Veronica Mars -- "Of Vice and Men" -- 11/14/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Of Vice and Men" -- 11/14/06

"Of Vice and Men"
Spoiler:
Keith's ongoing relationship with his client (Laura San Giacomo) disappoints Veronica; when Veronica goes to Wallace and Piz's dorm room for some quiet time, Logan seeks her help in clearing Mercer (Ryan Devlin) of rape charges.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, Percy Daggs III, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Tina Majorino, Chris Lowell, Julie Gonzalo, Laura San Giacomo, Ryan Devlin, Francis Capra.
Director(s): Harry Winer.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Phil Klemmer.

Original Airdate: November 14, 2006.
Old 11-14-06, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What happened after Veronica pulled up the DJ schedule on the computer? My Directivo decided to restart itself at about the 31 minute mark and didn't start up again until about the 38 minute mark. Thanks.

EDIT: And that saddest part about this ep is that sven actually got his wish.

Last edited by aktick; 11-14-06 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-14-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The promo monkeys at the CW need to go DIAF. I thought the West Wing ones during Season 7 were bad, the one for tonight's episode topped those. I thought Veronica was going to be kidnapped and raped. Instead, she gets drugged and gets saved by Logan and her quick thinking in setting her car alarm off.

I liked the episode, although the excuse for Wallace not being there was lame.

The missing boyfriend mystery was kinda interesting as well as the Keith-Harmony story, but I really liked Veronica and Logan dancing around each other about Mercer.

On a shallow note, KBell looked sexy even in boxers and a t-shirt. Is there anything she can't look good in?
Old 11-14-06, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
On a shallow note, KBell looked sexy even in boxers and a t-shirt. Is there anything she can't look good in?
LOL, kind of what I was thinking. I even like her with that (gasp!) long hair!
Old 11-14-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked this episode, but after all the "screaming" to the producers to get Mac as a part of the permanent cast, they listen and tell the fans they always wanted to get her, and she's basically a ghost as far as the show goes. That sucks.

Also, I hate when really smart shows allow really stupid things to happen. They tipped off the fans about the drink by giving us that close up of the cup when Veronica went back about her food and then she had all those symptoms which she would have been completely familiar with and rather than stay in a crowded place where she would be safe and either waiting to see if it got better or worse or asking for help, she, instead, leaves to go to an empty parking garage. Lame.

I have resisted liking Lamb for the longest time, but that actor/character cracks me up every time he makes a comment.
Old 11-14-06, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I liked this episode, but after all the "screaming" to the producers to get Mac as a part of the permanent cast, they listen and tell the fans they always wanted to get her, and she's basically a ghost as far as the show goes. That sucks.
I thought the reason she is not around is because she is currently filming a movie.
Old 11-14-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
then she had all those symptoms which she would have been completely familiar with and rather than stay in a crowded place where she would be safe and either waiting to see if it got better or worse or asking for help, she, instead, leaves to go to an empty parking garage. Lame.
I agree. I was screaming at the TV when this was going on, 'cos Veronica - OF ALL PEOPLE - should have known better. Why not call someone with her cell? Find a payphone in the area? Use a campus phone to call campus police? Flag down one of the campus cops?

That whole thing was just stupid, IMHO.
Old 11-14-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sjrab16
I thought the reason she is not around is because she is currently filming a movie.
Or season two of 'Big Love.'
Old 11-15-06, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sjrab16
They knew that the fans wanted her as a part of the permanent cast. They decided that it was best for the show and, I thought, were not only listening to the fans but admitting that they agreed she was a good fit. So they added her.

If filming a movie that was going to keep her out of nearly half the season, than they shouldn't have added her. She's really had nothing to do with anything. And it's hard to believe, but possible, that her small role on Big Love is keeping her from doing VM too.

I would think being in the credits means she gets paid more for VM unless the people at Big Love have given her a bigger role. But I think that's unlikely since there are so many characters and all of them fit nicely on that show. The children on have a certain amount of screen time, so their children's friends aren't going to get major screen time in my opinion.

Whatever the issue is, I feel like they promised us Mac and haven't delivered and no one new, from season 2 or 3, has ever fit better. Logan still fits and Weevil too, although they are stumbling with what to do with Wallace it seems. I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but I've never gone to a hotel to study.

I was really thinking Mac was going to be Veronica's partner in crime, helping her solve crimes this season.

