though, i'm sure that's not going to last long dammit. I just want them to move on.
Old 02-16-07, 02:14 AM

Great ep with an awesome ending. I nearly fell out the chair when Dwigt fell down Though he does seem to be getting a bit toooooo gullible
Old 02-16-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
"What they do isn't art" was the best line of the night for me. And there were at least 4 or 5 laugh out loud moments.
Old 02-16-07, 07:38 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Profit is like money, so they can buy Playstations...and...Beanie Babies.
GREAT stuff & superb episode all around. Dwight went FLYING off that desk when the bat took flight. Simply awesome.
Old 02-16-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
"I shot a werewolf once."
Old 02-16-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trelach24
"What they do isn't art" was the best line of the night for me. And there were at least 4 or 5 laugh out loud moments.
Haha. I thought for a second Toby was finally going to muster up the courage to ask her out, only to get slammed down because she's dating Roy again. Though, I don't know what's going on with that other girl he was with at the Wedding.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.