Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

ABC considers asking "LOST" producers to cut 13-week hiatus short ...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ABC considers asking "LOST" producers to cut 13-week hiatus short ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PalmerJoss
Brian K. Vaughan, has been hired as an executive story editor on the show.
... and I'm right back to being excited about LOST.
Old 12-21-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PalmerJoss
I'm not sure how many comic book fans read this thread, but I just found out that (IMO) the best writer working in comics, Brian K. Vaughan, has been hired as an executive story editor on the show. Now, anyone who knows his work on books like Ex Machina or Y: The Last Man knows that he is a master at handling many plots and subplots, and knows how to dole out the info to satisfy fans. This could definitely be a step in the right direction for the show.

Here's the Link to his blog where he talks about it a bit.
Yeah I heard this on Ron and Fez...Maybe I should start watching Lost now.
Old 12-21-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
I would argue that it's even worse than that... instead of going nowhere, they've actually gone backwards in terms of progress.

Spoiler:
A large part of Season 2 was the introduction of the 'tailies' and their backstories. Now, they're basically all dead. What was the point of that, exactly? It's almost like half the episodes now have been wasted on characters that don't play into the overall story any more.
Well...
Spoiler:
The now-dead tailies could still factor in via flashbacks. Plus there's the whole group of "safe" tailies that The Others abducted, so they could start showing up on future episodes.
Old 12-21-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never heard of Brian K. Vaughan but I will take your word for it.
Keep this in mind though, just because they have good writers doesn't mean that things will move faster. As David Fury said, ABC wanted the slowness not the writers.
Old 12-21-06, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
i didn't miss the point of lost i just think they should speed it up. if you want the show to go on for 8 seasons you must love dragged out storylines.
And where, nateman two-four-one, did I imply that I would like the show to go on for 8 seasons? I'm of the opinion it should finish next season, or Season 5. But it's not up to me.
Old 12-21-06, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by hardercore
And where, nateman two-four-one, did I imply that I would like the show to go on for 8 seasons? I'm of the opinion it should finish next season, or Season 5. But it's not up to me.
i didn't say stop the right now i want the show to finish off the season and it could go on to season 5 like you said but i just hope the storylines get us somewere a bit faster, but saying i missed the point of lost completely is not true.
so will leave it at that the show is good but the storylines need to progress.
i can't wait for the show to return but i want it to be very entertaining, the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.
Old 12-21-06, 10:05 PM
Banned

the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.
I can't say this enough: if you remove the flashbacks from LOST, this show does not exist. Period. The entire basis of its existence depends upon them. The show is character-based and the flashbacks build character development. If all we knew about these people were what we learned about them post-crash in present day on the island, this show would not be very popular. It's sucessful because of the flashbacks.

Personally, the Jin/Sun storyline has been a favorite of mine. I especially liked their first meeting. It was beautifully shot and edited.
Old 12-22-06, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
I can't say this enough: if you remove the flashbacks from LOST, this show does not exist. Period. The entire basis of its existence depends upon them. The show is character-based and the flashbacks build character development. If all we knew about these people were what we learned about them post-crash in present day on the island, this show would not be very popular. It's sucessful because of the flashbacks.

Personally, the Jin/Sun storyline has been a favorite of mine. I especially liked their first meeting. It was beautifully shot and edited.
who said remove the flashbacks i didn't i just said some of them can be a little annoying especially when so much intresting stuff is going on the island.
i respect you liking the jin/sun storyline they were shot nice but they just don't hold as much intrest as the other flashbacks do.
Old 12-22-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.
I think the Jin/Sun storyline is the best one on the show. With Sayid coming in second.
Old 12-22-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
who said remove the flashbacks i didn't i just said some of them can be a little annoying especially when so much intresting stuff is going on the island.
Tell ya what... how about you stop watching the show and rent it on DVD next September. Then you can skip through all the flashbacks, and we don't have to listen to your incessant whining about them. It's a win-win really.

