DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Office "Diwali" 11/02/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482531-office-diwali-11-02-06-a.html)

Cardiff Giant11 11-04-06 11:14 AM

Anyone else think that in Jim's bike crash he either broke/lost his phone and won't see Pam's text message?

Draven 11-04-06 11:55 AM

I hope not - too "sitcom-y" cliche for my tastes.

lordwow 11-04-06 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
So anyone think that the tubby guy was introduced on this show so that his first appearance wouldn't be if/when the branches merge?

I was hoping they'd bring this guy back. I could see him and Kevin having a funny conversation.

Shilex 11-04-06 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by movieking

What was it that the Indian guy said to Pam after she said she couldn't believe what Michael did? After he replied, she excused herself to go text Jim.

Someone please answer his question, cause I want to know too. I rewound my Tivo like four times trying to figure out what that Indian guy said that made Pam walk away.

Matt925 11-04-06 04:56 PM

Pam: "That is so Michael."

Dude: "Is it? He's really outgoing, huh?"

When she excused herself, I initially thought it was because she was forming a connection with the guy and it made her uncomfortable, because it's not something she's used too. But it turned out that she was frustrated because the guy wasn't in on everything, so she had to text Jim, which I thought was pretty lame.

Matthew Chmiel 11-04-06 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by hardercore
I think this was a terrible episode - I like this show much more when they stay with the office antics.

I actually thought this was one of the better episodes of the season, which I haven't been too much of a fan of. It brought back the uncomfortable-ness which was completely lacking from this current season and the episode actually helped progress the story arc for the season. Then again, what do I know? :shrug:

Ky-Fi 11-04-06 05:17 PM

Not that she has that many laugh-out-loud funny lines, but the actress that plays Kelly just has that character nailed. I just loved her bubbly, complete disinterest/lack of knowledge when it came to explaining the holiday.

HE Pennypacker 11-04-06 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
Not that she has that many laugh-out-loud funny lines, but the actress that plays Kelly just has that character nailed. I just loved her bubbly, complete disinterest/lack of knowledge when it came to explaining the holiday.

I like her as the clueless ditz too. It's funny how her character has changed so dramatically over the course of so few episodes. The first season saw her in a completely different role where she seemed normal and rather intelligent. Now, it is just the exact opposite—which makes for a funnier character. Though I gotta say, I don’t know a single Indian chick who acts like she does.

SuperBatMan 11-04-06 07:37 PM

Just saw a quick commercial for this week's episode. It was only about 10 seconds of clips, but it looks hilarious!

Spoiler:
It has Michael saying 'I must put on a brave face for everyone', and shows him with one of the most hilarious faces I've ever seen, and then laying on a sidewalk saying 'Nobody wants me anymore'. :lol:

nazz 11-04-06 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by maingon
pam looked good this episode

She looked incredible in this recent magazine photo shoot.

Linked for those who don't want to fall in love.

http://www.celebutaint.com/images/je...jane-thumb.jpg

Joe Molotov 11-04-06 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by nazz
She looked incredible in this recent magazine photo shoot.

Linked for those who don't want to fall in love.

http://www.celebutaint.com/images/je...jane-thumb.jpg

Oh my. *swoon*

Deadpool 11-05-06 01:03 AM

[Michael]Those things are ticking time bombs you know...better get those checked out[/Michael] :D

Draven 11-05-06 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
It brought back the uncomfortable-ness which was completely lacking from this current season...

You must have missed the season premiere. It was uncomfortable from start to finish.

dpz301 11-05-06 01:23 PM

great episode, laughed the whole time.

dpz301 11-05-06 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
I like her as the clueless ditz too. It's funny how her character has changed so dramatically over the course of so few episodes. The first season saw her in a completely different role where she seemed normal and rather intelligent. Now, it is just the exact opposite—which makes for a funnier character. Though I gotta say, I don’t know a single Indian chick who acts like she does.

i do. she works in the same division as me and is exactly like kelly.

HE Pennypacker 11-05-06 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by dpz301

I'm glad I'm not in your division.

Brent_MN 11-05-06 09:07 PM

when's Oscar coming back?!

lordwow 11-05-06 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by dpz301

Wow.

I supervise probably close to 50 Indian females (along with 100s of other people... it's a massive company), and I don't know any like Kelly.

Nesbit 11-06-06 07:09 AM

I've known a few girls that act just like Kelly. Just because none of them have been Indian doesn't mean that they couldn't be. That's just racist....

Nausicaa 11-06-06 12:45 PM

I was wondering about Dwight's strange behavior towards Angela this episode...

My theory is that he was ignoring Angela this episode because he was maybe looking for some Indian sweetie at the Diwali celebration. If you can recall the sexual harrasment episode from season one, you'll remember that Dwight mentioned he was sexually attracted to Indian women. Only problem is, they really didn't show him with any Indian girls. I don't know, maybe I missed something in a previous episode, what do you guys think?

movieking 11-06-06 01:40 PM

They are just hiding their relationship from everyone.

ytrez 11-06-06 04:18 PM

Hmm. I guess I was just thinking "no public displays of affection".

Also, Angela was probably pissed at the awareness of "heathen" religions that he demonstrated in the staff meeting and his looking through the Kama Sutra.

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
I was wondering about Dwight's strange behavior towards Angela this episode...

My theory is that he was ignoring Angela this episode because he was maybe looking for some Indian sweetie at the Diwali celebration. If you can recall the sexual harrasment episode from season one, you'll remember that Dwight mentioned he was sexually attracted to Indian women. Only problem is, they really didn't show him with any Indian girls. I don't know, maybe I missed something in a previous episode, what do you guys think?

Nausicaa 11-06-06 11:43 PM

I guess that could be it. I suppose I just got the impression they weren't together anymore after the Coup episode where he blew her off after thinking he got promoted. Also, she looked pretty disgusted at the sight of him groveling at Michael's feet.

Nesbit 11-07-06 07:13 AM

He didn't really blow her off though. He said that she could be in charge of the women which she seemed to like. I thought that the big issue would be Dawight looking like a complete pussy in front of her but they haven't brought that up yet. I'd like to see a secret affair between Angela and Roy myself.

Patman 11-07-06 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I'd like to see a secret affair between Angela and Roy myself.

Or better yet: Angela and Kevin.

Brian Gentz 11-08-06 01:21 AM

:lol: the deleted scene up on NBC.com right now is Kevin pitching Scantonicity to Kelly's parents for Diwali '07.

riley_dude 11-08-06 02:02 AM

I was looking at Melora Hardins website and found out she sings.
Great voice too.

http://www.melora.com/Heaven_and_Earth.mp3

Rypro 525 11-14-06 04:38 PM

Got around to watching this episode last night, and imo, the best line was from Michael at the end of the episode "This is kind of like Taxi Cab Confessions right"

This, and maybe entourage and AD, are the only shows where I have spillled drinks and had to rewind the dvr from laughing so hard because I missed a line or 2