TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill 2/14/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One Tree Hill 2/14/07

This episode had so many things going on, I thought I was going to lose count:

Dan buys Lucas an Armani tux to ease his guilty conscience.

Dan even finds a way to ask Karen to the prom, after all these years.

Mouth and Queen Clean Teen do the deed, and the aftermath turns out to be Mouth's worse night yet.

Rachel takes the fall for Brooke's stupidity, and ends up getting Hailey tossed out of the Tutor program. Later, at the party, Hailey throws a drink in Rachel's face and slaps her hard across the face, and then gets her kicked out of the party.

Later, at the same party, Peyton pops in a tape of Nate's Greatest Hits (supposedly basketball highlights), Nathan's previous sexual history is on display, and the unkindest cut of all reveals Nathan's hookup with Brooke a few years ago. It wasn't Hailey's night.
Old 02-14-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Fun episode.

Way to go Mouth. Poor Mouth.

at Hailey's "with or without clothes" Rachel question. Then the bitch slap. Nice.

Great twist at the end. Didn't see that coming.
Old 02-14-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really thought it was going to be reveal that it was Rachel in bed with Nathan.
Old 02-14-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Fun episode.

Way to go Mouth. Poor Mouth.

at Hailey's "with or without clothes" Rachel question. Then the bitch slap. Nice.

Great twist at the end. Didn't see that coming.

Agreed on all points.

I was cheering for Mouth. Then afterwards, I thought that he needs to be on suicide watch. Mouth can't seem to catch a break. Poor bastard.

Hailey...hell yea. She was great tonight.

The reveal in the tape? Holy shit! That's awesome.
Old 02-15-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Great episode tonight, because Mouth finally got laid. But quickly learns that screwing a clean teen wouldn't last, now he will hopefully get on Rachel since he has some experience. It was sad to see that Rachel will be the one who gets expelled as what the preview looks like. The twist at the end will hopefully make for an interesting prom. I wish Lucas could just smell the guilt off of Dan for killing Keith with buying that Tux for him.
Old 02-15-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoyable episode, although, for me, once they cut away from the tape to an extended scene between Brooke and Nate in the yard it pretty much telegraphed who the person in question would be.
Old 02-15-07, 01:09 AM

I think the whole Clean Teen plot is pretty stupid.
Old 02-15-07, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I think the whole Clean Teen plot is pretty stupid.
You're not the only one.
Old 02-15-07, 02:05 AM

That was much better than last week's dreadful episode. I like it a lot more when people on this show are fighting with each other.
Old 02-15-07, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its a fun show. They have definitely lost some of the edge to the show. Next week looks promising.

From the picture it looks like Dan went to the prom with Frida Kahlo.

There was a realy bizarre laugh at the very last second of the show.
Old 02-16-07, 04:04 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
great fun episode
Old 02-16-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I found this episode very entertaining!

Personally I like the clean-teen subplot (and I'm kinda hoping that both the CTQueen and Chase stick around for atleast the rest of the season).

The tape I think though is taking the show a little far, especially since it was obviously several years old, so it really shouldn't matter that much
Old 02-16-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anything I think the Brooke and Nathan sextape is a great idea. Because Brooke has always been mad at Peyton over Lucas for almost the entire series. Now Peyton has every right to be mad at Brooke over this even though Peyton and Nathan didn't last very long.
Old 02-16-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am starting to worry that One tree HIll won't comeback next year, ever since it came back form Hiatus in January, it has gotten slaughtered in the rating by American Idol. The purposed fifth season sounds intriguing, I just hope it happens.
Old 02-16-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I am starting to worry that One tree HIll won't comeback next year, ever since it came back form Hiatus in January, it has gotten slaughtered in the rating by American Idol. The purposed fifth season sounds intriguing, I just hope it happens.
While the ratings havn't been stellar, they are an improvement from last year (actually a dramatic improvement), and they continuously pull in usually second place in the female demos, and they arn't the lowest watched show on the network.

I think the improvement with the ratings, plus the cheapest of the show, and the fact that season 5 sounds like a completely revamped show (ie easier to producer/market, pretty much any cast members can stay/leave, and it will be easy for newbies to join in)... and since CW hasn't greenlighted a lot of pilots and '7th Heaven' is pretty much gaurenteed (once again) to be leaving after May... I think we have a shot!
Old 02-16-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Frankly, I've been operating under the premise that this would be the final season.

S5 would be interesting. Would they pull a 90210 and have everyone attending the same college - not exactly realistic. It would probably also mean that Nathan would not be attending Duke - they would have to make up some fictitious college. Tree Hill University?
Old 02-16-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The idea as I have read from interviews from series creator Mark Schwann as well as the CW message boards would be that season 5 would pick up four or five years down the road and just skip college all together. It makes sense because they can completely revamp the show with new stories, but also all of the actors are mostly around 22-25 anyway so it would be more fitting for them.
Old 02-16-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
The idea as I have read from interviews from series creator Mark Schwann as well as the CW message boards would be that season 5 would pick up four or five years down the road and just skip college all together. It makes sense because they can completely revamp the show with new stories, but also all of the actors are mostly around 22-25 anyway so it would be more fitting for them.

Not a bad idea.