Smallville -- "Arrow" -- 10/19/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Arrow" -- 10/19/06

"Arrow"
Spoiler:
Lois witnesses the Green Arrow steal a rare diamond necklace from Martha's neck; Clark discovers Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow; Lex tests Lana's loyalty.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley.
Director(s): Michael Rohl@.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders.

Original Airdate: October 19, 2006.
Old 10-19-06, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this is better than last weeks crapper episode.
Old 10-19-06, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
I hope this is better than last weeks crapper episode.
Agreed, or I'll be switching to The Office halfway through.
Old 10-19-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Agreed, or I'll be switching to The Office halfway through.
I already do that.

Of course I'm HD-DVR'ing both shows simultaneously, so I just finish the rest of Smallville right afterwards.
Old 10-19-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was looking forward to this episode, but I thought the first confrontation scene between Clark and Green Arrow was sorely underwritten. It just felt like it should have went down differently, and Clark was just sleep-walking. I did like the final scene between the two of them, though. I have no idea where this Lana came from, she's so dark now. Lionel is indeed up to no good with his courting of Martha, it might blow up in his face down the line.
Old 10-19-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A hundred times better than last week's episode, or maybe my expectations were just down after last week.

It looks like Lex and the black box is going to be the season finale problem. Just wondering what it's leading to, and what Lionel is up to.

This might have been my favorite episode of the season so far.
Old 10-19-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely the best one so far this season...

I have to agree that the first Clark/Oliver meeting was a bit underwhelming. But it picked up. Glad to see that:
Spoiler:
He's sticking around. I'd love if this show started to go in a bit of a JL direction.

And if I were Kristin Kreuk, I'd be going apeshit on the writers right now. Lana's never been the most well-rounded character, but she's pulling shit out of thin air right now. We're seeing sides of her we've never seen before, with no buildup or motivation.
Old 10-19-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I read spoilers ahead of time to see if an episode is worth watching so I skipped the last couple episodes and tried to watch tonight's episode.

Story was okay. Dark Lana was hot and all, but it feels like we're getting stuck with another lex project that could f up the world again. So it's back to square one.
Old 10-19-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lana's gone from sweetness and light to rancid and dank.
Old 10-19-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
are they trying to make green arrow the batman replacement

he had the grappling hook arrow that pulled him up the elevator and as that was happening we heard the tim burton batman movie theme music.
Old 10-19-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A hundred times better than last week's episode, or maybe my expectations were just down after last week.
Agreed!

I loved this episode, sooo much better than last weeks.

I loved how Lex was testing Lana using his Dad. Brilliant! Now thats how Lex is suppose to be.

Lionel wants that box, bad!

Loved how Lana is starting to become darker. Keeping things from Lex, black mailing the Doc, and threatening his family. I love it! I think Lex definitely found his equal.

I loved the interaction between GA and CK, as the above poster mentioned, there first confrontation was underwtitten, but I loved the end scene and there dialogue.

I also like the GA backstory/character. Kind of like a Robin Hood type but still has that rich and powerful personality, fun character. Hopefully the writers keep him strong and interesting and not dumb down his character.

GA costume actually looks good and not too cheesy.

A very enjoyable episode this week.
Old 10-19-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't like that shot of GA's underarm hair on full display, it didn't seem hero-y.
Old 10-19-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like that shot of GA's underarm hair on full display, it didn't seem hero-y.
Ya he should have went Metro-Arrow.

No homo.
Old 10-19-06, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Green Nair-O??

This season has been a drastic improvement over the past few and I'm now looking forward to it instead of cringing about what Freak o' da Week might be popping up. Hope this trend continues.
Old 10-19-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone finding it weird how brazen Clark has been with his display of powers this season? He's getting a bit broodful as well. But Chloe looks great with the longer hair. I had to chuckle at the white top and dunking of Lois scene, they worked hard to keep the camera frame above the chest line.
Old 10-20-06, 01:13 AM

finally, the superman story is moving along. now that green arrow has told him that other people actually need help too clark will actually understand that his power should be used to help mankind, instead of just his friends. green arrow is bad@ss.
best episode yet, and i mean yet. the more the stories take place in metropolis the more better this series will get. one more thing, if clark isn't wearing glasses now won't later on down the timeline when he becomes superman won't lois and lex and everyone that knows him be able to tell that "hey that's clark in the superman outfit".
my point is that a disguise won't work on those that have known him.
Old 10-20-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm liking Green Arrow. Very cool and I love those Sun Glasses!
Loved the end scene with Clark and Oliver but it would have been much better with Clark and Bruce Wayne.

The Lana thing, seems out of left field. As does Lanas interest in being a reporter.
Old 10-20-06, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sinister
finally, the superman story is moving along. now that green arrow has told him that other people actually need help too clark will actually understand that his power should be used to help mankind, instead of just his friends. green arrow is bad@ss.
best episode yet, and i mean yet. the more the stories take place in metropolis the more better this series will get. one more thing, if clark isn't wearing glasses now won't later on down the timeline when he becomes superman won't lois and lex and everyone that knows him be able to tell that "hey that's clark in the superman outfit".
my point is that a disguise won't work on those that have known him.

I made that exace same point about him being recognized in last week's thread.

I liked this episode a lot as well. Liked GA's speech at the end. I wonder if they are planning on ending after this season, since, especially after hearing that, Clark should be moving on to bigger and better things. IE, become Superman already. How much longer can he stay small time.
Old 10-20-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
We're seeing sides of her we've never seen before, with no buildup or motivation.
She's afraid of alien invaders. Lex is her best bet for figuring out how to use the black box against them. Simple motivation.
Old 10-20-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great episode. Characters are starting to come together to map out sides for the season.

The Green Arrow looks kind of young and Lois has a Milf-iness to her. She could easily pass for 30+ year old and he looked like he was just out of high school.

I do find myself entering the "Don't like Lana" camp. Very uneven and unconvincing. Maybe she was supposed to be unconvincing, since she was being tested by Lex. She has a rather annoying lisp.
Old 10-20-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loved the show!

GA was fantastic, much like Batman would have been.

His speach to the "Future Superman" was perfect, bring on the JLA (or JL of Smallville).
Old 10-20-06, 09:28 AM
Suspended

Great episode. 'Nuff said.
Old 10-20-06, 12:52 PM

after watching this episode, id really like a green arrow spin off
Old 10-20-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
It's a shame that they couldn't have gotten the Legion story that the new LSH cartoon series is doing. It would make better sense than these one off heroes popping up and hinting about teaming up in the future.
Old 10-20-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode...especially the speech at the end. Also, more of Lois than Lana, and that's always a good thing.

Funny that I always hated the idea of bringing Lois to the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.