Reload this Page >

STANDOFF - Opinions ?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

STANDOFF - Opinions ?

Old 11-11-06, 01:35 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
STANDOFF - Opinions ?

This week's ep with the sniper was awesome i thought!

As long as they don't overly focus on the relationship rubbish, this show rocks. They seem to be coming up with some really cool and unique hostage scenarios.
Old 11-11-06, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen this weeks episode yet.. but all in all.. it's okay. Certainly not the best show one tv, but it's enjoyable.
Old 11-11-06, 03:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
The Good:
Rosemarie Dewitt's hotness

The Bad:
Everything else
Old 11-11-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I've been liking this show, of course that's in part to Ron Livingston being in it, but I like the whole cast

I haven't seen the sniper episode yet, but from what I read at another site it was some unbeleivably long shot for the type of rifle being used
Old 11-11-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
just watched it
800 yard shot with an AR with a red dot sight (which is what was actually on the gun, regardless of the sight picture they showed) which at most would have been 1.5 or maybe 2x and likely 2-4MOA (meaning at 100 yards the dot would cover an area of 1in on the target, so at the 800 yards of the shot it would be covering 8-16inches or more) is total bullshit
the bullet drop alone at that range would have made the fbi guy need to put the sight above the bad guy, likely far enough above to have the bad guy be completely out of the sight picture

the bad guy needed to say "nice shot" before dying, like in a multiplayer FPS
Old 11-11-06, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this show is ok for an episode or 2, Ron Livingston doesn't fit, he always has that jackass smile of his even in serious situations
Old 11-11-06, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally dropped this show after the hospital episode. It's not a horrible show, but it's just not good enough to keep watching. I figured it was finally time to make some cuts in my packed viewing schedule and if a show isn't really entertaining me that much, it was time to go. I do love Ron Livingston but it was just not a good role for him. I hope this show gets cancelled and he could do more of an offbeat comedy. Maybe Peter Gibbons could be hired as a new employee at the Scranton Branch.
Old 11-12-06, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
the bullet drop alone at that range would have made the fbi guy need to put the sight above the bad guy, likely far enough above to have the bad guy be completely out of the sight picture
We didn't see where the FBI guy was aiming when he fired though. We saw him locate the target with his scope, but not when it was fired, and I think not after. Didn't his partner next to him actually confirm the kill?