Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Better Halves" -- 10.30.2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I see the name "Dark Nikki" I think of the Prince song "Darling Nikki".
Old 11-02-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
IMDB says that Sylar is played by

Spoiler:
Sean Bean

and he definitely hasn't been in any episodes yet. Although it lists him as being in last night's episode.
Um, I don't mind all that much, but what you just posted is kind of a spoiler even if you don't read the spoiler.
Old 11-02-06, 04:20 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
oh for christ sake...
Old 11-03-06, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
Great show and way better than lost (people will probably flame me for saying that). At least there's progression and the stories lines are more focused
Amusing that you would compare Heroes to Lost. There was an article in EW I think where the creators of Heroes said they are explicitly trying to steal Lost viewers by doing similar serial TV with cliffhanger endings, etc. Only on Heroes they will actually advance the plot (which is the reason I stopped watching Lost).

Originally Posted by Ranger
everyone i've talked to think the dad is the bad guy. i'm still hoping he's good but don't expect the writers to use that twist.
other thing is if it's possible that sylar the brain eater is claire's dad. i don't think it's the haitian guy at least.
Interesting as my friends and I all think Claire's dad will turn out good (or at least not bad). They constantly set him up in situations where we are clearly supposed to think he is bad and yet we never see him actually do anything bad. At this point I consider it a strong probability that he is not evil.

As for Sylar, people keep calling him a brain eater and other crazy things. He's just a special (the first or patient 0) who has telekinesis, obviously there's some reason for him (or someone with him) to steal brains but we have no evidence or even hints that it is eating. Also from the newspaper clipping in his apartment we know his date of birth so he's obviously not the haitian guy.
Old 11-03-06, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a reminder that the Sci-Fi channel airs this tonight, for those who missed the last few minutes.
Old 11-03-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
oh for christ sake...
Is this quote in reference to the spoiler information?

Because, although the name is obscured:

Spoiler:
there's details that Sylar is (a) a man and (b) has not yet been on an episode yet. That's the absolute textbook definition of a spoiler.
Old 11-03-06, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hahn
Um, I don't mind all that much, but what you just posted is kind of a spoiler even if you don't read the spoiler.
Its been proven false, producers of the show denied it as well as the actor's web page. Sylar has not yet been cast.
Old 11-03-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
Is this quote in reference to the spoiler information?

Because, although the name is obscured:

Spoiler:
there's details that Sylar is (a) a man and (b) has not yet been on an episode yet. That's the absolute textbook definition of a spoiler.
(a) was known already due to what's been revealed in the show, and (b) was assumed to be the case since nothing on the show suggests otherwise.
Old 11-03-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by Nuff
There was an article in EW I think where the creators of Heroes said they are explicitly trying to steal Lost viewers by doing similar serial TV with cliffhanger endings, etc. Only on Heroes they will actually advance the plot (which is the reason I stopped watching Lost).
Are you kidding? The plot on LOST gets advanced like crazy. The problem some people have with that show is that the mysteries don't get revealed fast enough for their liking, or when certain questions get answered ("What's in the hatch?"), they get replaced by a half dozen new questions ("What's up with the button?" "What's the Dharma Initiative?" "What's with the quarantine signs?" etc.).

Heroes is stringing out some of its mysteries as well. We still don't know exactly what Nikki's power is, we don't know what Claire's dad's agenda is, and Sylar hasn't been revealed. And we also don't know why all their powers are emerging right now.
Old 11-04-06, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
So, um, what happened after heroin-dude opened the door for Brick-girl?
Old 11-05-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It then cuts to Niki knocked out cold and on the floor with a swirling camera on her. Mohinder says some concluding words on evolution leading up to the choice to survive or perish.
Old 11-05-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone read the cover story of the new EW? Lotsa good spoilers.
Old 11-05-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My copy of EW didn't show up yet, so I hope it shows up on Monday. Grr...
Old 11-06-06, 12:17 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I was sure the dad had the cracked glasses on when he was in the hospital with the kid rapist. I know he did in fact. I noticed it then.
Old 11-06-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
(a) was known already due to what's been revealed in the show, and (b) was assumed to be the case since nothing on the show suggests otherwise.
"assumed" is a whole lot different than confirmed. I thought that's why we had spoiler tags?