Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares will debut on FOX (TBA)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-03-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts

Our favorite foul-mouthed chef will have another show on FOX. His other British show "Kitchen Nightmares" will make it's debut in the U.S. on FOX. Looks like the same producers of Hell's Kitchen are handling this.

By the way, it mentions that Hell's Kitchen will return this Spring.

From thefutconcritic.com

“HELL’S KITCHEN”’S FIERY CHEF GORDON RAMSAY RETURNS TO FOX WITH “KITCHEN NIGHTMARES”
Released by FOX
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLS KITCHENS FIERY CHEF GORDON RAMSAY RETURNS TO FOX WITH KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

Hell hath no fury like an angry chef, and no chef has a sharper temper than Gordon Ramsay when things go wrong in the kitchen. The star of the highly rated culinary boot camp HELLS KITCHEN returns to FOX with another sizzling unscripted series, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES. This time, Chef Ramsay hits the road, in each episode tackling a restaurant in crisis and exposing the stressful realities of trying to run a successful food business. KITCHEN NIGHTMARES starts production in February, while the third season of HELLS KITCHEN starts production later this month and will premiere on FOX this spring.

For restaurant owners in crisis with lazy chefs in the kitchen, temperamental wait staffs and few and unhappy diners, its time to call in the restaurant industrys equivalent of 911.

Inspired by one of the UKs biggest hits, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is seen in more than 50 territories around the globe, and the series reveals a whole new side to Ramsay. Hes still prone to the explosive outbursts and spectacular confrontations familiar to fans of HELLS KITCHEN, but he also shows his sensitive and nurturing side a unique blend of fury, passion, inspirational leadership and tough love that can turn a small spark of talent into a roaring flame.

Feared and revered in equal measure, Ramsay has to galvanize owners, chefs and their kitchen brigades as he attempts to turn around the fortunes of each restaurant in just one week and save them from their living nightmares.

Theres no time for polite small talk as Ramsay embarks on his mission to turn things around. If the wine waiters service isnt up to par, hell be out the door before he can say merlot. If the head chef doesnt match up to Ramsays expectations, Ramsay will hammer him into shape, and if he cant stand the heat, he may quit the kitchen.

Ramsays reputation is on the line, so theres bound to be high blood pressure, raised voices and serious clashes as he attempts to do the impossible: turn a deserted dining room into the most sought-after venue in town in just a week.

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is from Granada America based on a format by Optomen Television. Executive producers are Arthur Smith, Pat Llewellyn, Kent Weed, Gerry McKean and Curt Northrup.
Old 01-03-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome!
Old 01-03-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the eps that are already airing on BBCA. I'm affraid this will be a similar Americanized bastardization that Hell's Kitchen was when it was imported from the UK.

Or am I wrong in that it will not be a new series filmed for/in the US, but rather reruns of what has aired to date in the UK?
Old 01-03-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nightmares is a really good show. If you just watched Hell's Kitchen you'd never get a true feeling for Ramsay at all.
Old 01-03-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I believe the article says they are going on the road in February to shoot Kitchen Nightmares here in the U.S. So yes, it's an Americanized version of the show. But I think it's got alot of potential since there are probably thousands of filthy restaurants across America.
Old 01-03-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
I'm affraid this will be a similar Americanized bastardization that Hell's Kitchen was when it was imported from the UK.
Like what?

Anyway, I've watched this show before and it's good. There are some really nasty kitchens with clueless cooks on that show.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-03-07 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 06:14 PM
Cool New Member

freakin love the show..
Old 01-03-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by iggystar
Nightmares is a really good show. If you just watched Hell's Kitchen you'd never get a true feeling for Ramsay at all.
I totally agree. Ramsay is much more personable in Nightmares and it's a much better show for it. Although my wife hates it that they have a shot of him shirtless in every episode on BBCA.
Old 01-03-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I can't wait to hear Ramsay dropping F bombs left and right at some of the shitty kitchens here in the States.
Old 01-03-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My worry here is that the Americanized version will go for shock factor in showing as piss poor a restaurant as possible, rather than a restaurant with some good ideas that is on the wrong track, like the British version used. I'd much rather see a show focused on Ramsay, rather than that crappy Apprentice ripoff (which is a crappy show to begin with).
Old 01-03-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You know you do have a point there. I think his British version really aims to help a struggling business. I think there was one episode where the head chef had a drinking problem and Ramsay really wanted to help him.

I know it's going to be an entertaining show, but he's going to be working with the producers of Hell's Kitchen, so there philosophy's on the show are probably going to be much different than the British version. Plus, it's on FOX and you know there reality shows aim for the shock value.
Old 01-04-07, 12:10 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Fantastic News!!
Old 01-04-07, 02:22 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know, those Extreme Makeover type feel-good shows are pretty popular here. I don't see them changing that aspect. They can get the shock value in the first half and the heart warming bits in the second half. A win-win for Fox.
Old 01-04-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great news. This show really shows his personality.
Old 01-05-07, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
I think you guys are making too much of a big deal over any "localization" of the show. The show will be fine.
Old 01-05-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes Chef!!!
Old 01-05-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Kitchen Nightmares is a fantastic show. Hopefully they leave well enough alone and let the things that make it great shine through in the US version as well.
Old 04-19-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Any update on when this begins to air? Ramsay was on Home Shopping a week or two ago tearing up one of the female hosts ("You talk alot. Your husband must be a strong man.") and he mentioned that they finished filming it a few months back.

I'm dying to see this...I've just started reading his autobiography.
Old 04-19-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

As far as I know Hell's Kitchen is starting up in June. This has no airdate yet.
Old 04-19-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

And I can't wait...as far as I'm concerned, there's not enough Gordon Ramsay on US TV.
Old 04-22-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SHU IT DOWN

Is Hell's Kitchen back this summer? I love that show.
Old 04-22-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Any update on when this begins to air? Ramsay was on Home Shopping a week or two ago tearing up one of the female hosts ("You talk alot. Your husband must be a strong man.") and he mentioned that they finished filming it a few months back.

I'm dying to see this...I've just started reading his autobiography.
The new ones have been on Food Network Canada. It's been great, and the restaurants have been gigantic clusterfucks.
Old 04-23-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are they US kitchens or more UK kitchens? Does this mean it will not longer be on BBCA?
Old 04-24-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Superman07
Are they US kitchens or more UK kitchens? Does this mean it will not longer be on BBCA?
Although I wish that they were more UK kitchens, I have a feeling that they'll be US. Far too many Americans are turned off by "foreign" shows, and they'd need subtitles in order to understand the English speakers from the UK.
Old 04-24-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, this KN is American based. We've been getting new UK KNs up here in Canada.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.