TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Lights -- "Git 'Er Done" -- 10/30/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-06, 09:18 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Git 'Er Done" -- 10/30/06

Git 'Er Done
Spoiler:
Fearing job insecurity, coach Taylor must choose between starting the eager second-string quarterback or new recruit Ray Tatum (Aldis Hodge); Tim and Lyla's relationship heats up.

Just a heads-up of the new timeslot for this week. I believe it airs again tomorrow as well.
Old 10-30-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep, repeat of this same episode is on tomorrow at the usual time
Old 10-30-06, 03:00 PM

is this show going to make it? I hope so.
Old 10-30-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there's this "hick" behind me in one of my classes (UT San Antonio) who when the prof is doing role, says "Git 'er done!" instead of "here." Needless to say, he always wears tshirts with the sleeves cutoff.
Old 10-30-06, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dglaser6
is this show going to make it? I hope so.

Me too!
Old 10-30-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

smart move to move the time slot for this to after heroes. it should probably have a bigger draw IMO.
Old 10-30-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"You and me are an arranged marriage, nothing more." --VooDoo

haha nice.

I'm glad NBC is trying FNL in this timeslot. It'll be interesting how much more of an audience it retains than S60 does. I am kinda hoping it's a lot more...I like this pairing better. But I don't wanna see S60 go yet.

Lyla in her running outfit....

VooDoo is an a-hole. Glad the Coach didn't take his shit. What was with the play-by-play and color commentary going on over the PA? The guy is yelling "REVERSE" so the other team can know what's going on!! Also saying the stuff like "you're looking at a man who's career is on the line." WTF? How distracting for the team.

And what's with this whole LA guy bonin the 17 yr old girl? I mean, besides to inspire me. (I'm only 24, it's not creepy yet, is it?)

Last edited by Brent_MN; 10-30-06 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-30-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jason Street's subplot gives me chills at time, I'm impressed they decided to stick with his story.

If I were Coach Taylor, I would have put Voodoo at wide receiver until something bad happened to Saracen. Nice touch showing the price of glory the morning after with all those bruises on Saracen from the game.

Tyra's subplot seemed like it was just tacked on as filler.

Lyla stepping out on Street with Riggins is so wrong, but predictable. Nothing like a morning jog/booty call to start the day..
Old 10-30-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
What was with the play-by-play and color commentary going on over the PA? The guy is yelling "REVERSE" so the other team can know what's going on!! Also saying the stuff like "you're looking at a man who's career is on the line." WTF? How distracting for the team.

The guys doing play by play are from the radio. No one in the stadium can hear what they are saying unless they have a radio.
Old 10-30-06, 11:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Tyra's subplot seemed like it was just tacked on as filler.
Or an excuse to get her in that dress

Another strong episode

So much for Voodoo
Old 10-30-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
The guys doing play by play are from the radio. No one in the stadium can hear what they are saying unless they have a radio.
Well, after he said '...the coaches career is on the line...' the look on Coach Taylor's face looked like he could hear them.

I know it seems like it wouldn't be on the PA...but their voices have a stadium echo to it. Seems odd.
Old 10-31-06, 12:00 AM

At my high school (S. Florida), the PA guy did play-by-play after the QB snapped the ball.

Lyla in her running outfit
. . .And Lyla in her underwear
. . .And Lyla in her cheerleading outfit
Old 10-31-06, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another stellar episode.

Tyra hooking up w/ the traveling salesman is a little lame.. is he nuts? Is she legal? And of course... He's in a serious relationship!

Lyla seems to be a master at the whole cheating thing... and she's getting straight A's!

I hope last night worked. I'm going to be really ticked if this gets canceled.
Old 10-31-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Lyla.

Another excellent episode.

Still think this is a really stupid timeslot for it though opposite MNF. Hopefully, with the New England domination and timing of halftime, people switched over. It also doesn't feel like a 10 pm show.
Old 10-31-06, 08:29 AM

I think throwing this show up against MNF is a mistake, but I really hope this sticks around for the full season.

I'm really enjoying it so far, it seems each episode has been an improvement on the previous one.
Old 10-31-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Really good episode. Loved the Voodoo stuff and of course, the investigation next week should be excellent. Bill Garrity is such a fucking dick. I really liked the scene between Tim and Street...it was short but really damn good.

MATT
Old 10-31-06, 08:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent Episode. Soo glad Saricin pulled it.

...and yes, Lyla is flat out gorgeous.
Old 10-31-06, 08:48 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I'm curious how the ratings turned out with this experiment. Hopefully the promos that aired during Heroes pulled in people who otherwise may not have watched.
Old 10-31-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Very strong episode. The last second wins are going to get old. They are going to have to start blowing teams out just so we don't see the same game every 2 weeks. Also, why did they skip the whole 3rd quarter of the game. You would think they would have showed the crowds reaction to Saracen going into the game. Voodoo is a dick but I hope they keep him around in some way other then the ineligibility thing.

I'm glad they gave Tyra something to do this episode. I still think she ends up consoling Street when he finds out about Lyla and Tim. Lyla continues to amaze me.
Old 10-31-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
the tyra sub-plot seemed so out of place. i had to rewatch the beginning to see if we were supposed to know who that guy was. i understand the significance as far as her wanting something that has nothing to do with the town, but it was just plopped in there. wasn't built up very well.

the riggins/street scene was indeed very well done. i'd imagine that's how that kind of interaction would occur in real-life. and like someone said above, they are really committing to the street sub-plot, and i like that. it's going to be interesting to see his development.

i'm still loving chandler in this, but does anyone else think his yelling voice isn't very imposing? i've had coaches that scare the shit out of you with their tone. when he yells, i don't quite buy it.

and i didn't think the play-by-play was in the stadium. i took it to be radio as well.
Old 10-31-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I'm curious how the ratings turned out with this experiment. Hopefully the promos that aired during Heroes pulled in people who otherwise may not have watched.
in the Studio 60 thread thats active...it was said the numbers were on par with what Studio 60 does...
Old 10-31-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

in the Studio 60 thread thats active...it was said the numbers were on par with what Studio 60 does...

But, were they better than what they do in the regular Tuesdays at 8 slot?
I don't follow 'ratings'.. I just hear if they're great or lousy.. and I know that Tuesday at 8 ain't cuttin it.
Old 10-31-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
To be fair, the Tuesday 8 p.m. slot is a killer due to the "Dancing with the Stars" ratings juggernaut.
Old 10-31-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
But, were they better than what they do in the regular Tuesdays at 8 slot?
I don't follow 'ratings'.. I just hear if they're great or lousy.. and I know that Tuesday at 8 ain't cuttin it.
5.3/9 last night compared to last Tuesday's 4.0/6
Old 10-31-06, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Once Dancing is completed, it will be interesting to see what kind of ratings FNL gets, since NCIS is the only decent ratings-draw in that slot. Hopefully, it will still be around to find out.

edit: I forgot about the soon-approaching juggernaut of Idol.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.