Last edited by rfduncan; 12-22-06 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-22-06, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Tell ya what... how about you stop watching the show and rent it on DVD next September. Then you can skip through all the flashbacks, and we don't have to listen to your incessant whining about them. It's a win-win really.
apperently you don't read things all the way through cause i didn't say remove the flashbacks i just said they are and really pay attention here im gonna put it in bold this time so you can't miss it SOMETIMES!!!! they can be a little annoying. i dont skip through anything i watch the show all the way through but, well here ill state it in simpler terms for you.....
I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND BETTER THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS, YES ILL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DELOPMENT.
i own the first 2 seasons on dvd i love the show i was stating at the very beginning of this thread i just wish the storylines whould progress a bit more.
Old 12-22-06, 06:48 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I think he should save the money he might have put toward the DVDs... and take a typing/grammar lesson instead.
Old 12-22-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

apperently you don't read things all the way through cause i didn't say remove the flashbacks i just said they are and really pay attention here im gonna put it in bold this time so you can't miss it SOMETIMES!!!! they can be a little annoying. i dont skip through anything i watch the show all the way through but, well here ill state it in simpler terms for you.....
I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND BETTER THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS, YES ILL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DELOPMENT.
i own the first 2 seasons on dvd i love the show i was stating at the very beginning of this thread i just wish the storylines whould progress a bit more.
"Apparently, you don't read things all the way through. Because I didn't say that they should "remove the flashbacks", I just said that [the flashbacks] are - and really pay attention here, I'm going to put it in bold this time so you can't miss it - SOMETIMES a little annoying.

I don't skip through anything, I watch the show all the way through, but - well, I'll state it in simpler terms for you:

I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND MORE THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS. YES, I'LL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

I own the first 2 seasons on DVD. I love the show, but I was stating at the very beginning of this thread that I just wish the storylines would progress a bit more."

Fixed.

Last edited by hardercore; 12-22-06 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-22-06, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I think he should save the money he might have put toward the DVDs... and take a typing/grammar lesson instead.
lol, sorry i was in a hurry when writing that statement. next time ill make sure that i am %100 accurate with every word i type.
i know how to spell.
Old 12-22-06, 10:15 PM

this is the last thing i am going to post about this subject cause there are alot of great lost fans here and like every aspect of the show so all i am saying is will just have to see how the next part of the season goes. as far as saying i need grammer lessons that has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 12-22-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is the last thing i am going to post about this subject cause there are alot of great lost fans here and like every aspect of the show so all i am saying is will just have to see how the next part of the season goes. as far as saying i need grammer lessons that has nothing to do with this thread.
Funny you mention that, because as the thread starter and as far as I recall, shitting on LOST - flashbacks, current island storyline or other - was not the point of this thread either.
Old 12-22-06, 10:36 PM

Funny you mention that, because as the thread starter and as far as I recall, shitting on LOST - flashbacks, current island storyline or other - was not the point of this thread either.
i wasn't shitting on lost i like the show. i never said the show was bad in any way at all.
Old 12-22-06, 10:44 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Glad to see that you'll be percent one hundred accurate.

And not to derail this any further, but spelling is not the problem. That's why I said "typing/grammar".
Old 12-22-06, 10:46 PM

i just want the show to stop dragging out storylines, through there is alot of "flashbacks" i really find them to be time consuming and very annoying. lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
this was my original post, now if it sounded like i was shitting on lost i am sorry but i didn't think i was. a few other people agreed that the storylines needed to progress a bit more and that some of the flashbacks are pointless. i didn't say they sucked or were the worst thing ever.
you know maybe i was a little harsh on the flashbacks ok fine ill admit it. as regards to the spelling it has nothing to do with lost at all thats all im saying. i love the show i dont want to shit on it at all and i didn't mean to if you think i did.
Old 12-22-06, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Glad to see that you'll be percent one hundred accurate.

And not to derail this any further, but spelling is not the problem. That's why I said "typing/grammar".
sorry about that, no hard fellings?
Old 12-22-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So - the question was posed to one of the LOST staff, who chalked it up as just a rumour after all, and that ABC has no intentions to cut LOST's hiatus short.
Old 12-23-06, 12:42 AM

So - the question was posed to one of the LOST staff, who chalked it up as just a rumour after all, and that ABC has no intentions to cut LOST's hiatus short.
oh wow that does suck i would have actually liked the show to come back sooner.
i don't like these long breaks between programs.
i wonder if this going to change they way tv with all the shows going to have these "fall finales" and not come back till feb or after.
probally not cause alot of shows have christmas episodes.
Old 12-23-06, 03:33 PM
Banned

some of the flashbacks are pointless.
Everything that happens in the flashbacks, has meaning, although it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.
Old 12-24-06, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Everything that happens in the flashbacks, has meaning, although it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.
i agree that it some of the flashbacks have meaning and your right it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.