Enough of the bitching, though, because other than the stupid decision to write a scene where Veronica would leave a crowded foot court after already knowing that she'd been drugged, this was a pretty good episode. And whatever the problems, I can't figure out why 20 million people watch Dancing with the Stars (a show with no stars) and Deal or no Deal and VM can't get more people to watch such a quality show.
Old 11-15-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They got as much Mac as they could, and I for one think it's better than nothing. As I understand it, the Big Love folks have to give up some time as well.
Old 11-15-06, 02:49 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Also, I hate when really smart shows allow really stupid things to happen. They tipped off the fans about the drink by giving us that close up of the cup when Veronica went back about her food and then she had all those symptoms which she would have been completely familiar with and rather than stay in a crowded place where she would be safe and either waiting to see if it got better or worse or asking for help, she, instead, leaves to go to an empty parking garage.
That was my only problem with the episode.
Old 11-15-06, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Back in my younger days when I did drugs, they always had a different effect...And sometimes, they even mimicked being sick or whatnot. So its not quite as easy to say she has felt the feeling before. Plus, when she was drugged before, she was drinking alcohol drunk so that would have been a totally different feeling as well. So although, yeah, probably wasn't the best idea for her to leave, its still understandable. Also, if TV were like real life, it would suck.

My only issue with the show is the tension between her and Logan, keep them together or break them up. I personally wish they would break up just because I think they work together better as friends and playing off each other that way. But for god sakes if her and that Pizz douche get together, I will be livid.
Old 11-15-06, 09:33 AM
Mod Emeritus

Off topic and threadcrapping posts removed.
Old 11-15-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
That was my only problem with the episode.
Mine, too.

On the other hand, some great refrences in this ep from Veronica, again, of which I'm always fond of. Especially liked the Blues Brothers one.
Old 11-15-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Mine, too.

On the other hand, some great refrences in this ep from Veronica, again, of which I'm always fond of. Especially liked the Blues Brothers one.
That reference was my fav part of the episode. Veronica leaving the crowded area, not so bright. If nothing else, did she think it would be a good idea to drive when she was feeling that sick?
Old 11-15-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I liked the episode, although the excuse for Wallace not being there was lame.
I guess he got a pretty good handle on the class he was failing.
Old 11-15-06, 12:29 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

And whatever the problems, I can't figure out why 20 million people watch Dancing with the Stars (a show with no stars).
Well, they have had Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna (Aaron & Lynn Echolls)!
Old 11-15-06, 01:06 PM
Zee

Anyone else catch the Arrested Development reference?

I can't wait for the rapist arc to be over, I'm so much more interested in what's going to happen after.
Old 11-15-06, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
So its not quite as easy to say she has felt the feeling before.
Except we HEAR Veronica saying to herself that she can't believe she let that happen again as she walking to her car.

Originally Posted by lisadoris
That reference was my fav part of the episode. Veronica leaving the crowded area, not so bright. If nothing else, did she think it would be a good idea to drive when she was feeling that sick?
I believe she was trying to get to her car in which she could safely lock herself until someone could arrive to help her or until the drugs wore off.

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I guess he got a pretty good handle on the class he was failing.
Or not since he needed to be away from campus and from any distractions to successfully cram for his midterm in that class.

Cool South Park reference at the end. Logan saves the day again!
Old 11-15-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Zee
Anyone else catch the Arrested Development reference?

I can't wait for the rapist arc to be over, I'm so much more interested in what's going to happen after.
No Touching!
Old 11-15-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Except we HEAR Veronica saying to herself that she can't believe she let that happen again as she walking to her car.
Yeah, but I was just hoping everyone overlooked that small detail ...
Old 11-15-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I took that voiceover to be from an "after the fact" Veronica, not what she was thinking at that moment.
Old 11-15-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do the writer's sometimes forget what they're previously written? Veronica says "Mercer has a radio show?" to Piz. Didn't they just show Veronican and Parker running into Mercer at the radio station last week?

Other than that and Veronica attempting to walk to her SUV, I thought the show was pretty cool. I still think adulterous Keith is out of character.
Old 11-15-06, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joefrog91
Do the writer's sometimes forget what they're previously written? Veronica says "Mercer has a radio show?" to Piz. Didn't they just show Veronican and Parker running into Mercer at the radio station last week?
They were at the radio station but don't have a radio show. Why would she assume that he had a show just because he was there?
Old 11-15-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I believe she was trying to get to her car in which she could safely lock herself until someone could arrive to help her or until the drugs wore off.
I would buy that if we had seen her calling someone prior to walking to the car. The writers set it up so that Veronica didn't necessarily have someone to help her out. Worst case scenario, she tries to call her dad either from the eatery or at some point while she was walking to her car. Even if she doesn't complete the call, she knows her dad can trace the signal and find her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.