Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dogfights

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogfights

Has anyone been watching this show on the Histroy Channel? It's pretty cool! I got hooked bc my husband started to watch it, and I got really into it actually, which surprised me. The way that they re-create the battles using old footage, interviews with the piltos and animation is incredible. They make you feel like you are really re-living what they had to go through. It's on tonight if you want to catch it.
Old 12-08-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by fernsita
Has anyone been watching this show on the Histroy Channel? It's pretty cool! I got hooked bc my husband started to watch it, and I got really into it actually, which surprised me. The way that they re-create the battles using old footage, interviews with the piltos and animation is incredible. They make you feel like you are really re-living what they had to go through. It's on tonight if you want to catch it.

I heard about it but I haven't watched yet. I have tons of respect for Dogfighters because obviously it takes tons of talent, nerve, and hand/eye coordination.
Old 12-08-06, 08:51 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
This show is GREAT! freakin' love it! they had a marathon on last week.. got suckered into it...
Old 12-14-06, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I heard about it but I haven't watched yet. I have tons of respect for Dogfighters because obviously it takes tons of talent, nerve, and hand/eye coordination.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It has been incredible to learn all the ways that they have had to kind of improvise in terms of having the upper hand in these dogfights, bc the planes that they flew were generally of lesser quality than the MIGs they were uyp against. It wasn't until this last episode that I finally saw an American plane that was actually better built!
Old 12-14-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe you people are encouraging animal abuse.
Old 12-14-06, 01:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds cool, I'll have to check this out.

(I was secretly hoping this would be a reality show based on that old River Phoenix movie)
Old 12-14-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also love it!
Old 12-14-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The russians know how to build some amazing planes. Even in terms of modern fighters, the mig-29 & su-27 are probably better performers than our front line F-15's & F-16's. Quality control, avionics/weapon systems & training has always been their problem.
Originally Posted by fernsita
Yeah, I know what you mean. It has been incredible to learn all the ways that they have had to kind of improvise in terms of having the upper hand in these dogfights, bc the planes that they flew were generally of lesser quality than the MIGs they were uyp against. It wasn't until this last episode that I finally saw an American plane that was actually better built!
Old 12-14-06, 02:17 PM

I think most of the planes on the show have been of Asian decent, from Vietnam and China, mostly...at least those are the episdoes that have been aired so far, so I don't know much about the Soviet planes. But it would seem that the Easterners are much bettrer at rolling out techonology like this than we have been.