Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho - "9:02" - 10/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mllefoo
I also wonder why more people haven't died of radiation poisoning.
The nukes were set off hundreds of miles away. There was no direct source of radiation.
Old 10-26-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Pesticides, abductions, kids snooping, bartering. This show has it all.

It has a high Q rating among the Amish.
Old 10-26-06, 09:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Synopsis for next week:

First minute: something to do with the nuclear war
Next 43 minutes: cat stuck in tree!
Last minute: something to do with the nuclear war
Old 10-26-06, 09:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I want to like this show. I really do. I love the concept, I like the actors, the potential is still there - they haven't thrown it away completely yet - but I just can't take too much more of the inanity.
Old 10-26-06, 09:52 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell, in the Day After Tomorrow, people outside the blast zone were dying left and right. Even the hero of the movie died of radiation poisoning, or it was implied by the end of the movie.
Wha?
Old 10-26-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm guessing the secret agent guy wrote a macro script on the fly to photoshop his pic instead of just cutting and pasting using the mouse. Thats hardcore photo manipulation.

Was that the daughter's vanilla ice CD? cuz she would've been like 1 year old when it was released.

D
Old 10-26-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After four episodes of SuperJake, this one actually seemed more realistic by comparison.

The corn worms - Yeah, that could have happend under normal circumstances. Fair enough.

The breakdown of law and order - Ok, I can accept this too. There is a segment of society that wil take advantage of the situation. I guess the Compound Militia are the new boogy men.

Little missy bailing out grocery boy with her daddies credit card - She's starting to like him. We get it.

IRS woman - She is such a caricature. "That farm is property of the Dept of the Treasury." Some perspective please? Hey, lady, I doubt that any taxes are going to be paid any time soon. Why don't you take the entire town?

Hawkins and his daughter - I think the cut and paste job was a juvenile attempt to show that he regrets being away from them during that time.

My guess on how the Hawkins storyline will play out:
Spoiler:
He is part of an organization that is trying to overthrow the government. Jake is a counter-terrorist professional, kinda like Jack Bauer. Hawkins and Jake will become friends. Hawkins will get called on to do something (blow up a building, shoot he mayor, whatever). Jake and Hawkins battle it out. At the last moment Hawkins will relent and turn on his organization. Then the dynamic duo will protect the town against all those who wish them harm.

Enough cliches?

Last edited by Pistol Pete; 10-26-06 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-26-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder why the EMP didn't happen when the bombs hit? I also wonder why more people haven't died of radiation poisoning. Hell, in the Day After Tomorrow, people outside the blast zone were dying left and right. Even the hero of the movie died of radiation poisoning, or it was implied by the end of the movie.
That movie was based a little bit more on scientific fact unlike Jericho. If there was an all out nuclear war then yes most of the population of the midwest would probably die from radiation sickness since all the silos in Wyoming and the Dakotas would be nuked causing radiation to flow east in the jet stream.

But it wouldn't be much of a show with all the main characters dying by the third episode.

The Day After was (Not Day After Tomorrow unless ice ages cause radiation ) suppose to show the horrors of nuclear war. Jericho is suppose to teach us the horrors of bad writing.
Old 10-26-06, 10:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Just think how cool this show could have become in just one episode. The EMP goes off...caption "Two Weeks Later"...clock shows 9:02...slow pan to reveal that Jericho has become: THUNDERDOME!
Old 10-26-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
But it wouldn't be much of a show with all the main characters dying by the third episode.
It couldn't be any worse though, no?
Old 10-26-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
My guess on how the Hawkins storyline will play out:

He is part of an organization that is trying to overthrow the government. Jake is a counter-terrorist professional, kinda like Jack Bauer. Hawkins and Jake will become friends. Hawkins will get called on to do something (blow up a building, shoot he mayor, whatever). Jake and Hawkins battle it out. At the last moment Hawkins will relent and turn on his organization. Then the dynamic duo will protect the town against all those who wish them harm.
At the rate the plot is developing this will happen in the 2010 season!

They first have to deal with the dog that runs away from Mrs. Beezlys Farm; Who took the chickens from old man Wrigley's coupe; and who will run for Highway Superintendent.
Old 10-26-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
This show is making a huge mistake (I'm guessing more for budgetary reasons than anything else) focusing on the "survival" aspects instead of the bigger picture. As a poster already pointed out, there's a couple of interesting minutes at the beginning of each show, a couple interesting moments at the end, and the rest is dull "filler".

I'd rather see a JERICHO that's stupid but exciting, than the one we're seeing now, which is stupid and boring. Last night's was by far the worst episode we've seen yet. I actually found it difficult to sit through because it was making me restless.
Old 10-26-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course they could be doing all this bad writing on purpose. I mean we are still watching it. Look how long Walker Texas Ranger was on.
Old 10-26-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They're saving the Skeet death episode for November sweeps. I know I'll be tuning in.
Old 10-26-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Wha?
I meant the Day After.

Finger slipped. A lot.
Old 10-26-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course they could be doing all this bad writing on purpose. I mean we are still watching it. Look how long Walker Texas Ranger was on.
Walker wasn't badly written, according to Chuck Norris. And he must be right because he can kick your ass if you think otherwise.
Old 10-26-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I meant the Day After.

Finger slipped. A lot.
I hate when I accidentally hit the "Tomorrow" key.
Old 10-26-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Man, I really want one of those "ruggedized" laptops. Where is he getting the power to run that thing from?
Old 10-26-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber
Man, I really want one of those "ruggedized" laptops. Where is he getting the power to run that thing from?

From his "ruggedized" generator.
Old 10-26-06, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean the one that won't run any of the lights in the house?
Old 10-26-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes
Old 10-26-06, 07:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you have the laptop w/ all the answers would you waste fuel/power on the lights
Old 10-26-06, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nemein
When you have the laptop w/ all the answers would you waste fuel/power on the lights
Suprisingly good logic for this show.
Old 10-26-06, 09:22 PM

I realize this is definitly nit picking but I was amused that IRS lady's mechanically driven watch stopped from the EMP.
Old 10-27-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kinetic
this threadcrapping would never fly in a lost thread. it's always the same people bashing it every week. If you don't like it don't watch.
I am not threadcrapping since I have watched this steaming pile since day one. I have had enough and deleted it from my SP list. I can't take it anymore. Out of 2 or 3 new shows I decided to watch this year I had to pick this turd as one of them.

If I post in another Jericho thread after this one, I will indeed be a threadcrapper. See the difference?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.