TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Reunion" -- 10/26/06

Old 10-26-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smallville -- "Reunion" -- 10/26/06

"Reunion"
Spoiler:
Flashbacks reveal that Oliver and his friends bullied Lex and his friend Duncan (Bryce Hodgson) as teenagers in prep school; Lex and Oliver return to the school for a reunion.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Bryce Hodgson.
Director(s): Jeannot Szwarc.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Steven DeKnight .

Original Airdate: October 26, 2006.
Old 10-26-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to be as good as 'Arrow'. The premise sounds pretty good, so here's hoping.
Old 10-26-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The more Oliver the better if you ask me.
Old 10-26-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The next episode to watch for is "Justice". And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what that's about.
Old 10-26-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Spoiler:
The next episode to watch for is "Justice". And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what that's about.
Holy shit! I didn't realize they were actually going to do that so soon. Fan-tastic!
Old 10-26-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Holy shit! I didn't realize they were actually going to do that so soon. Fan-tastic!
I'm not getting too excited until I actually watch that episode. Because of rights issues,
Spoiler:
there will be no Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash or Green Lantern sightings. They will be replaced by Green Arrow, Impulse, Cyborg and Aquaman.
Old 10-26-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm not getting too excited until I actually watch that episode. Because of rights issues,
Spoiler:
there will be no Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash or Green Lantern sightings. They will be replaced by Green Arrow, Impulse, Cyborg and Aquaman.
Spoiler:
I actually had to look up the difference between Flash and Impulse. Part of me feels better that I had to do that. I always assumed that the appearance of Bart Allen in an earlier episode *was* The Flash. Apparently not. Still, even if this is a low-rent edition of JL, it's still pretty cool. Takes Smallville in a direction I didn't anticipate back in the first couple of seasons.
Old 10-26-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't understand if they have rights issues with characters shown in previous episodes.
Old 10-26-06, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Bart Allen hasn't been Impulse in many years. A few years ago he became Kid Flash, and now he is The Flash. So, when it comes to the show who knows what they'll call him. And I don't know how you could say that Green Arrow and Aquaman are replacing Batman and Green Lantern, when all of them have been League members.
Old 10-26-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Son_Of_Zod
Bart Allen hasn't been Impulse in many years. A few years ago he became Kid Flash, and now he is The Flash. So, when it comes to the show who knows what they'll call him. And I don't know how you could say that Green Arrow and Aquaman are replacing Batman and Green Lantern, when all of them have been League members.
Spoiler:
Yes, at times they were members of the league but I'm referring to the main core members and based on the spoilers that I have read, those two are in fact replacing/substituting for Batman and Green Lantern as original members.
Old 10-26-06, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Yes, at times they were members of the league but I'm referring to the main core members and based on the spoilers that I have read, those two are in fact replacing/substituting for Batman and Green Lantern as original members.
Again Aquaman was always an original member of the Justice League, so it's not a fact at all that he's replacing/substituting for anyone. He's 1 of the Big 7 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and AQUAMAN). Green Arrow was the first member to join the Justice League outside the charter members making him the 8th member. The only character that isn't or hasn't been a Justice League member that is appearing in the episode is Cyborg.

Last edited by Son_Of_Zod; 10-26-06 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-26-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gotham mention.
Old 10-26-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I knew Rhia (sp?) was still alive.

Not a bad episode as far a FOTW episodes go.
Old 10-26-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was an okay episode (though the Excelsior kids flashback didn't do much but confirm Lex's loser status as a teenager).

The resolution for the FOTW was rushed once again.

Lois's investigative bent continues to be showcased.

Chloe's reaction to meeting Ollie was cute.

So Rhia is on earth...
Old 10-26-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not the best Lex flashback episode, but it was still pretty good. The Kryptonite FOTW was bleh, but it's the first one in awhile so it will slide.

I did like how they set up the next episode, Fallout, in the background of this episode. I would like the show a bit better if they started to do that more, as every episode feeling like a standalone and never being mentioned again gets a little repetitive.

Of course, with
Spoiler:
Bow Wow
being a special guest star next week, I'm hoping I'm not laughing my ass off during the entire episode.
Old 10-26-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not as strong as last week's epsiode, but still an improvement over some of the things we suffered through the past two seasons. Overall, this year is shaping up to potentially be one of the best yet.
Old 10-27-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The villain was meh and I got a low-rent Final Destination vibe from the first kill and the car crash but the character stuff let me look passed that. I also like seeing Ollie kick the crap outta Lex.

BTW, how did the second guy die. The station over here cut off when he got in the limo in favor of commercials.
Old 10-27-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Bryce Hodgson.

Huh? I thought Pa Kent was killed off? What gives? I stopped watching after that episode, because, well, they killed off Pa Kent damn it!
Old 10-27-06, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They still list him for some mysterious reason. Perhaps he migh come back in some form similar to what happened in the Brainiac episodes?
Old 10-27-06, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Decent episode, as other have mentioned above i didn't care for Lex's flashback and it really didn't do much for me in terms of establishing his character, but I enjoyed it.

On the flipside of that, I actually wish they would do more Lex flashbacks. He is such a complex and interesting character, I would love to see more interesting and character developemental flashbacks.

I liked the angle the show is taking in terms of locating the zoners with Chloe using the satellites to find the craters. Cool

Loved the mention of Gotham.

Lana getting knocked out AGAIN and getting a concussion is getting VERY tiring, that girls damn brain should be mush by now.

Loved Oliver kicking Lex's ass when they met in Oliver's place.

More long hair Chloe is always good
Old 10-27-06, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Son_Of_Zod
Bart Allen is certainly not the Flash. That poor excuse for a series is perhaps the worst DC has at the moment. The Flash will only be back when Wally West shows up again.
Old 10-27-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
Not that I have been watching much, but does Oliver know about Clark's super powers?

I'm waiting for Oliver and Lex to have the conversation about Clark just waltzing in on them anytime he damn pleases and they bitch about how utterly annoying that is.
Old 10-27-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Spoiler:
Not that I have been watching much, but does Oliver know about Clark's super powers?
Oliver knows.
Old 10-27-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Oliver knows.
and clark knows about oliver, so they both keep quiet
Old 10-27-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Originally Posted by devilshalo
I'm waiting for Oliver and Lex to have the conversation about Clark just waltzing in on them anytime he damn pleases and they bitch about how utterly annoying that is.
lex must have shit for security, either that or he once told his guards that those high schoolers he was hanging out with were allowed in and never remembered to change their orders, as clark isn't the only one that has a long record of just walking into the mansion over the years

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.