Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 01:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Jericho - "Red Flag" - 11/22/06

"Red Flag"
Spoiler:
Jericho citizens are cautious when bombers drop palettes of supplies on the town.
Old 11-22-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jed Eckert: ...Well, who is on our side?
Col. Andy Tanner: Six hundred million screaming Chinamen.
Darryl Bates: Last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen.
Col. Andy Tanner: There were.
Old 11-22-06, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm amazed after a month or however long it's been that everyone is still so well-groomed. This show needs more apocalypse and less Maybury.
Old 11-22-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At least this episode was watchable, but still waiting on a truly interesting, or entertaining episode from this show.
Old 11-22-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Finally something happened at the very end, and I'm more than happy to see that old hag get shanked. I love how's she bitching about not being able to gouge the community when she isn't even paying anything for the food dropped by the Chinese.
Old 11-22-06, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Finally something happened at the very end, and I'm more than happy to see that old hag get shanked. I love how's she bitching about not being able to gouge the community when she isn't even paying anything for the food dropped by the Chinese.

I also liked how she said how is she supposed to make a living.....I was like well ummm where are you going to spend that money??? pay Taxes? no, go to buy a car no........she ws greedy glad to see her go personally The show has ups and downs and I mean WAYYYYYYYYY down....hopefully they tak this show somewhere interesting......
Old 11-22-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Ph8te
I also liked how she said how is she supposed to make a living.....I was like well ummm where are you going to spend that money??? pay Taxes? no, go to buy a car no........she ws greedy glad to see her go personally The show has ups and downs and I mean WAYYYYYYYYY down....hopefully they tak this show somewhere interesting......

Yeah - I like how the dollar has somehow survived despite the fact that nobody in Jericho believes the federal government exists.
Old 11-22-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love how's she bitching about not being able to gouge the community
yeah that was a little strange but in line with the show's past eps.

Everyone seems to worry about keeping this or that shop open and "making a living". When really, at the point your country gets multi-nuked by a factor of 12+ it's more about having food to eat, place to stay safe etc.

After all it's not like the world is going to recover in a few weeks and it's 100% back to normal. Ah but in Jericho I totaly expect to have an ep about a bank looking to repo some car and a person talking about his stock options, 401k planning and maybe a trip to vegas out of the blue. Much like the TOTALY bs of them acting like mayor of tiny town USA is some mini-king who controls everything/everyone around him.

total BS with the generator this ep too.. As they knew there was a gen in the middle of a corn field and just showed up with a HUGE flat bed and loaded the few ton monster up om 2min and ran off..

Ah but inspite of my bitching I still sort of like the show, in a warped sort of way. I'll not really going to be upset if they can it but the show grew on me some, like fungus on a wall.
Old 11-23-06, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also glad she is dead. I've hated that lady ever sing Donnie Darko.

I know what you mean Deadlamb. I know the show is not that good yet I cant stop watching and I find myself caring more about it than other much better shows that I watch.
Old 11-23-06, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sven
I'm also glad she is dead. I've hated that lady ever sing Donnie Darko.
That's where I've seen her before. I knew she was familiar.

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
Ah but inspite of my bitching I still sort of like the show, in a warped sort of way. I'll not really going to be upset if they can it but the show grew on me some, like fungus on a wall.
I'm with you there. As corny as it is I sit down and watch it every week. i'd like for it to have another season, but it would get to me to see this show make it after Invasion was cancelled last season. It was ten times the show Jericho is.
Old 11-23-06, 08:21 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

thanks
Old 11-23-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
At least this episode was watchable, but still waiting on a truly interesting, or entertaining episode from this show.
I still need to watch this week's episode, but after last week's (The Simpsons Did It) Destroy the Only Bridge Out of (a landlocked) Town episode, I got a little annoyed.

Still, it would have been smart if they had blown up the bridge with the Ravenwood guys trying to cross it.
Old 11-23-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt all of your commitment to Sparkle Motion. It would have been poetic justice to have a jet engine fall on top of her in the show.
Old 11-24-06, 12:31 AM

Finally something happened at the very end, and I'm more than happy to see that old hag get shanked.
Heh I was thinking the same thing I guess the quote "Goodnight Gracie" fits perfectly during that last scene.
Old 11-24-06, 12:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Count me in as someone who is glad she got shanked too.

I agree that this is the first episode where anything interesting happened. I was surprised they didn't have Jake's army up to Delta Force level already.
Old 11-24-06, 11:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the link again that gives the morse code message from the opening credits?

EDIT: Never mind found one http://www.episodeguides.com/scripts...p=index&m=html

Last edited by nemein; 11-24-06 at 11:21 AM.