Reload this Page >

Men in Trees 10/13/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Men in Trees 10/13/06

Old 10-13-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Men in Trees 10/13/06

This episode left a big silly grin on my face. It's just a nice change of pace after a week of procedurals and sitcoms. The building of these characters and how they interact with one another is the strength of the show. It's probably going to have to fill that Everwood void for me, and it's doing a good job.

The snoring subplot hit home for me, but mainly because I can snore up a storm as well.

We got more development from the Slattery boys (the fight between the brothers is always welcomed because the city boy is an asshat).

Glad to see Ben finally moving on, even if it took a caribou to get him to see the light.

Last edited by Patman; 10-13-06 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-13-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How has this been doing in the ratings? I know its not pulling in amazing numbers, but then again its on Friday's at 9pm... does it have a chance for a full season?
Old 10-13-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's typically in 3rd place (behind Deal or No Deal, and Close to Home), but the ratings aren't terrible, and are very steady. It might make it for a full season, but probably won't know until November.
Old 10-14-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good to know...

Especially after last night this series is definately growing on me more and more... and now with 'everwood' gone, I really need my quirky small-town dramedy fix...
Old 10-14-06, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
It's typically in 3rd place (behind Deal or No Deal, and Close to Home), but the ratings aren't terrible, and are very steady. It might make it for a full season, but probably won't know until November.
Next week, it is up against season premiere of Las Vegas, plus Close to Home. May be more of a contest, and a more distant third.
Old 10-14-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
This is wife's no holds barred must see favorite show on Fridays, and it puts her in a good mood for the weekend. Hope it's around for a while!
Old 10-14-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never been a fan of Anne Heche. But, I love her in this role. I just love this quirky show.
Old 10-15-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hear ABC is quite pleased with the ratings so far and it's shaping up to be a real sleeper for them. Another great episode that just flew by. I'll be extremely ticked if it does get axed, but I think it'll be one of the lucky ones to make a full year. The cast is just so damn likeable and the plots/dialogue are really great...and it seems like they aren't dragging out things forever like most shows do (Marin and Jack hooking up, Ben kicking out his wife etc.). The Annie and Patrick storyline rules.

MATT
Old 10-15-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Even thought it ended up 4th this week in its timeslot, it actually gained viewership from the last 2 weeks. The reason it was 4th was because of a good outing on Fox's baseball playoff coverage.
Old 10-20-06, 02:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Just watched this episdoe and agree it was very good. All 3 stories were interesting.

ABC seems to be happy with it as there's talk it may move to the post-Grey's slot after the cancel Six Degrees.