Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sleeper Cell 12/10 American Terror

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleeper Cell 12/10 American Terror

WEll this is an early EARLY thread......I really liked this show and was happy to see the "promo" on it this past weekend.....There is a preview of it up at SHowtimes website.....I really hope that this one ends better then the last one BUT I DO see where the writers were comming from (Making the terrorists look weak minded when everything came down to it)....I am really excited to get this going again

http://www.sho.com/site/sleepercell/home.do
Old 10-20-06, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Looks interesting although I don't have Showtime. I did buy season 1 and watched the pilot and thought it was a really well made production.
Old 10-20-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was great, and was under the impression it was a one-season thing.

I was very happy to hear it's coming back.
Old 10-21-06, 06:23 PM

this show rocks. best news I heard today.
Old 11-01-06, 04:52 AM

Just another update I found while surfing the net...Looks like Companies are finally using the Ondemand service for something good.......

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/200...first_sho.html
Old 11-01-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
That's cool. I might sign up for Showtime for a day or two, watch them all and then cancel.
Old 11-20-06, 04:58 PM

The New Site is up for Sleeper Cell:American Terror with small clips of the 1st episode.

http://www.sho.com/site/sleepercell/home.do
Old 11-20-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm enjoying re-watching the first series in HD on showtime now (every sat & sun night). Really looking forward the new season/series..
Old 11-20-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
awesome news!!!

what a great show SC is...
Old 12-08-06, 05:35 AM

Just so no one who likes this show forgets and for those of you that didnt know this weekend the American Terror Begins
Old 12-08-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Can't wait for this show to start. Showtime is showing this everyday i think (all 8 or 10 episodes in a row)
Old 12-08-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I read about this in the paper this week and resubscribed to Showtime yesterday for this alone. It was only 5 more bucks a month so I can't complain. It's always nice to have Showtime HD. They actually show their movies in OAR! (ahem...HBO)

Guess I can catch up on the awful Masters of Horror now and check out Dexter, which I have heard good things about.
Old 12-08-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I read about this in the paper this week and resubscribed to Showtime yesterday for this alone. It was only 5 more bucks a month so I can't complain. It's always nice to have Showtime HD. They actually show their movies in OAR! (ahem...HBO)

Guess I can catch up on the awful Masters of Horror now and check out Dexter, which I have heard good things about.
i did the same thing, but for Dexter, and was exposed to S1 of Sleeper Cell.
I'm really looking forward to S2.
BTW, Dexter rocks and Masters of Horror is so far (imho) much beter than last year.
Old 12-11-06, 09:56 AM

Well Fiance and I watched the ENTIRE show it was real good enjoyed every episode the last one I know will casue some major controversy among some people, but overall a great show again
Old 12-11-06, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was anyone else able to access all of S2 episodes On-Demand? I watched episode 1 at its 9:00 PM timeslot and then checked On-Demand. For Sleeper Cell they only had the last 4 episodes of Season 1 and 3 specials (they looked like DVD extras). I kept checking all the way through 12:00 and it stayed the same.

I'll check again when I get home but I was under the impresion that all 8 episodes would be available Sunday.
Old 12-11-06, 02:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I wonder if Toyota had to pay for the Land Cruiser to be called the vehicle of choice for holy warriors
Old 12-11-06, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Was anyone else able to access all of S2 episodes On-Demand? I watched episode 1 at its 9:00 PM timeslot and then checked On-Demand. For Sleeper Cell they only had the last 4 episodes of Season 1 and 3 specials (they looked like DVD extras). I kept checking all the way through 12:00 and it stayed the same.

I'll check again when I get home but I was under the impresion that all 8 episodes would be available Sunday.
Not sure if it is different for every provider, but with Cox what they did was just put in with season 1 so what you had to do was scroll all the way down and Sleeper Cell had 3 pages worth, Episodes 6-18 (I think) and then the extras.....The new episodes should have been uploaded yesterday sometime G/L it was well worth sitting through.
Old 12-11-06, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good opening episode. I am watching it each day instead of On Demand since On Demand doesn't show the episodes in HD.

I thought they did a decent job of putting him back into a sleeper cell but you still have to suspend disbelief a little. Nice little "24" moment at the end of the 1st episode. I was not expecting the
Spoiler:
death of the female agent and the way she died made me quite uncomfortable.
Old 12-11-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I got all 11 episodes and will be watching this probably tonight. You all seem to think its pretty good so I'll give it a chance.
Old 12-11-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdtv00
I got all 11 episodes and will be watching this probably tonight. You all seem to think its pretty good so I'll give it a chance.
I would recommend not watching the 2nd season until you have watched the first.
Old 12-11-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, I'm confused. I got home tonight and accessed Cox on demand. Under Showtime series: Sleeper cell they still only have Season 1 episodes 6 through 10 and three extras. They don't even have last nights episode.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-11-06, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
OK, I'm confused. I got home tonight and accessed Cox on demand. Under Showtime series: Sleeper cell they still only have Season 1 episodes 6 through 10 and three extras. They don't even have last nights episode.
Is anyone else having this problem?
DD I have Cox also (NorthEast) at first I didnt notice the entire series the way they had it listed. It was within the Sleeper Cell "Main" menu, then if you notice there is an arrow pointing down once I clicked that it showed the rest of the shows, but on the first page it did show episodes 11-13 I believe. Cox is really wierd on how they post the OnDemand and if they did it differently for you they might have thier own section for it, if anything you might try unplugging your box for 1 min plugging it back in and seeing if it refreshes the selection, if anything give a call and see what happened to the upload.
Old 12-11-06, 10:47 PM

Good opening episode. I am watching it each day instead of On Demand since On Demand doesn't show the episodes in HD.

I thought they did a decent job of putting him back into a sleeper cell but you still have to suspend disbelief a little. Nice little "24" moment at the end of the 1st episode. I was not expecting the
Spoiler:
death of the female agent and the way she died made me quite uncomfortable.
I think you ALWAYS have to suspend belief a little with any show as the directors and writers will usually take some kind of creative stance. As far as the other thing it was very disturbing yes I agree, but in some sense it showed the brutality of what was going on. I really cant discuss all my feelings on the show since I dont want to ruin it for some people but some of the things made me upset and it wasnt on the "bad" side.

I have seen posts on other boards that this show and other movies lke it try to humanize the "other" side of things (meaning the extremist muslim view) what people ahve to remember is that there are always 2 sids to the story everything is NOT black and white I am right you are wrong, we should look at both sides of the argument so that we can better undterstand why people are doing what they are doing (even if it is skewed in this case) as many times tehre are situations that wil make you think long and hard on your stance.
Old 12-11-06, 10:48 PM

I would recommend not watching the 2nd season until you have watched the first.
yes if you havent watched the 1st season dont go into the 2nd season cold, you will loose a lot of the meaning and they are NOT stand alone by any means.
Old 12-11-06, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
of course i grabbed all 10 episodes season 1 and have the one from last nights new season 2. I only got one watched so far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.