Old 02-09-07, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do we know if the Mittelos site is "official?"
Old 02-09-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shemp
Could Ben be Rachel's kid? Might Ben only be 3 years old! Oh, boy.
That would certainly give Juliet a good reason for wanting to kill him.
Old 02-09-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting link about what was on the page of the book that Aldo was reading:

http://www.thetailsection.com/lost_s...esearching.php
Old 02-09-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Aldo (the guard) was reading Chapter 7 - Black Holes Ain't so Black by Stephen Hawkings.

exact pages he was reading:

Old 02-09-07, 02:40 PM

In keeping with the "biblical" theory, Rachel was a wife of Jacob who was barren for many years, then concieved 2 sons, Benjamin and Joseph (and his Technicolor coat.)
Old 02-09-07, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by groovrbaby
In keeping with the "biblical" theory, Rachel was a wife of Jacob who was barren for many years, then concieved 2 sons, Benjamin and Joseph (and his Technicolor coat.)
She conceived his coat ?!?!
Old 02-09-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
Final Destination is from 2000, and I think that Felicity episode is from 99 or 2000, so its close. But I said Felicity because JJ Abrams worked on that show as well.
IIRC 'Bride of Chucky' from '98 did it first.
Old 02-09-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
IIRC 'Bride of Chucky' from '98 did it first.
Did BofC come out before "Meet Joe Black" (also in '98)? That's one of the first times I remember seeing it.
Old 02-09-07, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,212 Likes on 2,072 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
I am so sick of the same dialogue style in many shows today and Lost uses it way too much. I guess they do it for the stupid people out there but I hate it when someone will ask another character about something earlier in an episode or previous one but ask it vaguely so the other person has to question what they mean. Then they ask it again but go into detail of what was said earlier. For instance (paraphrasing)

Jack: "Tell me"
Kate: "Tell you what?"
Jack: "Tell me the story you told me on the beach when we first crashed"

OR

Jack: "What did he say"
Juliet: "What did who say?"
Jack: "What did Ben say to you in the operating room to change your mind"

Does this drive anyone else nuts?
That's my theory as to why SportsNight failed. I don't notice it so much on Lost though.

How selfish can Juliette and her sister be?! "I've always wanted a baby! Now all I have to do is get better." Yeah? what if you don't get better? Poor child.

Best part of the episode was seeing Sawyer FINALLY kick the shit out of Danny.
Old 02-09-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
Was that Calamity Jane from Deadwood? (her sick sister in Miami)
You're @#$%$##$$ right is was! Oops! I owe you a penny.
Old 02-09-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Another easter egg has been found. The video from the "Clockwork Orange" scene played backwards contains the following qoute.

"Only Fools Are Enslaved by Time and Space"

Link
Old 02-10-07, 12:53 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wonder if this show will last another 2 seasons?
Old 02-10-07, 03:21 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Note to Sawyer - When you have a chance to kill someone who has held you caged for weeks on end and tortured you, fucking kill them ! Don't dick around and play noble hero!

I want to see Sayid go bad ass on someone real bad. I couldn't care less if Jack dies now, hes annoying.
Old 02-10-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Another easter egg has been found. The video from the "Clockwork Orange" scene played backwards contains the following qoute.

"Only Fools Are Enslaved by Time and Space"

Link
That's awesome!
Old 02-10-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Note to Sawyer - When you have a chance to kill someone who has held you caged for weeks on end and tortured you, fucking kill them ! Don't dick around and play noble hero!

I want to see Sayid go bad ass on someone real bad. I couldn't care less if Jack dies now, hes annoying.
If all you want to see is murder and torture, go watch 24.
Old 02-10-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
It may but I think it will be limping along by that point. Viewers who are drawn to games show and reality shows don't have to patience to watch something as complicated as this. The plot is just spinning out of control. Many people I know just don't care anymore.
I blame this on ABC for demanding to have this show move slower plot wise.
Cover story on Entertainment Weekly states that they will start giving us answers but we have heard it all before.

Last edited by riley_dude; 02-10-07 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-10-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

after listening to the reverse-audio and reading some of the comments that were on that site, I now believe that this island exists in a parallel, lost, universe. Somehow the "Others" had complete control over this island, and (through the entering of the numbers) were able to keep this universe seperate from the one we know. So, when the numbers weren't pressed, the plane was in that area, and was pulled into it. And when they weren't pressed again, it made it so that (for a brief moment) the island could be seen (as the Antarctic ship saw the magnetic pulse) before the key was turned.

Perhaps the flashbacks are glimpses into times when the lines crossed up. And maybe the "chosen" ones were picked because their timelines got hosed up and the Others were trying to set things right.

Or maybe the rum is getting to me tonight
Old 02-11-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
It certainly will. I still maintain that the last episode of this series will be from a shortened season 5 with episode 108.
Old 02-11-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
after listening to the reverse-audio and reading some of the comments that were on that site, I now believe that this island exists in a parallel, lost, universe. Somehow the "Others" had complete control over this island, and (through the entering of the numbers) were able to keep this universe seperate from the one we know. So, when the numbers weren't pressed, the plane was in that area, and was pulled into it. And when they weren't pressed again, it made it so that (for a brief moment) the island could be seen (as the Antarctic ship saw the magnetic pulse) before the key was turned.

Perhaps the flashbacks are glimpses into times when the lines crossed up. And maybe the "chosen" ones were picked because their timelines got hosed up and the Others were trying to set things right.

Or maybe the rum is getting to me tonight
Sounds like the Dark Tower. And we all know what big fans of Stephen King the producers are.
Old 02-11-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sounds like the Dark Tower. And we all know what big fans of Stephen King the producers are.
And vise versa, maybe they'll bring King on as a writer for the final season.. that'd be funny.
Old 02-11-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Speaking of that, Carrie was once again on the nightstand next to the sister's bed in the beginning of this episode.
Old 02-11-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Unfortunately the alternate reality/universe idea would be negated by that long lost "everthing can be explained in reality/science" line they fed the fans during season 1.
Old 02-11-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
They can have Stephen Hawking show up like they did on the Ray Romano episode of The Simpsons, and he can give the scientific explaination to anything (in The Simpsons case, it was how a blackhole showed up and absorbed the light in front of him causing Ray to be temporarily invisible.)
Old 02-11-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Unfortunately the alternate reality/universe idea would be negated by that long lost "everything can be explained in reality/science" line they fed the fans during season 1.
Alternate universes are absolutely explainable in theoretical sciences: Bubble theory, Wheeler's oscillating universe theory, Hubble's theory, string / m theory, Open Multiverse, etc.

I still hate it for the show, but it's definitely explainable.
Old 02-11-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unfortunately the alternate reality/universe idea would be negated by that long lost "everthing can be explained in reality/science" line they fed the fans during season 1.
Since the monster was revealed to be a cloud of black smoke, I don't think they will be going by that rule anymore. But I still think they intend to give satisfying explanations. However irrational they might be, they will still be satisfying.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.